Kim's maintenance rollercoaster. Wanna ride along? (all are welcome)

Hey Kim! How did that run go? I wanted to commend you for continuing to run in the mornings. 15min is great! Sometimes I feel like if I can't get in at least 30 min or more it's not worth it, but it is! EVERY BIT HELPS! You have helped me to see that. Keep it up girl. :thumbsup2

I hope you are managing to keep your pain issues at Bay with your 15 min runs.

It's amazing how when we're mentally tired or feeling blah, that we don't want to exercise. Yet, not exercising never makes us feel better. You'd think we'd eventually learn to just get out there and do it. Seems I can't learn that lesson (otherwise I would have exercised instead of doing nothing...)

You are setting a really great example for us and for you kiddies. Keep it up!!!

Hope you had a great weekend.
Stacie

:blush: Hanging my head in shame here, people. No running going on. And no excuses. :worried: My mood has improved, I just have to get my butt out there! Who's gonna call me at 5:45am and get me up?? :confused3

I can call you at 5:45 am on Mondays LOL! That's when I teach spin class at one of my studios ;).

Seriously...don't beat yourself up. Just take it one day at a time and try your best to get out there. Getting up early to run is THE HARDEST THING to do. I've been trying to do that too since my teaching schedule has taken on a life of its own now with the spin classes added. So I totally understand how difficult it is.

Let's make a pact...I'll get up early tomorrow and run and you do it too. We'll report back here :). It *MAY* actually get me out of bed at 6 am to run.

:hug:

Kim & AmyBeth

I will actually be getting up to RUN, it is the only time when the heat does not KILL me :goodvibes

Personal wake up calls I CAN DO, since I will be up at 5:30am................to run (Only on M&W&F, though).

Jen

Kim,

If it helps you, I'll sleep in tomorrow and bank those ZZZZZZs that you're going to miss because I just KNOW you'll get up and do it. :goodvibes

And like Stacie said, I admire you for reminding me that every minute counts and is to be savored.

Let's make a pact...I'll get up early tomorrow and run and you do it too. We'll report back here :). It *MAY* actually get me out of bed at 6 am to run.

I'm TOTALLY in!! :thumbsup2 Thanks, ladies!! I needed this help!

I did it :). 4 Miles...very early...slept through the first mile LOL! Thanks for the motivation Kimbo...I wanted to roll over and get an extra hour sleep but I tumbled out of bed instead. Hope you have a great weekend!!!! :sunny:

I did it too! Thanks so much, Amy! :hug: Mine wasn't a pretty or good run, but it's done. I didn't even make it to the 1/2 mile mark before needing to walk (breathing was SO hard). I think I went out too fast. But at that point I decided I'm going 2 miles today instead of 1, since I'll need walk breaks. I ended up taking 3 one minute walk breaks and finished 2 miles in 23 minutes. :thumbsup2

Thanks again ladies, for the kick in the rear. Seriously, that is just what I needed. ::yes::

Hey guys. Just poppin in to journal that I ran (if you can call it that) again today. The humidity is a mess out there. I guess I can't go out any later than 7 to beat the humidity. I went out at 9 and it was rough. But I finished 2 miles in 24.14. Not a bad time, but a bad run. Hopefully they'll get better as I stick with it. :thumbsup2

Lots of work around the house to do this weekend. DH and I might sneak out tomorrow afternoon and go to a "fake fest" in AC (cover bands playing on an outside deck).

Have a GREAT weekend!!

Hey Kim -

You are not alone, with the heat!! I got up early all week M&W&F at 5:30am only to still have the heat kill me. Even at that time, I find I can't run the whole 3 miles. I can only run 1.5 miles and then I have to take 1 minute walk breaks all the back home. I am hoping that the more I run in the heat, the better my body will adjust...........but getting up early really stinks:furious:

You are the one who told me, it does not matter how fast or slow --- it is all about "putting one foot in front of the other" :worship:

So the way I look at it, we are up while others are sleeping and that in itself is something to be proud about!! :hug:

Sorry I can't call you at 5:30 every morning.....I try to sleep until at least 6:30. I can try to teach Gunner how to dial the phone and he can call you....but you'll probably just hear heavy breathing! :lmao:
Glad to hear you're out there getting it done...you've done really great this past year! Keep it up and you'll be doing the full marathong instead of just the MINNIE!

How's the hip feeling? Don't overdo it girl!! Also, hope the mood is better too! I have pills for that!! :thumbsup2

Have a great weekend!!
ree-ree

Well done on getting out there in the heat & managing to run Kim!!
Dont have the heat problem here, but i was debating whether to try it when we go to WDW in August but i think it might be too much :(
i ran once on the TM in the Maldives & my ankles swelled up - that seems to be the problem for me - any advice????

Sadly, nothing new to report, guys. I haven't been running, but the knee pain is back. :headache: I have an appointment with the ortho on 7/7, and will get the cortisone shot again.

Tracey - I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with swollen ankles. :guilty: I would recommend searching online. Otherwise, I'd use the TM instead of running outside at WDW. I believe all resorts have fitness centers. I'm just hoping to be pain free and will try to run early outside a few times. There is SO much walking involved with WDW trips that I don't usually feel the need to go overboard getting the runs in.

swim-mom - you're right. I need to be grateful for the amount I do run. Thanks for the reality check. :thumbsup2

Ree Ree - Tell Gunner thanks, but I'll manage without him. :laughing: I don't know, I think I could sum this year up with the title of "slacking off". Let's just hope I can hang in there and get a few more miles in at some point.

Jen - HI BUDDY!! :yay:

Hope you all have a GREAT 4th of July!:banana:

:hug: Kim....sorry your knee pain is back. I hope the shot gives you the relief you need. Don't rush getting back into running...maybe try to add biking or something that doesn't cause pain. I know how frustrating dealing with an injury can be...and you've had MORE than your fair share.

Well Kim - This is just a bump in the road, you will get past this --- I promise :hug:

You know better than anyone, you will recover and come back faster!! Just because you never let it get you down!!!! :goodvibes

Hey Kim! Happy 4th of July! Hope your knee isn't bothering you in daily life at this point and that you're relaxing and enjoying the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter