Least favorite Disney film

supernova

DIS Veteran
Naturally, we all have our favorites. So I'm curious to hear what your least favorite Disney film is and why.

For me, while there are worse films out there, I never cared for Bambi. It's a weak movie with a very weak story and no plot. None of my friends can tell me what the movie is about, aside from his mom getting shot by a hunter. Plus, there are no villains in the film, and you need a good antagonist to move a story along.

Come to think of it, outside of an elephant wanting to fly, I don't much know what Dumbo is about, either.

Anyone else?

The movies that I didn't really care for, I didn't give it a fair chance. I basically chose not to watch it. Movies like Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Cars 2 etc.

Least favorite out of the movies I've watched is probably a tie between Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Brave (Disney/Pixar).

Swore off Tangled, suffered through it on an international flight, and spent the rest of the flight kicking myself for watching it, even in fast forward.

Will not see Princess & the Frog or Brave. Haven't seen Home on the Range or Lilo & Stitch. I know I won't enjoy them.

Naturally, we all have our favorites. So I'm curious to hear what your least favorite Disney film is and why.

For me, while there are worse films out there, I never cared for Bambi. It's a weak movie with a very weak story and no plot. None of my friends can tell me what the movie is about, aside from his mom getting shot by a hunter. Plus, there are no villains in the film, and you need a good antagonist to move a story along.

Come to think of it, outside of an elephant wanting to fly, I don't much know what Dumbo is about, either.

Anyone else?

Dumbo wasn't about an elephant wanting to fly. He really didn't even want to fly. The movie was about a youngster that was different because of how he looks, but overcoming that by using a unique skill to become successful.

Bambi was about how humans are affecting life in the forest, from the hunters killing a young deer's mother to the forest fire started by the careless hunters.

I didn't really enjoy Bambi too much either, and didn't enjoy Pinnochio too much either.

Without a doubt it has to be Wall-E.

Not a huge fan of Sleeping Beauty and Snow White, but I think part of that is just due to the age of the films so I won't blame them for that.

Bambi was about how humans are affecting life in the forest, from the hunters killing a young deer's mother to the forest fire started by the careless hunters.

I didn't really enjoy Bambi too much either, and didn't enjoy Pinnochio too much either.

I haven't seen Bambi in decades. Literally. And I'm sure I only saw it once when it was rereleased in the theaters, and I was very young at that. So I don't remember if they ever actually depicted any humans or if it was only animals throughout the film. I would almost agree with you if the fire and Bambi's mom getting shot weren't two stand-alone instances in the film stuffed between Bambi trying to stand up on the ice. They really could have just called that movie "A Deer and his Friends" because that was the whole film.

I don't remember enjoying Pinocchio, either.

• Beauty and the Beast - Gaston was the reason I hated it... ><*
  • Fantasia - Bored me to death. -.- The sequel was a lot better!
  • Snow Dogs, Sorceror's Apprentice and most of Disney's live-action stuff
  • Lady and the Tramp

I didn't care for some live action movies such as John Carter, and some big tent movies they had.

Out of the ones I've actually seen, probably Brave. *Spoiler Alert* I just watched it and thought, "We've seen this before......oh yeah! Brother Bear! It's just mom and daughter instead of brothers now!" The trailer tells you nothing of what the movie is TRULY about. She never uses her bow for anything of importance...... Plus even in the end she isn't really embracing her supposed role in life yet Disney still made her a princess.

Princess and the Frog has grown on me. I like it a whole lot better now than the first time I watched it. Have LOVED Tangled from the very first time I watched it.

• Beauty and the Beast - Gaston was the reason I hated it... ><*

• Gaston was a character that I never viewed as a true villain, yet Disney insists on shoving him down our throat as one. A villain is the antagonist to the protagonist. He is not Belle's enemy.

Wall-E, The Incredibles, Monster U., Toy Story 2 & 3, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Meet the Robisons, Cars 2 and Planes to name a few..

Wall-E, The Incredibles, Monster U., Toy Story 2 & 3, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Meet the Robisons, Cars 2 and Planes to name a few..

To me, Meet the Robinsons felt like one of those films that was created by another studio and distributed by Disney.

Gaston was a character that I never viewed as a true villain, yet Disney insists on shoving him down our throat as one. A villain is the antagonist to the protagonist. He is not Belle's enemy.

Exactly! Had they made Gaston more bearable, I would've loved the movie.

supernova said:
Gaston was a character that I never viewed as a true villain, yet Disney insists on shoving him down our throat as one. A villain is the antagonist to the protagonist. He is not Belle's enemy.

Well technically he becomes the antagonist to the Beast, who's the other protagonist. The other thing that resonates with Gaston is that he's believable, as in people like him exist in real life, so it is very easy to call him a villain.

I haven't see Lilo and Stitch or Home on the Range either...just not interested in them at all. I also have no interest in Cars.

I liked Pocahontas as a child, but now that I understand more about all of the cultural implications of the movie....ugh. It just makes me cringe! I still love the music, though.

Well technically he becomes the antagonist to the Beast, who's the other protagonist. The other thing that resonates with Gaston is that he's believable, as in people like him exist in real life, so it is very easy to call him a villain.

He was vain, but that doesn't make him a villain. He was also trying to protect Belle from a perceived monster. He started a torch-and-pitchfork charge with the townspeople, a-la Frankenstein. But those afraid of the monster are hardly considered villains.

supernova said:
He was vain, but that doesn't make him a villain. He was also trying to protect Belle from a perceived monster. He started a torch-and-pitchfork charge with the townspeople, a-la Frankenstein. But those afraid of the monster are hardly considered villains.

He was a jerk who was gonna try to get Belle anyway he could. If any non-Disney studio does that movie with that cast and doesn't care about an R-Rating, I call Gaston tries to rape Belle. So, yes, knowing guys like him exist, I have no problem labeling him as a "villain."

I haven't see Lilo and Stitch or Home on the Range either...just not interested in them at all. I also have no interest in Cars.

I liked Pocahontas as a child, but now that I understand more about all of the cultural implications of the movie....ugh. It just makes me cringe! I still love the music, though.

So then I take it you haven't seen Stitch:The Movie, Lilo & Stitch 2:Stitch Has a Glitch, or even Leroy & Stitch? My friend you are missing out. Oh wait. No, you're not. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter