"Late" check out for DVC members at BWV

mjlass11

Mouseketeer
I just stopped down at the check in/out desk to see if we could get an 12PM checkout instead of 11AM. The CM said it shouldn't be a problem but would call to see. When she hung up, she said that since we're in a "villa" there's no late check out. We stayed in Boardwalk Villas, not the Boardwalk Inn, so she knew that we were in a "Villa". Does this mean that because we're DVC members we can't get late checkout? Sure seemed suspicious to me......

Yup, that's what it means. There's no late check-out in time shares.
They've got to turn over the rooms as soon as possible, sure would be bothersome if we couldn't get into the rooms by 5 or 6 pm because everyone wanted to stay late...

Yup, that's what it means. There's no late check-out in time shares.
They've got to turn over the rooms as soon as possible, sure would be bothersome if we couldn't get into the rooms by 5 or 6 pm because everyone wanted to stay late...

Last time we were here we couldn't check in until 6pm anyway..... plus "mousekeeping" just came to our room at 9:50am assuming we had already checked out.....nothing like being pushed out......hope they're doing the same to those whom didn't spend $20,000 buy in and $1000 in annual fees!!!!!

See, they're trying to do their best to get the room ready for the next family so that they can get into their room on time.

See, they're trying to do their best to get the room ready for the next family so that they can get into their room on time.

this wing is almost empty.....don't think it's fair to be pushing out guests before their check out time JMOHP

someone else just came again to get us out..... nothing like feeling welcome "at home"

mjlass, sorry you had to wait until 6 pm to check-in on your last trip. Likely the person that had previously occupied the room the room either left late or left it in a mess.

As you can see most folks here have little sympathy for those wanting to leave late. There may appear to be "plenty" of empty room, but you don't know how many rooms may be needed for check-in today. Remember, this is the busiest DVC season, and Sunday is the busiest check-in day.

You purchased a timeshare, a substantial long-term savings over deluxe rooms. With those savings come some restrictions, as with all timeshares.

mjlass, sorry you had to wait until 6 pm to check-in on your last trip. Likely the person that had previously occupied the room the room either left late or left it in a mess.

As you can see most folks here have little sympathy for those wanting to leave late. There may appear to be "plenty" of empty room, but you don't know how many rooms may be needed for check-in today. Remember, this is the busiest DVC season, and Sunday is the busiest check-in day.

You purchased a timeshare, a substantial long-term savings over deluxe rooms. With those savings come some restrictions, as with all timeshares.

I just find it odd that people are so willing to defend DVC, when it seems that us as DVC members are treated to a lower standard than those paying cash. I
can understand not allowing checkout 3-4 hour or later checkouts, but an hour.....come on. Last time we tried checking in at 5PM and the room wasn't ready, and this time the CM was amazed that a room was ready at 3:30. I guess my expectations are just too high.

I just find it odd that people are so willing to defend DVC, when it seems that us as DVC members are treated to a lower standard than those paying cash. I
can understand not allowing checkout 3-4 hour or later checkouts, but an hour.....come on. Last time we tried checking in at 5PM and the room wasn't ready, and this time the CM was amazed that a room was ready at 3:30. I guess my expectations are just too high.

I don't know why someone would find it odd to follow the written rules of a timeshare they purchase. The rules were there when you signed the contract, it wasn't a pick 'n' choose type thing.

I'm OK with the 11 AM check out time, not defending anything. At Hilton GVC the check out time is 10AM. I found that hard. There are people here who always leave early and every so often they begin asking for the earlier check out for everyone so perhaps people can have the room earlier to check in. The earlier checkout wouldn't bother these people, so they wouldn't be affected. There are always so many sides to take.

No rule is going to make everyone happy. I think it should be a rule that is enforced, so many people feel they are the exception to rules.

Bobbi:goodvibes

A lot of people have posted previously that they book an extra day. This way they can stay to whatever time they like. Makes sense if you want a late checkout.

What's odd & treated to a lower standard by abiding by check-out time ?

I hear where you are coming from because " an hour " doesn't seem like asking for all that much but it sets Mousekeeping back by at least that much time if not more and where do they draw the line on allowing delayed check-outs - at 1 hour? and for 2, 6, 10 or how many guests ?

Many regular hotels, where typically they may have allowed bit more flexibility on check-out time, are now too even more rigidly adhering to check-out times so their housekeeping costs can be minimized & majority of rooms can be turned over in the most timely manner.

Mousekeepers will knock prior to 11am if there isn't Do Not Disturb sign and often they work as a team so the first one that knocked at your door I'm going to presume wasn't the same person who knocked the second time so put out DND not matter what.

It's unfortunate you've had experiences not getting into your villa util 5pm or later, it happens & it is annoying, and it is very likely that getting into your villa at these times was due to guests staying beyond 11am check-out time. And while most guests are very good about keeping their villas neat some only stop short of trashing the place so Mousekeeping often has a major task on their hands getting villas cleaned.

I don't know why someone would find it odd to follow the written rules of a timeshare they purchase. The rules were there when you signed the contract, it wasn't a pick 'n' choose type thing.

Ditto, Chuck. I know that we knew all about no late check-outs for DVC when we joined.

You should follow the rules and check out on time. If you feel you are getting better treatment as a "regular" room customer, then sell your membership and make your reservations thru CRO.

If you put the "do not disturb" tag out, it should stop the knocks.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Yes, good idea, Bobbi. And it does work! The first thing we always do on check-out day is put out the "do not disturb" tag. Then, when we leave, of course, we take in the DND tag. This helps let mousekeepers in the hall know that the room is now empty.

Yes, good idea, Bobbi. And it does work! The first thing we always do on check-out day is put out the "do not disturb" tag. Then, when we leave, of course, we take in the DND tag. This helps let mousekeepers in the hall know that the room is now empty.

We usually call housekeeping from the room as we are leaving to let them know the room is available to be cleaned.

The only thing that ticks me off about this is that I just read a post about people still in their room at 2:00 pm and telling their mousekeeper they'd leave "shen [they're] good and ready". So obviously these people stayed after 11:00. Yet, the polite people who asked for an hour were told "No". I must admit that I wish those rude people could somehow, very forcefullly, been given the message "NO!!"

Last time we were here we couldn't check in until 6pm anyway..... plus "mousekeeping" just came to our room at 9:50am assuming we had already checked out.....nothing like being pushed out......hope they're doing the same to those whom didn't spend $20,000 buy in and $1000 in annual fees!!!!!

The only thing that ticks me off about this is that I just read a post about people still in their room at 2:00 pm and telling their mousekeeper they'd leave "shen [they're] good and ready". So obviously these people stayed after 11:00. Yet, the polite people who asked for an hour were told "No". I must admit that I wish those rude people could somehow, very forcefullly, been given the message "NO!!"

I agree with you, Simba's Mom.

For those who wonder why they don't get into their rooms until after 4 pm, The thread Simba's Mom read is a perfect example why not!

The nerve of some people!

I would be happy to see the next member enhancement address consequences for those who overstay their welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter