Layoff part 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corporate McDs is a different animal then the francises. I believe if you work at a coprorate Macs their minimum is 10/hour. The franchises pay what they want. My DD worked at Macs in high school. It gave her a whole new look on the world. She was one of the few from the area that worked there most were bussed in from the intercity because in our white/economic privileged suburbs the kids didn't need/want to work They were paid minimum and many would work their shift at Macs and walk next door to taco bell nd work the next shift also for minimum wage. She made many friends and tried to help them get news jobs at Walmart/ Costco a few miles away but it was very hard to move jobs because of the lack of transportation. The owner of the franchise owns many Macs and is a multimillionaire. Can't help but feeling they make their millions on the backs of the working poor.

Sorry for the rant but it was eye opening for all of us and I think it should be out there.
Mcdonalds and any fastfood place was never meant to be a full time job. It was a job for kids in high school.

McDonalds actually has a nice career progression program for those who express interest/drive in doing that - especially considering there's virtually no skill/education entry point for the job. The issue is a massive number of the people working there just do it because of the low skill entry point and flexibility - not that they have career ambitions or any idea of that sort. Friend of mine had a passion, worked PT in high school, they assisted in college education bills thanks to employee scholarship programs, moved her way up to ast mgr, mgr, area manager, regional, etc and makes a 6 figure salary still working for McDonalds 20+ years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter