Kim's new and improved life journal!

I just wanted to say how great it was that you did that eliptical workout! It was great that you did it even though you didn't want to (doesn't it always feel great when you argue with yourself, but actually end up doing it?) and then that you were able to do it for so long!! That's so awesome :)

You're doing great girl!

Thanks girls..you are sooooo helpful!!

I forgot to post yesterday, but I did the eliptical again. I'm a little upset with myself that I'm slacking on my running program, but maybe I'm more of a fair-weather runner ;) .

I have the eliptical in my house for a reason, and I'm glad to be using it. And actually, when I do the eliptical, it's more of a constant jog pace for 20 minutes...so maybe I'm getting a better workout than doing the running program.

I don't know, but as long as I do SOMETHING, I'll be good! :thumbsup2

It's weigh-in with Nancy day!! :cool1:

And.....I lost 2 pounds!!! woo hoo

I'm back in the 120's!! (129 today on her scale) :woohoo:

So, here's the breakdown...(yes I'm still doing 2 sets of books ;) )

Home - starting weight: 145 - last weigh in 1/27 - weight 130 = total loss:15 pounds

Nancy - starting weight: 143 - last weigh in 2/2 - weight 129 = total loss: 14

What was nice, is that Nancy said...so you're almost ready for maintenance, right? (meaning, I'd stop trying to lose & just maintain my weight) !!

I said NO!!! I want to get under 120. Not sure how far under, but when I get there, I'll know. I just want to be happy with what I see, and how I feel. So after 120, the number doesn't really matter - it's gonna be more about how I look/feel.

Thanks ladies, for sticking with me. I soooo appreciate your support! :wave:

(oh, and I did the eliptical for 20 minutes today. I'm hoping to get outside & run on Saturday morning)

Jay and I are staying out overnight on Saturday, and have a winery tour/tasting, dinner and brunch on Sunday planned, so I hope I do ok. I'm trying not to stress about it. I know what I can & can't have...and I'm planning on eating a little more than that. WISH me luck!!

You've done so well Kim! I'm proud of you :)

Enjoy your weekend! That sounds like a very nice time Saturday night. Enjoy!

i TOLD you that you would be in the 120s this week! i am so proud of you you bum :)
Im glad you and jay are going away-you deserve it! hope to talk to you soon though!

Thanks guys!!

Jen - I'll definitely talk to you soon...you know where to find me...(IM) haha!

how was your day today?!
i have not seen you online..arent you going through jen withdrawl yet?! it is completely understandable!!!! ;)

Yes, Jen - I was going through Jen withdrawls :goodvibes You're a good friend!!

Although, I gotta admit, I wasn't thinking about the DIS too much while with Jay this weekend. :rotfl2: :love:

Good to be back to reality!! Home weigh in tomorrow!! :thumbsup2

GOOD MORNING!!

Well, I woke up with GUILT!! Lots & lots of guilt.

Jay and I had an AWESEOME time this weekend (our overnight stay at a local winery/hotel resort).

Eating was ok. I definitely did not pig out, which was my goal. I ate slim pickins before we went around 3. Which might not have been a good idea because after 8 shot size samples of wines...I was FEELIN GOOD!! And dinner wasn't until 7!! So we went to Wawa & got some pretzels and water to hold us over (Jay had a Hershey bar too, but his skinny butt is allowed ;) ).

For dinner I had a NY strip steak (ate 1/2) and 1 and 1/2 pieces of bread with a little butter. I gave Jay my mashed potatoes right away, so I wouldn't eat them. I did have dessert. It was a combo of milk chocolate & white chocolate moose. Man was that heavenly. Oh, and I had 2 glasses of Chardonnay.

For brunch yesterday, I had an egg white omelet with tomato & onions (didn't eat any of the potatoes again). Had some tomato & cucumber salad, some brushetta without the bread, some little pieces of cheese, and 1/2 a roll. Then for dessert, and the finale of my weekend splurge, I had another small portion of chocolate moose.

I had a veggie burger on a plate with fat free cheese and a broccoli/cauliflower combination last night for dinner.

This morning, as I said in the beginning, I woke up with a lot of guilt. Usually in the mornings is when I feel the skinniest - but not today. My belly was bloated (with nothing else to blame that on right now). I did do the eliptical & then showered before I weighed in.

I still lost 1.5 pounds since last Monday...which is awesome. I honestly thought I would be the same or higher based on how I felt.

So, my home loss so far is now = 16.5 pounds!! :woohoo:

This week, I'm gonna try to alternate eliptical days with crunches & arm days. So I'll try to work out every day Monday through Friday & see how that goes. Maybe even Saturday too, that way I have 3 days of each. Then take Sundays off.

Have an AWESOME day, and I'll be back to check in by Thursday, if not before.

WOOHOOOOOO KIM!!!
You shouldnt feel guilty-you are allowed to have a weekend like that once in awhile as long as its not a habit :)
Im glad you and Jay had a good time!
and congrats on the loss...you are doing a great job! i think its a good idea to rotate your exercises--i bet youll see even better results....Are you still weighing in with nancy on thursday? Make sure you fill us in :)
have a good day!

Blueeyes101817 said:
Are you still weighing in with nancy on thursday?

YEAH MAN!! Can't wait to see what happens.

Sounds like you had a great time Kim!! And it sounds like you eat very well, considering. Don't feel guilty :)

Kim-
Now that i am not talking to you, i will write you another little note-
I know tomorrow is Nancy day so i am guessing you will be down to 128--no matter what happens, i am proud of you and you are doing great! Do you have room for me to move in?? pleaseeeee :)
wouldnt that be your biggest nightmare? haha
Hope you have a great night and im sure ill talk to you tomorrow

Blueeyes101817 said:
Do you have room for me to move in?? pleaseeeee :)
wouldnt that be your biggest nightmare? haha

You can move in anytime!! Unfortunately that would add a significant amount of time to your commute to school & work!! Not to mention the cost of gas.... :rotfl2:

You know I'm just teasin!

ANYWHO...

Just back from Nancy. Man, I love her. Even though I pay her for her services, I feel like I owe her BIG TIME!

I lost another 2 pounds! 127 BABY!! She asked me today what my goal is...I told her 120 definitely, if not a little less than that.

She also said that my "cheating" this weekend can still catch up to me this next week, so to kick up the water intake and the exercise too. So, I'm gonna do the eliptical every other day, and hopefully add some more stuff in there too (I know I said I was gonna do that this week...didn't happen :rolleyes: ). And the water is definitely doable.

Thanks again, you guys. You've been such a HUGE part of this!! (if there was a smilie of blowing kisses, I'd put it here)

you better be drinking that water my dear :drinking1
I hope you are having a great weekend! ENJOY and take some time to relax.
How was your dinner out last night?

I wanted to say thanks again--youve been a HUGE help lately!!

Hello !!
Just wanted to check in and say hi and say DID YOU SEE GREYS ANATOMY?!?!??!?!?!?

Well talk about it later !

Blueeyes101817 said:
Hello !!
Just wanted to check in and say hi and say DID YOU SEE GREYS ANATOMY?!?!??!?!?!?

Well talk about it later !

OMG, Jen - first- WHY ARE YOU AWAKE AT SUCH AN UNGODLY HOUR??

second - YESSSSSS! I SAW IT!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter