Kim's new and improved life journal!

OK, so good morning!! Lovely day, isn't it? ;)

I added in an extra workout yesterday to see how it helps with my weigh on on Thursday with Nancy (since she mentioned that the previous weekends adventure might catch up with me this week). I did 25 minutes on the eliptical :cool1: (new all time high) and then went outside & shoveled wet snow for an hour and a half. So I'd say I got pretty much a full body workout!! haha

I did my regularly scheduled eliptical workout this morning, but I think 2 days in a row was a little too much. I only made it 16 minutes before my legs were giving out on me. But 16 is better than none, right? :teeth:

Today was my home weigh in day...and I weighed 126.5, which is a 2 pound loss since last Monday. So my home total loss is now 18.5. Simply amazing to me. I know I'm eating what Nancy tells me to, but I keep expecting to have a week where I stay even. Today is 7 weeks since I started with Nancy.

Have a GREAT day all, and take care on the ice (for those of you in the North East like me! haha).

kimwim8 said:
OMG, Jen - first- WHY ARE YOU AWAKE AT SUCH AN UNGODLY HOUR??

second - YESSSSSS! I SAW IT!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!

first---i wasnt happy about it either! i went to bed right after greys and was WIDE awake from 4-530..then i took nyquil and went back to sleep til 10...

second-that was what i was thinking for pretty much all of the episode..

NOW............... :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo: :yay: :bounce:
AWESOME news on your home weigh in..just be careful you dont overdo it on the exercise--make sure you rest too--i read on another board shoveling can burn 540 calories...!

Blueeyes101817 said:
i read on another board shoveling can burn 540 calories...!

WOW!!! I like that number!!! haha

I wonder if my eliptical calculates the fat/calories burned correctly. I think it only tells me I burn 150 or so calories when I do a 20 minute stint on it. hmmmmm

I probably never set it up correctly in the beginning. haha

Blueeyes101817 said:
HI KIM!!!!!
i just wanted to tell ya to have a great valentines day :)

awww, you too, Jen! FEEL BETTER! :love:

Hey Kim!!!

I read your whole journal today....VERY inspiring! :thumbsup2 You have done such an amazing job! And 25 minutes on the elliptical is AWESOME! I used to do the elliptical when I went to the gym, it is TOUGH! You must be so proud of yourself!! :cheer2:

Are you still thinking of a doing a 5K? Which one were you contemplating? I'd love to do one of the Jersey Shore races...I think there are a few in September. I need to have some races (5Ks) under my belt before I hit the Disney Marathon in January.

Anyway, it was so sweet of you to take the time to check out my journal. I'm really glad I popped in here to check out yours! I'll be back...I promise :teeth: .

Oh....and about Grey's Anatomy....I just couldn't believe that episode. It really floored! Amazing show!

gotta catch up to your posting totals and i know you arent posting at 5:40! hahahahaha
have a great day...enjoy your new MP3 player and get up and exercising! :cool1:

Um, no I wasn't up at 5:30 posting on the DIS. That's CHEATING!!!

Anyway, yes I did do the eliptical with my brand-spanking new MP3 player that DH got me for V day!! :love: . And I made it 25 minutes. That darn thing is soooo cool!

I'm not feeling so hot (I think Jen's spreading germs to me through her posts) so I'm hoping to get to bed really early tonight.

Tomorrow is Nancy!!

:teeth: hey, cheating is cheating..and now i know ur probably sleeping and im posting again!
hope you are feeling better--ill talk to you soon!!!!

I love using my palm pilot to listen to music while I'm working out...it really helps!

Hope you're feeling better and good luck with Nancy! :)

Hey everyone! I'm feeling a little better today. I have tonsilitis (even though my tonsils were taken out when I was 3), and a bad case of hives that keeps coming back every couple of hours. So I'm on an antibiotic and steroids. Should be a fun weekend! haha

I wasn't able to go to Nancy yesterday, but I went today instead. I weighed 123!!! That's 4 pounds loss since last Thursday. And......20 pounds total!!!

Gotta dance for that one! :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :woohoo:

Whew, that's more of a workout than I've had the past few days!! haha

I haven't really eaten much the past few days. Yesterday was 5 saltines and some gatorade. But today I did eat a piece of toast this morning, and I just had maybe 1/2 cup of KFC mashed potatoes. I may try some scrambled eggs for dinner, since Nancy recommended I try to get some protien in (so my muscle tissue doesn't break up). So, ok, I'll try.

I'm guessing that next week's loss won't be that big, if at all, since I'll go back to eating the plan. But we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for checking in guys. I sooo appreciate the help!

Even though i just talked to you, i had to come post too (gotta keep my numbers going up!!)

:cool1: Congrats on 20 pounds total---you have been doing such a great job and i know that you have been working hard!

Im sure glad you enjoyed that KFC!!!! :rotfl2:

Have fun , enjoy the weekend--talk to you soon!

YESSSSSSSSSS you arent online yet, so you get alovely message (another point for me:)

hope you are enjoying your busy day today!!! well talk about greys anatomy when you finally see it!!!

hey slacker--3 posts in a row from me...on YOUR journal--something isnt right :)
Hope your day off was good and that you are feeling a ton better! hope to talk to you soon

Sorry guys! I know today is home weigh in day, but I was all thrown off with DH & Em being off today for the holiday. Me and Jake took off today too today, and we went to see Curious George. It was cute. No adult humor or anything, but it was cute and the kids cracked up. Very simple humor. haha

Well, I lost another 2 pounds from last Monday's home weigh in. I just can't wait to be done with this, so that I don't have to post my home/Nancy weigh ins anymore. haha

I did 30 minutes on the eliptical this morning. It wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, but I have been SORE ever since!! haha. I figured since I will only have 2 workout days within this week since I was sick, I should make them 2 good workouts!! haha. But we'll see what happens. I'm hoping for staying the same on Thursday, since I started eating again (no more saltines for me) haha.

I'll keep you all posted. Hope you're doing well!!

Youre doing good my dear! right now, i cant even imagine doing 30 minutes on my cardio cruiser--theres my new goal!

You have been doing such a great job and i know that you have been working hard--Im very proud of you!

Blueeyes101817 said:
Youre doing good my dear! right now, i cant even imagine doing 30 minutes on my cardio cruiser--theres my new goal!

You have been doing such a great job and i know that you have been working hard--Im very proud of you!

AWWWWWWWWWWW, thanks! :hug:

I seriously couldn't do it without your support~!!! :cheer2:

I'm just back from Nancy. Down 2 pounds from last Friday, so 121 on her scale. I'm really really happy with that, since I kind of expected to stay the same. And I only got in 2 workouts where I normally have 3 or 4 in a week.

But, I'll take it!!

I went through all my pants & tried them on last night. I have a bunch that I just shouldn't wear anymore b/c they are too baggy, and I have some that are borderline. I really don't wanna buy a bunch of clothes yet, until I decide I'm ready to stop losing & maintain a certain weight. I did buy 2 pairs of pants for $5.99 each yesterday at NY & Co. that will help hold me over. Gotta love a bargain ;) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter