July 30, 2010 Mickey's Adventures England to Espana Cruise

We made it back::headache:

We had an amazing time and I think it will be hard to sail out of North America again. I had originally booked this cruise for the dates only and I was not thrilled with the ports but the more I read the more excited I got and the reality was each port was better than the last. I cannot pick a favorite as they all were wonderful.

The girls loved the warm weather and the late daylight. We usually sail in March and then it dark by 6:00 and it is cold on the pool deck so they took advantage of the empty pool in the evening. I would hate to count the hours they spent in the pool it would be huge.

The highlight for the girls was hanging out with Mickey and Pluto for about 15 minutes on deck 4 before sailing out of Vigo:dance3:

Thank you everyone for all the great information , it was a lot of fun.

Would love to see pictures if anyone wants to share.

Happy planning to everyone for the next cruise.

Lisa

Hi Everyone - well what an amazing time we had!

Thanks to Deb for sorting the lanyards, they were great. Didn't get to meet many of you - maybe next time - but we did get to spend the week in the company of lovely people at our dinner table! :)

Our Disney driver took us to wrong terminal and by the time we arrived we they had closed our flight!! We ended up staying in Barcelona for an evening and flew out the next day.

Sheryl, what a shame we didn't know - we could have arranged to meet up! We had a similar issue the next day, but luckily we still made our flight... Hope that you have both recovered from your journey home now - what an ordeal. It was great to meet you!

Well, we took the plunge and booked up for next year while we were on board :banana: - sounds like I'm not the only one - so maybe we'll see some of you next year!

Manda x

Hi Everyone

We are back and got home last night....

We had a fabulous times on the Cruise and 4 nights at Barcelona which was great....

I am back to work soon oh no........

I met the dibb people but met very rarely disboards apart from Mkmummy, Dirk family,Dylcal amd Robert from Rjayl....

Two interpreters was fabulous too and one of them texted me last Sat that he missed me.... awwwwwwww:sad1:

I wish I chat with you Piggy and Pear etc ... oh well, we booked another cruise but think we put ahead for 2012.

Olivia enjoyed with Laruen (Mkmummy) and Niamh (Katie)...

Kids enjoyed themselves and beg us to book another cruise :scared1: and they enjoyed the swimming pool at top floor at the hotel in Barcelona. The view was stunning at day and evening too...

I feel I missed everyone now.....:sad2:

oh well back to work within one hour arrrrrrrggggghhhhhh:headache:

and piles of washing :laundy: huh

Scottishwee35pirate:

Hi Everyone - well what an amazing time we had!

Thanks to Deb for sorting the lanyards, they were great. Didn't get to meet many of you - maybe next time - but we did get to spend the week in the company of lovely people at our dinner table! :)

Sheryl, what a shame we didn't know - we could have arranged to meet up! We had a similar issue the next day, but luckily we still made our flight... Hope that you have both recovered from your journey home now - what an ordeal. It was great to meet you!

Well, we took the plunge and booked up for next year while we were on board :banana: - sounds like I'm not the only one - so maybe we'll see some of you next year!

Manda x

Oh Manda

I know that we didnt met up in another day same with another disboards too...:sad1:

but this cruise was fab too....

Scottishwee35

It is depressing coming home.

So I have been working on my blog and have completed up to Vigo, and ignoring the pile of stuff in the luggage that needs to be put away.

Does anyone have a good picture of the caves in Gibraltar that I can use, mine are terrible?

It is depressing coming home.

So I have been working on my blog and have completed up to Vigo, and ignoring the pile of stuff in the luggage that needs to be put away.

Does anyone have a good picture of the caves in Gibraltar that I can use, mine are terrible?

Hi Lisa

I am miserable too:sad1:

I think must be good times on cruise and Barcelona then come home

back to laundry:laundy: cooking, back to work get harder on first day last Thursday...

I have picture in caves but not very good ... sorry about that...

Scottishwee35

I am disappointed that I have no paper work or reference nos for booking on the cruise for 20 July..

I thought dcl gave us paperwork to our room but nothing.

Now I contact DU because the staff said transfer it to DU and i have not heard anything. Tracy emailed me and she will find out but heard nothing so far...

I am worry now :confused:

Scottishwee35

I am disappointed that I have no paper work or reference nos for booking on the cruise for 20 July..

I thought dcl gave us paperwork to our room but nothing.

Now I contact DU because the staff said transfer it to DU and i have not heard anything. Tracy emailed me and she will find out but heard nothing so far...

I am worry now :confused:

Scottishwee35

Check your credit card statement and see if the processed the deposit.

I think the girls are having a hard time adjusting back to the real world, they were so good on the trip and having so much fun, this weekend they were crazy, and the dreaded "I'm bored"

Lisa

Could someone please tell me what your itinerary was? Thank you.

Dover, UK
Cherbourg, France
Vigo, Spain
Lisbon, Portugal
Cadiz, Spain
Gibraltar, UK
Barcelona, Spain

We also had a couple fo sea days thrown in for good measure .. a great itinerary but one that they won't be doing again apparently. Captain John said they would not be coming out of Dover again and would nearly always start/end in Barcelona from now.

Dover, UK
Cherbourg, France
Vigo, Spain
Lisbon, Portugal
Cadiz, Spain
Gibraltar, UK
Barcelona, Spain

We also had a couple fo sea days thrown in for good measure .. a great itinerary but one that they won't be doing again apparently. Captain John said they would not be coming out of Dover again and would nearly always start/end in Barcelona from now.

They sound like great ports. We did the bottom three on a transatlantic crossing in 2007. Gibraltar was our favorite. Well thank for your quick reply. I'm sorry to hear that they won't be repeating the cruise. Did the ship seem empty?

They sound like great ports. We did the bottom three on a transatlantic crossing in 2007. Gibraltar was our favorite. Well thank for your quick reply. I'm sorry to hear that they won't be repeating the cruise. Did the ship seem empty?

It was great ports and I enjoyed to see the Gibraltar and I felt disappointed that Captain Peter said at Vigo that not come back... the ship was fill up at end... as this ship was opened to Cat 12 last Jan and lots of UK people booked it...

maybe that why disney cruise won't do it again but I don't understand that it will be Baltic in future:confused3

I enjoyed the cruise from Dover to Barcelona as there were lovely weather, lovely ports and everything was great....

Scottishwee35

It was great ports and I enjoyed to see the Gibraltar and I felt disappointed that Captain Peter said at Vigo that not come back...
Scottishwee35

Captain Peter??? Deborah .. have you been drinking Bahama Mama's again!!?
Peter was the Cruise Director .. we had Captain John on this cruise.

Drunkard!:rotfl2:

Regarding Gibraltar ... lovely place but hold tight to your bag/camera/phone as I had my brand new IPhone 4 pickpocketed. The Police and locals were great and all blamed the recent influx of Algerian immigrants. I haven't got a clue who it was, but hope it never happens to anyone else.

Captain Peter??? Deborah .. have you been drinking Bahama Mama's again!!?
Peter was the Cruise Director .. we had Captain John on this cruise.

Drunkard!:rotfl2:

Regarding Gibraltar ... lovely place but hold tight to your bag/camera/phone as I had my brand new IPhone 4 pickpocketed. The Police and locals were great and all blamed the recent influx of Algerian immigrants. I haven't got a clue who it was, but hope it never happens to anyone else.

Of course, I pissed :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Scottishwee35

I'm still in deep post cruise depression so thought I would revive our thread with some pics :thumbsup2

010810_0231.jpg

Me and my DD on Formal night

010810_0235.jpg

One of the many towel animals

010810_0238.jpg

One of the many wonderful at sea sunsets

020810_0205.jpg

The magnificent sunken treasure

040810_0836.jpg

Pirate night fireworks

040810_0804.jpg

Our ride

040810_0817.jpg

With the charming Capt Jack Sparrow :love:

I know hard to believe it was 3 weeks since we could see things like this.

100_0230-1.jpg

Much nicer than my windowless office:eek:

So what is a girl to do,:confused3 of course firm up plans for the next cruise. I decided that Alaska is out and I am going back to the Med next August. I am going to leave the girls at home (they are never going to know or they will kill me, and are away anyway) and take my sister hopefully. I really wanted to go on the Liberty of the Seas, which has a very similar 7 day from Barcelona but DCL, with moving my Alaska cruise is much less. :thumbsup2.

I just feel like I missed so much especially in Barcelona, and I don't think they are ready for Rome yet.

I finished my blog if anyone wants to see more of my pictures.

Lisa

I am going back to the Med next August. I am going to leave the girls at home

Lisa

Lisa
We're just about to book the 7 night Med on Aug 20th 2011. It'lll be me and my partner Mick, my mum and someone (no decision yet), friends Emma and Kerry plus, hopefully Mel (FloridaMel) and her family again.

Which one are you booking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter