Kim's new and improved life journal!

Hi Kim :) That's great about the pants! I love when that happens :) I have so many pre-pregnancy pants and shorts that I can't wait to fit into again...and I know I will!

Keep up the great work!

hmmm 2 days with no check in from you?!?! i know your busy, but fun to pick on you!!
i havent even seen you online!

Hope things are going well with you... im sure ill talk to you soon, but im on the way to a frat party--enjoy the laundry !!! :)
**this is a joke--im not pickign on her !!**

HAHAHAHA, Jen.....very funny!! :lmao: (and you know I had to tell Jay)

Last night I had my Christmas party for work (yes, you heard me right!!). I did "cheat" little, but still left the party hungry, and notcied how little I was eating compared to everyone else!!

I slimmed down the eating today (ate what I was supposed to, but ate salad with chicken at dinner, instead of something bulkier).

Hopefully I didn't ruin the week for my weigh-in on Monday. But, actually, I'll be happy with any loss - b/c it's that time of month... :rolleyes:

I'm loving these new smilies!! :woohoo:

(I just love butterflies!!) :hippie:

OK, tomorrow is home weigh in day, but I wanted to post to say I actually exercised today!!

I started a couch-to-5K running program. It's a 3 day/week program where it alternates running & walking, and after 9 weeks, you're running a 5K straight through. Hard to believe, after today's run/walk that that will ever happen....but I'm gonna try it!!

I'm sure quite a few drivers were laughing at me while driving by. Especially the ones that saw me walking & panting/huffing/puffing like I was dying (after I had just finished running)!!!

Anyway, after I regained my breath - I felt GREAT!! A little sore when going up & down the steps (I'm sure it'll be worse tomorrow) but what a sense of accomplishment I feel!! I made it through day 1. And then Tuesday & Thursday I'll do it at lunch (only takes 20 minutes plus a quick shower).

WISH me luck! ;)

woohoo KIM!
i am so proud--i think you were scared you would get bombarded with PMs if you didnt run today!

Hey-where did u find this program? sounds like something i could possibly do...let me know!

OK, today is home weigh-in day...and I lost 1.5 pounds!!! :woohoo:

So my loss per my home scale is now 14 pounds!!!

I can't tell you how excited I am. I convinced myself to be happy even if I stayed the same since I am bloated, and I had 2 glasses of wine & a small cannoli on Saturday night!!!

But I guess it all worked out.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna weigh in with Nancy on Wed or Thurs this week....but I'll keep you all posted!!

Kim--
I feel like im saying the same thing to you every weigh in--but YOU ARE DOING GREAT ::yes:: :worship: :cheer2: party: :jumping1:
I am very proud of you---i need to get my butt in gear so that i can get the results you are...
KEEP IT UP missy or ill bombard you with PMs... :woohoo:

Thanks for the walking/jogging thing--i doubt i could actually do that though hahaha

talk to ya tomorrow!

Blueeyes101817 said:
Kim--
I feel like im saying the same thing to you every weigh in--but YOU ARE DOING GREAT ::yes:: :worship: :cheer2: party: :jumping1:
I am very proud of you---i need to get my butt in gear so that i can get the results you are...
KEEP IT UP missy or ill bombard you with PMs... :woohoo:

Thanks for the walking/jogging thing--i doubt i could actually do that though hahaha

talk to ya tomorrow!

Jen - I sooo appreciate your support. I know it seems like you're saying the same thing....but I NEED it!! It really helps me.

As far as the running...it's tough, I'm not gonna lie. But this morning I did day 2 of week 1. I really didn't want to do it, but Jay kind of reminded me how much I wanted to last night ;) . So I got up & ran/walked at 7:30. It was nice that Em was off again today, so I wasn't in a rush to get out of the house. Thursday....I'll have to go even earlier (probably around 6am!!!). But - after I did it, I thanked him (today). I felt sooo good. Knowing that it was actually easier today than it was on Sunday - even though my legs were still sore. I didn't even feel the soreness until I stopped today!! haha

But just for the pure satisfaction I feel when I'm done. And knowing I'm done for the day...that is sooooo worth it. Believe me, I'm still huffing & puffing along and the cars that drive by me are getting a good laugh...but I don't care!! I want to see the results!!! hahaha

If I can do this....ANYONE can!!!

im impressed--im moving in with you and you and jay can make me run hahahahahaha
I hope em is feeling better!!!

ill talk to ya later tonight!

You're doing great Kim! :) That's awesome about the running/walking thing. I've heard of that site and need to check it out myself. I'm someone who would love to run, but when it comes to actually doing it, I don't do well. Maybe after I lose a bit of weight I'll give it a go.

Keep up the great work!

Kim--WHERE ARE YOUUUUU
I waited for you during our american idol time and you never showed up--i will forgive you since i know Em is sick :)

There was basically no point in this post..but i had to do it--talk to u soon!

Blueeyes101817 said:
Kim--WHERE ARE YOUUUUU
I waited for you during our american idol time and you never showed up--i will forgive you since i know Em is sick :)

There was basically no point in this post..but i had to do it--talk to u soon!

awwwww, Jen!! I'm so sorry!!!

We actually had a basketball game to go to last night with the kids (Em's teachers played the Harlem Wizards) so we didn't watch AI until 10-ish. I'm sorry!!!

I'll be online most of the day today & probably tonight. I'll talk to you soon!!!

OK!! I'm back from my weigh-in with Nancy. Have I mentioned lately that I love her?? ;)

Anyway, I'm down another 1.5 pounds since last Thursday's weigh in. Which makes my weight loss with Nancy 12 pounds so far!! :woohoo:

I did weigh in at home this morning, just to be able to compare it with Nancy's scale. My home weigh-in this morning was 130 & Nancy's was 131...so it's pretty close. Good to know :teeth:

I wasn't able to run this morning due to the fact that it was dark out & my digital watch with seconds didn't have a light that worked on it. It was such a bummer, since I was up, dressed, stretched and everything...oh well. DH has a different watch I can use, so I'm gonna try again tomorrow morning. I know it's really gusty windy out there today...but if I'm only out there 20 minutes, I should be able to handle it, right?

Thanks guys for listening. I TRULY appreciate it!!

Take care....WE CAN DO THIS!! (my new catch phrase) :hyper:

Good morning!!

Well, I didn't run. I chickened out. The wind really scared me away from it. Driving home last night from work my minivan was being pushed by the wind. I could only imagine me running in that wind.

So I did the eliptical instead this morning. I tried to talk myself out of it, but I knew that I'd be mad at myself if I didn't...so the eliptical won out over sleeping those extra minutes.

I covered the timer with a piece of paper & put on the music...and I told myself I'll do it for 3 songs & then check the time. I was shooting for 10 minutes. Well, after those 3 songs, it was 11 1/2 minutes!! So then I said...ok, I'll try to do 2 more songs. After those songs, it was 19 minutes & 40 seconds...so I watched the time until I hit 20 minutes!!! I couldn't believe I made it that long.

I remember seeing a poster recently say that once you get past the initial leg burn it isn't too hard. She was definitely right!! Probably somewhere around 6 or 7 minutes, I almost wanted to quit. But I told myself to finish out the 3 songs...and then after they were done, my legs didn't feel too bad. :banana:

I laid on the floor for about 4 or 5 minutes after I was done, to stretch out and catch my breath. Then I went into the bathroom & talked to DH while he was finishing up getting ready. And I asked him to go downstairs to get me a bottle of water b/c I didn't trust my legs on the steps! :lmao:

Sorry for the long post about one workout...but it's a big accomplishment for me, and I know it's an alternative to running outside on those wintery mornings!! This weekend is supposed to be nice, so I may try to run both Sat & Sun to catch up on the running program.

Have a GREAT day!! :wave2:

:woohoo: :banana: :cool1: :cheer2: :thumbsup2

WAY TO GO KIMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

I knew you could get on that eliptical :)

you are doing great--as your weigh ins have showed...im impressed!!!

im happy you didnt run today--its nasty out there, u be careful!!!!!!!!

hey~! just saw your note in my journal so i was coming by to tell you the concert was amazing!!!
i know your out all day today but im sure youll have fun! well talk soon!

Morning all!

Today was my home weigh in again (seems like the weeks are flying by). I lost a pound. Which is great, it really is...I was just hoping for a pound and a 1/2 or more to get me over the hump.

See, now I'm at 130. I was looking to be in the 120's!! Sounds silly probably, but I was thinking it might happen.

Maybe if I actually ran this weekend like I was supposed to.... :rolleyes1

Yes, I slacked off & didn't run even though the weather was GORGEOUS!!

And I was up too late cleaning the fish tank, so I didn't get up this morning & go. But I am absolutely, positively going to bed by 10, and will go running tomorrow!!!

I didn't cheat once this week, and this weekend there were SOOOO many temptations. Well, hopefully next week I'll see that 120-something number I'm looking for!!

I KNOW that you will into those 120s! you are doing such a great job and i am VERY proud of you!! tell jay to kick your butt out the door running if u dont get up :)
Hopefully il ltalk to u soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter