Leaving Soon & Live reports, cruise updates pg19

Great photos, Wayne!!! :worship: The Castaway Cay photos are beautiful and goodness knows my foodie pics never look so appetising! ;) I'm really rather keen to order the beef wellington... :cloud9:

Anyway, you've made me so excited for our upcoming cruise - thankfully I haven't got to wait too long...

A great thread with lovely pics - I'm sorry it's coming to the final stages. Thanks for taking the time to record and post. I think many of us really feel like we've 'shared' this holiday with you :goodvibes.

Best wishes to Karen for a speedy return to full mobility :)

IMG_1846Medium.jpg

IMG_1806Medium.jpg

IMG_1823Medium.jpg

Some great pics as usual.

How close are you allowed to get to the Pirate Ship?

Great T-shirt Wayne - very appropriate for a beach day :thumbsup2

Am I the only wondering "What the heck is Mickey doing in this pic?"
He looks like I used to when I was about 10 years old an playing at war with my imaginary machine gun.

Great report on the your cruise Wayne. It's certainly given me an appetite for it. Also good that you gave totally honest opinions on everything. Somethng that is obviously very important for those of us considering giving it a go.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Now get off the computer and go and give Karen a rest from cleaning the windows, jet washing the drive way and painting the fence. She's got a bad back you know! :thumbsup2

How close are you allowed to get to the Pirate Ship?

Great T-shirt Wayne - very appropriate for a beach day :thumbsup2

He looks like I used to when I was about 10 years old an playing at war with my imaginary machine gun.
You can see from the pic you re-posted thats the closest you can get from land, about same distance as from the ship. I believe closest you can get is if you rent a jetski or other watercraft but even then there will be a distance you have to keep.

I love this T-shirt, had it years so I just use it for swimming days now. It should go in the bin but I like it too much.

My fault taking Mickey in a bad pose, not easy getting 3 characters while dancing(them not me:lmao:)

Now get off the computer and go and give Karen a rest from cleaning the windows, jet washing the drive way and painting the fence. She's got a bad back you know! :thumbsup2

I am working, I am sure this afternoon she will have a long list of jobs for me. She is bored stiff off work. She is even going with me to the bank and post office this afternoon because she wants to get out.

Thanks Wayne - it's been a really enjoyable read. It would love to cruise but DH is not convinced. I'll have to sit him down with this thread :)

Hope Karen is feeling better soon

Hi Wayne, Glad u had a great time, did u find that staying on property and doing a Disney cruise u were a bit Disney'd (is that a word ) out. I think i would have been.

Hi Wayne, Glad u had a great time, did u find that staying on property and doing a Disney cruise u were a bit Disney'd (is that a word ) out. I think i would have been.

Staying at OKW felt no different to staying offsite, same with eating apart from character meals its just like dining offsite, whilst Disney is always there in the background its not in your face. The cruise side of it yes its Disney everywhere you look but could still spend a month onboard (one lady this time did, Dawn, she did 4 back to backs)
Although didn't feel Disney'd out we did miss eating at places like Chilis, Mannys, Logans etc. the free DDP (with 42% disc) was great value but its time consuming. When we eat offsite we have time to goto Old Town, Celebration or shopping etc, by the time we had eaten onsite it was a little late to be going offsite.
If the same deal comes back for next Aug we will probably do the max 21 nights at either OKW or SSR + 4 nights offsite, if not its back to offsite the whole 25 nights, will enjoy either just as much.

Just caught up on this thread. Really good to read through and see all the pics :thumbsup2
Glad the OKW/DDP worked well for you all - looking forward to that in about 7 weeks :cool1:

Absolutely loved every minute of this post. Your photos are brilliant and makes me wish we were going back next year. The cruise looks so good and would be a nice change for us. Sons are both teenagers now and feeling a bit Disneyed out and although they love Universal, they fancy a change.

Know how Karen feels being bored. I'm just starting my second week off work with a bad back and still waiting for physio. So fed up on Monday, went to Chiropractic College here in Bournemouth. Took 2/12 hrs for initial assessment to be told I have a twisted pelvis which is making muscles go into spasm. And making one leg 1 inch shorter!!
Back yesterday and they manipulated it to correct place within minutes. Still have to keep going as the muscles need sorting out but best money I've spent. Luckily it's a teaching hospital and on the plus side my legs now match! :) On the minus side, I have to do exercises :headache:

Hope Karen gets sorted out soon.

Hi wayne, found out about this thread from the dibb, and have just read it all.

it sounds as if you had an amazing time, some fab photos.

we left the same day as you but toured round florida (started at Miami) before going on our first 7 night RCCL western cruise out of Port Canaverel, then back down to miami to fly home. it was a great time but we preferred the dry land part to the cruise, partly because the food was never hot on board and we felt a little hemmed in. Disney was about twice the price so i don't think we'll be doing a disney cruise anytime soon.

we didn't get your bargain flights, unfortunately, so econ for us, (paid same as you for direct flights) but we go back to OKW Oct half term for 6 nights free dining b4 a couple of nights offsite, indirect with AA via Miami, so it's not all bad!

it was interesting to read your views as it will be our first time onsite, lured by the free dining, which was a great deal. we shall see how it all goes, but I suspect next aug we'll be back offsite again enjoying our favs like Cracker barrel, Cheesecake factory, Bahama Breeze, Cali pizza kitchen, red lobster.....the list just goes on and on. With offsite being "2 for 1" effectively, and 5* accom to be had for $69 per night plus tax, or 3* for £25-30pn, it's a bit of a no brainer for us, but we shall see.

now looking for flights, but nada nada nada at the mo' Could be a long wait!

Hope Karen gets sorted out soon.
Me too:) Will see what doc has to say on Tuesday.
Good luck with yours.:goodvibes

Hi wayne, found out about this thread from the dibb, and have just read it all.

we left the same day as you but toured round florida (started at Miami) before going on our first 7 night RCCL western cruise out of Port Canaverel, then back down to miami to fly home. it was a great time but we preferred the dry land part to the cruise, partly because the food was never hot on board and we felt a little hemmed in. Disney was about twice the price so i don't think we'll be doing a disney cruise anytime soon.

we didn't get your bargain flights, unfortunately, so econ for us, (paid same as you for direct flights) but we go back to OKW Oct half term for 6 nights free dining b4 a couple of nights offsite, indirect with AA via Miami, so it's not all bad!

it was interesting to read your views as it will be our first time onsite, lured by the free dining, which was a great deal. we shall see how it all goes, but I suspect next aug we'll be back offsite again enjoying our favs like Cracker barrel, Cheesecake factory, Bahama Breeze, Cali pizza kitchen, red lobster.....the list just goes on and on. With offsite being "2 for 1" effectively, and 5* accom to be had for $69 per night plus tax, or 3* for £25-30pn, it's a bit of a no brainer for us, but we shall see.

You would make a good detective:rotfl2:
Disney can sometimes be similar pricing to RCCL but other times (usually school hols) they can be upto 3 times the cost. Although I think Disney is worth paying a little more for sometimes they are way OTT, I won't be paying next Augusts prices.
We have no plans for next trip (usually have 2 in the planning) but I keep looking at Oct half term flights, prices are crazy this year, only paid £240 last Oct.

I keep looking at the figures and comparing onsite and offsite, free parking onsite, free internet offsite, Slightly enjoy offsite more, free DDP onsite. So many for and against both options. For now the OKW/SSR offer is not there so easy choice but if it comes back I need to decide.

we paid a little more for our Oct flights than would normally like...about £330 pp (could have got 300) but it was worth the extra £100 or so for the routing/timings....we get to orlando at 5pm....glad we booked when we did in May....next Oct we're hoping for a freebie with our Tesco clubcard vouchers...been saving for 2+ years!...will see what extras the postie brings in Nov then decide!:)

Staying at OKW felt no different to staying offsite, same with eating apart from character meals its just like dining offsite, whilst Disney is always there in the background its not in your face. The cruise side of it yes its Disney everywhere you look but could still spend a month onboard (one lady this time did, Dawn, she did 4 back to backs)
Although didn't feel Disney'd out we did miss eating at places like Chilis, Mannys, Logans etc. the free DDP (with 42% disc) was great value but its time consuming. When we eat offsite we have time to goto Old Town, Celebration or shopping etc, by the time we had eaten onsite it was a little late to be going offsite.
If the same deal comes back for next Aug we will probably do the max 21 nights at either OKW or SSR + 4 nights offsite, if not its back to offsite the whole 25 nights, will enjoy either just as much.

when i had to cancel our free dining trip (we would have been there right now) DD was upset that we might not be able to get free dining in february (if we manage to go then).
but after reminding her how much we enjoyed sweet tomatoes and other area restaurants, she agreed it would be great even if we didn't get free dining!

Really enjoyed hearing about your trip. Thanks for posting it. You are such a helpful guy it is nice to 'see' you at last! Can't decide whether to do onsite with free DDP next year, or to stay offsite. Also very tempted by a cruise, didn't realise the food would be so good! Decisions, decisions...!

Michelle

Some great pics as usual.

Air guitar???!

Love the photo's. It looks amazing!

Jules x

Just had a look of pics from our final 2 days, no food pics, we just ate at CS in the parks, Sweet Toms & Mimis(same food as last trip, nothing new)

After cruise we checked into Regal Sun DTD posted pics in hotel thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1894622&page=8 went to Epcot in the evening, had strange light.

IMG_1922Medium.jpg

IMG_1932Medium.jpg

IMG_1926Medium.jpg

P1010681Medium.jpg

P1010679Medium.jpg

Last day finished off in MK, as always.

IMG_1953Medium.jpg

No idea what I was doing here, I remember it was some kind of dance but no idea why:confused3
P1010704Medium.jpg

Not right having MK trimmed for Halloween in August.
P1010728Medium.jpg

P1010738Medium.jpg

After MK, boat across to Poly for our last Dole whip, biggest of the holiday:thumbsup2
P1010765Medium.jpg

End of another great holiday. Thank you all for reading, following our trip and the comments. Hope its helped some of you plan you own trips:)

Thanks for posting Wayne. It must have taken a little bit of time away from your holidays to go to the trouble, so I for one really appreciate what you have done here.
As for planning future trips your report has certainly made me start to consider fitting a cruise in somewhere - maybe for next October - but I still have to try and convince DW about that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter