Least favorite Disney film

So then I take it you haven't seen Stitch:The Movie, Lilo & Stitch 2:Stitch Has a Glitch, or even Leroy & Stitch? My friend you are missing out. Oh wait. No, you're not. ;)
I accidentally watched Leroy and Stitch. That was worse that the Stitch ride

As a kid, I hated any of the girly movies, of course. Pocahontas more than the others. That remains one of my least favorite, as it still bores me to death. DW loves it.

But I think Brave was the worst I've seen. I've seen a lot of new ones with my nieces, and that was by far the worst. It was just boring. If you're not a mother or a daughter, I can't see relating to it at all.

DW and I were watching some classics to get pumped for our trip, and Dumbo was also pretty boring. It's a classic, but good God, we had to turn it off. Loved it when I was a kid, though.

But I think Brave was the worst I've seen. I've seen a lot of new ones with my nieces, and that was by far the worst. It was just boring. If you're not a mother or a daughter, I can't see relating to it at all.

Have not, and WILL not, ever see Brave. Looks as uninteresting as they come. Swing and a miss on Pixar's part with their venture into princess films. Stick to movies about toys and you'll be fine.

Speaking of Pixar, I found The Incredibles to be terribly boring. Every time it felt like it should have ended, it continued. There were three points where the movie could have stopped... mercifully... but didn't. Holy cow.

Have not, and WILL not, ever see Brave. Looks as uninteresting as they come. Swing and a miss on Pixar's part with their venture into princess films. Stick to movies about toys and you'll be fine.

Speaking of Pixar, I found The Incredibles to be terribly boring. Every time it felt like it should have ended, it continued. There were three points where the movie could have stopped... mercifully... but didn't. Holy cow.

That's one I've yet to see, and I hope I won't. I thought they were a bad choice for magic bands marketing, as well. There are countless other franchises owned by Disney. How many people think of The Incredibles when they hear Walt Disney World?

I won't lie though, the animation bothers me a lot, as well. I guess I'm just old school, but I miss the days when things were drawn, or at least looked that way. I'm not into the round odd computer graphics. It just looks goofy.

How can I choose one? I'll just rattle some off.

Mary Poppins- I found it just plain& boring. And I'm not onw for random bursting into song.
Bambi- No plot, just unenjoyable
Snow White- Snow White is my least favorite princess, and her voice gives me a headache.
Jungle Book- I don't know, I just find it boring. I'd rather
Be watching something nice like Cinderella
Lilo and Stitch- Am I the only one who thinks Lilo is just a little annoying? I don't like the storyline.

Shocked by some answers lol but I'll bite and say worst movie ever (and I'm 90% sure it's disney. If not than sorry lol) but worst movie ever Operation Dumbo Drop.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That's one I've yet to see, and I hope I won't. I thought they were a bad choice for magic bands marketing, as well. There are countless other franchises owned by Disney. How many people think of The Incredibles when they hear Walt Disney World?

I won't lie though, the animation bothers me a lot, as well. I guess I'm just old school, but I miss the days when things were drawn, or at least looked that way. I'm not into the round odd computer graphics. It just looks goofy.

Geez. Somehow your comments all made perfect sense to me. Thanks for the observations. As a purist, I too pine for the old hand drawn stuff. Iger released Princess & the Frog, and when it flopped, he used it as his justification for shutting down the animation department. "See? The world doesn't want hand drawn animation anymore." Sorry Bob, but there's a difference between not wanting hand drawn animation and not wanting an awful movie. Princess and the Frog was an awful movie. THAT'S why no one went. Simply throwing the word "princess" into a title doesn't make it an automatic hit, stupid.

As for The Incredibles, yep, odd choice for the (not one but) two boxes of Magic Bands I have set for my upcoming 6-day trip (wasting money much, Disney?). I still get those uncomfortable chills every time I walk through the Animation Building in DHS and see a Mrs. Incredible standing around back there for pictures.

I am only thinking of animated Disney movies here... there are plenty of live-action Disney movies I haven't seen because they don't interest me.

Certain Disney movies, I will have no interest in seeing, and yet, because it's Disney, I will. I remember feeling completely underwhelmed by many a Disney movie the first time I saw it.

And yet, because I have kids, I will be forced to watch the same movie over and over again. And it's amazing how much they've grown on me. Ones I remember thinking, "meh" the first time I saw them, like Jungle Book, Dumbo, and Brave, while not favorites, are definitely enjoyed. I find some of the older movies (Snow White and Bambi especially), to be a little boring, but I don't mind watching them.

That being said, I own all the movies . . . but two I can't bring myself to buy are Pocahontas and Hunchback of Notre Dame. I didn't hate them. I just don't want to see them again.

Hmm I don't have hunchback or pocahontas either haha... I hate the sequel movies with the exception of the Toy Story movies. Cars 2 was meh... Planes... Meh... Lots of them are "just ok" to me. But ones I actively do not like are Snow White, Pinocchio, and Bambi. Never seen LILO and stitch bc I think I will hate them. Haha

Pinnochio was creepy for a kid's movie; same for Dumbo (not to mention the black crow minstrel named Jim Crow... Seriously?). I don't get the hype behind Lilo & Stitch, but I don't get the hate either.

I don't hate A Bug's Life, but I have never been able to sit through it. Generally the Pixar movies are my favorite. I didn't feel very strongly about Nemo the first time I saw it, but that's changed now that I have a son.

I'm sorry. If you don't like the Incredibles then we can't be friends. What don't you like about it? The story of a man who would do anything for his family or the themes of individuality and excellence in a world set on rewarding mediocrity?

Pinnochio was creepy for a kid's movie; same for Dumbo (not to mention the black crow minstrel named Jim Crow... Seriously?).

Were either of these actually intended as kids movies at the time? I thought during this time period (40s), it was really more 'general release'.

Not counting direct to video sequels (I only consider it a "Disney film" if it went to theaters, which is good because most of the direct to video are awful) the only Disney movie I really didn't like was Hunchback.

Fantasia! :crazy2:

Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 are definitely an acquired taste. I grew up listening to classical music so I appreciated that one bc of the creativity involved with it. There are parts of both I absolutely love and parts I can't stand... Like the dinosaur scene... Blech...

To be honest, I really don't like the Black Cauldron. It's boring and too dark. And boring. And the animation is crap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter