Lesli's Live Long and Strong WISH Journal

Ah renovating!!! It can be a crazy stressful time, but it sounds like the end result will be worth it. Hang in there!! :sunny:

Wonderful news about your arm!! Sounds like you're continuing to work really, really hard. Way to go! :thumbsup2

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :goodvibes

Yay Lesli :cheer2: Yay Lesli :cheer2:
Your doing great. I am still in awe fo your ability to eat decently when you are stressed and there is peer pressure(choosing popcorn over icecream :thumbsup2 ). Have a great day! :grouphug:

The last few days have been a bit bingeful.

Saturday, we went to my childhood home town (and my mom's) since they were doing an 160 year celebration. Everyone but DH went (he had to ref a game). We also took along one of DD16's friends who happens to be visiting from Sweden since our town's heritage is Swedish and we thought he might enjoy some reminescence of home. It was a fun time for everyone and I walked and walked. I think I counted about 195 minutes of good walking. Talk about tired by the day's end. The problem was that I didn't drink near enough water. Food for that day wasn't too bad, I think. Breakfast was some kind of cereal, Lunch was a turkey & provolone on rye, w/chips, Supper was a bacon cheeseburger and a few fries. But there were a few pieces of candy and who remembers what else.

Sunday, we had a family reunion. Actually, it was pretty easy to do good at that since everyone brought chicken and very little salads or deserts. I had a few slices of white meat chicken (kind of like a rotisserie chicken), some chicken noodles, a macoroni salad, cantaloupe, and a piece of spice cake. Oh, yeah, breakfast was some kind of cereal. Supper was taco salad/dip and chips. I know I had too many mini cupcakes in the evening, there may have been potato chips, Swedish candy bar, and I am not sure what else.

Yesterday. Breakfast was 1 fried egg, 7 grain toast, & 1 c grapefruit juice. Lunch was tuna fish, then I had 1 piece pizza. Supper was a hamburger and some fries. Throughout the day I had too too many mini cupcakes, cookies, chips, PB crackers, and just about anything that didn't move. Then late, instead of going to bed because I was tired, I ate a whole bag of popcorn.

Water has been horrible all days.

Then yesterday was the bitter sweet news.......my PT therapist for my legs told me that Friday would probably be the last day. I am kind of excited, but scared. Sad that I am not personally working with him on my last day. And very unsure where that leaves me. To clarify: I have been going to PT for almost 5 months and it has become so much a part of my life that I don't know what to do without it. My PT says "have a life" :teeth: Now it is solely my responsibility to gain more strength and range of motion which means I have to set up a good program here at home. One were I can't fail or "forget" about due to time constraints. I also feel like I am leaving behind a part of me. He did such a wonderful job in teaching me to walk again, to get up and down stairs, and to just be able to function in my life again. It is almost like leaving a family member. :sad: :sad:

I also came to another realization yesterday......learning my new "norms". My mind still tells me that I can clean up the kitchen in a few hours top to bottom. My body says different. I did start, but it took so long just to get one area done (and that means leaving and going back 3 times). It didn't really wear me out, which is good, but I don't move as fast on my feet or with my arm, which in time will change, but because it took longer, I got bored so I would go do something else and come back. At this rate, I should have the entire kitchen done in 5 days! :rotfl2: It is not a bad thing if people help me keep up with it, but it is something to adjust to for the moment. Now I see why DH mentioned that I am no longer able to work our dollar store. I thought I could and held it in the back of my mind to do after the bookwork was caught up and I had more energy, but I don't think it will happen that soon. I tried setting a shelf a few weeks ago, and it takes me quite along time. OH well. Adjusting is awkward at times.

New problem. I have gained 2 lbs. Part is the junky eating, part is the lack of water, and part is the lack of exercise, other than getting my leg and arm stretched out. I think that without therapy, it is time to really focus on my weight again. Better eating and more exercise, besides I need to continue my strength building.

Today's food:
Breakfast: 1 c frosted mini wheats, 1 c fruit loops, 1 crisp bread w/ lingonberry jam
AM snack: 1 tbsp PB (of course this was all before I weighed myself and I was still looking for munchies afterwards)
Lunch: LC orange chicken
PM snack: crackers & havarti cheese
Supper: maybe some potato soup or whatever I find in the freezer

Goals for the day:
1. 60 oz water
2. no binging

Well, that is life in a nutshell lately. I better get going as I have much work to do. Everyone have a great day! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Thanks for the update!! :grouphug: for mourning the end of your legs therapy with such a great guy. I can see why that would be bitter sweet. Try to focus on the fact that you've done so incredibly well and have worked so hard. I really believe that you'll figure out a routine of doing the exercises yourself. You don't want to stop now after working so hard.

Sounds like you had a really fun weekend (and had some delicious food!). Don't worry about the weight gain. I could really sense in your post how you have that determination to get back to losing and drinking that water. I hear you on the water problem!! I've been at this healthy lifestyle for 3 months and it's still be biggest battle.

I hope you have a great week!

Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun! I may have to come by and swipe that lingonberry jam!

I can't believe that PT is coming to an end either. It's a very bittersweet thing, and I know you will miss the people you worked with very much. You bond with people in that type of situation, and it's amazing how attached you become to them.

I think now is a good time to begin focusing on your weight again--luckily the same exercise that will help you regain range of motion and stamina will also help keep weight under control. Plus, I think getting back to working on your weight is one more step back toward "normal".

I hope today is a great day for you! Hopefully we see the :sunny: soon!

Tuesday night, I made a fresh batch of potato soup and ate 2 bowls for supper. Too much, but very good. :teeth:

Yesterday was busy busy. Breakfast was 1 egg omelet w/cheese, 7 grain toast, and 1 c grapefruit juice. Oh, and a few drinks of hot tea (forgot about it then had to run).

DH and I did errands yesterday morning, trying to get the rest of the house under way before the weather gets too cold. I had 3 tacos and some sierra mist from Taco Bell for lunch.

Then I took my new ladder.....we found a really nice heavy duty step ladder that I can use given my limitations with the knee bend, that has wider treads and a platform to stand on, with a support bar that raises quite high so that I can climb easier AND it has wide place to put paint and all the necessary tools when working........all I was looking for was something I could use to get to the top cupboards since I can't get up on a chair well.........but this is even more multi-purpose :goodvibes ........Anyway, I took my new ladder and started puttying nail holes where the window trim was replaced. It felt good to do something normal.

Supper was marinated chicken on the grill, rice, and gr beans. That is 2 dinners in a row that I made, wow, life is coming back! Then of course, I had popcorn late, and a few Oreos, plus a few other things during the day. :confused3

Despite all that (don't ask me how), I am down 2 lbs! So I am at least moving back down the scale towards my ticker. That is a good thing.

This morning, we hit another snag........our painter came back to get started on doing the top coat, but started with repriming the new wood around the windows. I was going to do that for him, but it is a good thing he did it since we have to remove all the caulk that they just put on around the window. It isn't paintable. I know I asked about that at one time and the guys said it would be ok.....NOT. So know we are paying the painter EXTRA to sand it all off. Thank God they didn't get to all the window yet. I will be glad when this house project is done. You know, maybe there are higher forces telling us that we just need to pay for things and quite doing them ourselves. :rolleyes1

Oh the good news.......I hope. The school super called me on the job offer for treasurer. He did a phone interview making sure that I understood what the job entailed as he thought some people thought the job was more than it is. Such as, it is full time as in 12 months of work, but not full time as in 40 hours a week, flexible with certain times of the month being set, and needing to be on call here and there for certain things. Actually this works out great for me since I can still do much of my work from home and be available most of the time still for my family. I am not ready for a 9-5 everyday anyway. I love working from home and being "on location" so to speak as needed. So next week I will have an interview with him and hopefully, all goes well.

Food for today:
Breakfast - 2 c fruit Loops and milk
AM snack - 1 rye crisp bread w/ lingonberry jam, maybe some havarti
Lunch - potato soup
PM snack - banana
Supper - thinking about making chili, or maybe I will just check out the freezer.

Goals for the day:
1. Water - 60 oz (I have been horrible with this)
2. Exercise for 30 minutes besides stretching
3. Go to bed by 10:30

I better get going. That was enough of what happened lately. Everyone have a great day! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Good morning, Lesli!

Potato Soup sounds so tasty. It's just the right time of year for it, too.

Another snag with the windows--ugh! At least there seems to be a decent solution for this one. You'll have to post a picture or two when it's all done--I'm sure it will be beautiful (once it's all finally, finally done!).

I'm so exicted for the treasurer position! That sounds like it would be such a good fit for you! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you! :wizard:

Have a wonderful day!

Thursday went pretty well. I managed to stick to the food plan for the most part. I did add havarti and crackers to my AM snack since I was so hungry and trying to ignore it was starting to get me in trouble. Lunch was right on. PM snack? Don't remember, but it wasn't a banana. Then for supper we grabbed Pizza Hut since I didn't want anyone to stop long with the house project. I had 3 pieces and could have more than stopped at 2 but I at the first one too quickly. Plus some cookies and something else I am sure here and there. Water wasn't bad but not were it should be. Exercise for the day consisted of cleaning the house and getting things in order around here, which kept me busy most of the day. I am still having a problem concentrating on one room at a time, but at least things are getting better all the way around and my house is starting to resemble me again. The 7 months of chaos is starting to disappear! :banana: Of course, I got so into getting things back to normal and was feeling so good about it that I couldn't sleep and ended up being up late working on things. Figures doesn't it?

The great thing? They started putting the color on the house Thursday! What a change, but it is finally coming all together.

Even better? I woke up yesterday to another 1 lb down! :cheer2: Even after the pizza which is surprizing, so now I am finally on my way towards my Sept goal of 5lbs. We had to take DS to the Dr and I stepped on their scale to double check mine and it is pretty much right on which makes me feel better knowing I have a working scale. ;)

Breakfast was 1 egg omelet w/cheese, 1/2 slice 7 grain toast w/jelly, 1 c grapefruit juice, some hot tea. Lunch was a qtr lbr w/cheese, fries, and some ice tea. We were hoping for Chinese, but had too many errands to stop. PM snack was 2 Oreos. Supper was DQ. I had 4 chicken strips w/gravy, some fries and most of my texas toast, no ice cream! :goodvibes It didn't even tempt me. I was so full from dinner and I had eaten heavy all day and didn't really feel like adding to that feeling. There might have been some thing else, but I am not sure.

Yesterday was a run around day. DS missed his first field trip because I just had to get him into the Dr. He wasn't sounding good and it turns out he has Bronchitis. Then ran some other errands. Back home, turn around for PT. I almost cried, but held it together. My therapist told me he was proud to have the opportunity to work with me. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: He was pleased by my hard work and determination. Of course, I told him that I was coming back to him when they redo the knee down the road. And, I will check back from time to time to keep them updated on my progress. Then we were off house hunting for my DMom. Talk about exhausted by the end of the day!

The house is looking good. Can't wait to see the trim color on. I am debating about ordering the shutters and getting them on or waiting til spring.

This morning, I woke up to a .5 lb loss! :banana: It must be the extra activity I am doing because the food hasn't been great, although the portions have been good. At any rate, I will take what I can get.

Food for the day:
Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg w/cheese (tried the omelet thing and I had too much cheese so it was a mess), 1 slice 7 grain toast w/jelly, 1 c grapefruit juice, 1 c hot tea.
AM snack - banana
Lunch - either a brat from the cookout or ? (depends on if I am shopping)
PM snack - 1 rye crisp bread, lingonberries, havarti
Supper - Freezer choice? Grill? Order out? Fend for yourself? I just don't know! :confused3

Goals for the day:
1. Water 60 oz
2. Exercise 30 min
3. Keep on cleaning, organizing, dejunking, or whatever you call it I am doing.

I had planned to go do some shopping for supplies: paint, primer, screening, etc. and look for a few clothes for my interview. But.......DD16 is taking her sweet time this morning and I am already out of the mood. I had planned to leave by now. Then of course, my DMom wants to go this afternoon, but I didn't really want to go that late since I wanted to work on things later. Time for me to start driving again. :rolleyes1

So that is the last few days for me......1.5 lbs down! :cool1: Better get going. Lot's to do. Everyone have a great weekend! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Wow, you've been so busy!! Honestly I don't quite now how you do it, while still having time to lose weight! Congratulations on the weightloss!! :goodvibes You're on a roll! Hope you can have some time for yourself this weekend.

Congrats! It's great to see those numbers going down again! :thumbsup2

I'm tired just reading about all you've been up to. At least it keeps you active! I hope you're able to get everything you need done today.

Have a great weekend!

Where do I begin? I don't think I can even begin to figure out what I ate. I think supper for Saturday was a fend for yourself. Anyway, I managed to get alot done and cleaned/organized my entire office. It is now ready to be painted (since I can manage to get to windows and walls ;) ). It feels so good though to have everything in a place where I can see what needs to be done. A great sense of accomplishment after 7 months.

Sunday?......I had a porkchop sandwich for lunch and some chips. Don't remember breakfast. Supper was a steak and salad. Most of the munchies were fairly controlled. Water all these days has been horrible. Looked at houses with my mom and then I played around with my genealogy. Something I haven't really done in 7 months. Just too tired to think of work and I wanted to have some enjoyment.

Monday? Oh yeah! We went to see the doctor for my legs and he says that I am good to go and released me. He doesn't expect me to get more bend, but I would like to try, although I can function. Basically, I don't need to come back until I have pain in the knee or things get to where I can't really do much because of problems with the knee, then he will do a knee replacement, but he hopes that it will last me the rest of my life. So it is sad that I can't ride a bike, but at least I have my life and I will figure out ways to do other things I can't do now. Also, he released me to drive. Cool. :banana: Breakfast was cereal, then a sausage biscuit at McD's. Lunch was french onion soup, a french baguette, and iced tea at Panera's. supper was 2 tacos. I know I munched on a few nuts and I don't know what else. DMom had to leave on short notice to see my aunt. We did the Open house thing at school and I don't know what else.

Today? Breakfast was 1 egg omelet w/cheese, 1 slice 7 grain toast w/jelly, ham, hot tea, 1 c grapefruit juice. I drove my son to school for the first time, today (DH was with just in case)! It was great and I was glad to have a sense of normalcy. A little strange but normal. Had to work the dollar store this morning, then left quickly to get DD19 from college since she isn't feeling well so she is home for a few days. I ate a banana and cereal bar on the way for lunch. On the way back we grabbed some lunch and I had a bacon cheeseburger, a few fries and part of my sprite. I drove along the interstate for about 30-40 minutes on the way home and that was about all I could do. It made me a bit tired, but I think that was from all the mental stress and not driving for so long. DH thinks I did well given the fact that it has been 7 months. He is just beaming with pride. :woohoo: Supper was potato soup, had a few M&M's, just had a bowl of cereal. I did get a little bookwork done and I should get to bed so I can finish it in the morning before I go work the dollar store again. So much to do and so much chaos going on at the same time.

Well, at least the house is painted! They finished today and it looks great! Now I just have to get to those windows from the inside before it turns winter.

Talk to you all later. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Woohoo the house is done!!! I know I always love when renovations are finished and things are back in place. Enjoy the order again!! :)

Great doctor's appointment! Must be great to drive again. You've been working so hard. You should be very proud of yourself.

Keep up the great work and have a great couple of weeks!

I'm back! I did try to post a few days ago, but the boards were down, then when I did get on, my computer froze in the middle of my post. Oh well, we shall try again.

Quick updates -
9/20-23 - Things were very hectic around here. DMom informed me that she wasn't going to be back since my aunt is not doing well at all. So, that left me working in a store that I haven't worked in a long time and kind of going crazy trying to figure out what was going on. Needless to say the stress was on. Then to top it off, DD19 came down with an extremely sore throat and slight fever. I did manage to get her to the dr. over the weekend for antibiotics. DS started feeling better and finishe up his meds. I did go into a store by myself though while DD19 was getting a hair cut. It was really strange to shop without someone around. Kind of normal. Plus there were 50 million other things we ran around to get done. Food was not great and neither was water. Needless to say, my exercising was horrible as I had no time and working part days along with stress pretty much made me exhausted.

9/24-9/30 - DD9 had her birthday. It is strange to think that she is so old. Took DD19 back to college. Worked at the store again, but this week was a bit easier since we were able to get in some temporary help to cut down on the days I need to be there. Amazingly, I was able to get alot done at home, although the stress levels were still high. Food was horrible and I think I have eaten anything that isn't tied down. Water is bad. Exercise is non existent and I am really feeling the difference, which is not good. I actually ran errands by myself in the next town over. It was kind of cool and very normal. Went shopping for clothes and homecoming shoes for DD16. Watched the homecoming parade and then had an early pre-game dinner with DH's family, although he wasn't there since he was picking up DD19. Who by the way hates her RA job and realizes how much she misses ROTC and is thinking strongly about going back. Decorated Friday night for the birthday party. Saturday, I ran around like a crazy woman, got two cakes decorated and somehow pulled off a party for DD9 and DS, his birthday is this coming week. DMom came down to celebrate with us and to pack her things for the trip back. :sad2: Oh, amazingly, my house is coming back together little by little after being in chaos for 7 months. WOW! DD16 went to the homecoming dance and had a great time.

Yesterday -
We were so tired from the last few weeks that we didn't make it too church. Thankfully, our extra duties were done last Sunday. Breakfast was 1 fried egg and 1 english muffin. Finally everyone managed to get going and we went to Build-a-bear, which just opened. The kids have been wanting to go and they had so much fun. DD9 made a pink poodle with all the princess trimmings. DS made a huskie with a Chicago Bears outfit, of course DH loves that one. DD16 bought a few things for her animal she already had. DD19 wants one when they come out with the right animal. Hey, I think even I would like one. ;) Lunch was 2 tacos and a couple potatoes ole. Back home, everyone quickly got things packed to go home. DMom left and it was pretty sad. Then I had to take DD19 to the bus so she could get home. Picked up the last two windows that were reordered, but the guy forgot to order the divided lights for it, so it still isn't over. Supper was anything and everything. I had popcorn, peanuts, candy, cereal, you name it.

Today -
The day started out good. But now I just got a call from DD19 and she has mono. This year for our family is something else.

Breakfast - 1 egg omelet w/ mushrooms & cheese, ham, 1/2 c hot tea
AM snack - yogurt
Lunch - tuna wrap and some fruit
PM snack - banana smoothie or cheese & crackers
Supper - ????????? I am supposed to do CPR tonight so I will be missing dinner.

Goals for the day:
1. Try to keep the stress level down
2. Stick to the food plan
3. 60 oz water
4. 30 min exercise (at least stretching)
5. Go to bed by 10:30

I know it is alot, but I need to turn this ship around before I run aground.

Everyone have a great day! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Wow - sounds like you have A LOT going on in your life right now. I hope you're able to reduce your stress level. Your family is fortunate to have you in their lives - so willing to offer a helping hand. Hope you can have some fun this weekend!

How are things, Lesli??? I've been MIA as well, but when you're MIA, it kind of makes me nervous!!

Hope DD is better and things are calming down!

I didn't want you to slip off page 1 :thumbsup2

Oh where do I begin? Well, the good news is that I am back and ready to get back to losing weight and taking care of me. I really miss it and I am tired of being tired and drug out.

So, updates.......for the most part, I have been doing well. Everyday I am getting stronger and when I can get some real rest and proper nurishment, I feel great, move better, and have good days. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case. I really do need to get back to exercising as that would help me emmensely and I think the healing would go faster.

Weight wise, I have gained back about 20 lbs of the 42 that I had lost. And all in record time. Now why can't we lose it as quickly?

Why all the stress? Two reasons. DD19 and the dollar store. We have been working on closing the store and unfortunately, it is taking longer to sell of the inventory than we had originally hoped for. Now we will be open at least a few weeks into the new year. Some days, I am glad that it is going to be done, other days I am sad and hate to see it go, then other days I feel like I didn't give it much of a chance. But who would have anticipated the accident happening and putting me out of commission for so long? To top it off, we got word about month or so ago that our main supplier is going out of business. I'm thinking that we were meant to do something else. What do you think?

Now for DD19. Have you got 5 days to read the story?:confused3 Things with her went from bad to worse. She eventually got over the mono. But that coupled with some depression over a situation at school put her behind in her classes to the point where even catching up would drastically lower her GPA. So she withdrew for the semester to preserve her GPA and came home just after Halloween. At first she tried to lapse into depression around her, but I tried to keep her busy enough so that she could learn to move on with life. I have to say that she did help me get parts of the house caught up and now I am feeling like most of my house is back to normal. Then we insisted that she get a job, might as well work for the 3 months that she was going to be home. She did and she loves it. Planned to transfer the job down to her college town. Of course, during all this time, we are trying to figure out what she is going to do come the next semester. She wanted to transfer colleges, now she doesn't (after being accepted to another, of course). She wanted to go back to ROTC, now she doesn't, but she might, who knows. She doesn't want to be an RA, but she might consider it. Are we seeing contradiction and confusion here? About a week and a half before Christmas, she decides to stay out all night and finally calls at 2pm the next day. Very much out of character, so I had the police looking for her. She bought a new car (used, with money she saved), so we didn't know if something went wrong there, or she was hurt, or God knows what. Of course, we didn't approve of the not coming home and she says that she can take care of herself and we don't need to worry about her then moves out. We didn't know for a week where she was. Come to find out, she is living with a new boyfriend that she had met a few weeks prior. DH and I met her before Christmas to work things out and hopefully bring her home. After a very emotional conversation and very contradictory on her part, she says she will be home in a few days. She brings the boyfriend by on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. No problem with him that we can see, but I still don't agree with the situation. She hasn't returned home. Now she wants us to pay for colleg this next semester, while she is living wherever she pleases! :sad2: Basically, we are not going to unless a few things change. Tomorrow we are supposed to have lunch with her and the boyfriend to discuss things. The only reason I am considering that he is there is so that he can hear what we have to say without her distorting it.

Neither DH nor I are sleeping well. We are both going through the comfort foods like crazy. The sad thing is that we know exactly what is going on when we grab for the bad foods, but at this point, we just want to make it through to the next day. I will tell you, it is a perfect in to an already stressful year.

Oh, in the meantime, DS turned 4 and DD16 turned into DD17. Well, DH had a birthday also. Oh yeah, I drastically backed off of Girl Scouts and am down to only leading DD9's troop. At the moment that is all I can handle, along with still doing library board and attending DAR.

Christmas was pretty good all things considered. I did everything possible to carry out traditions and create some stability for my family, something much needed after this year.

But, I am back now and plan to post daily. I do miss it and need it to get back on track. DH and I are planning to work on better eating and exercise in the New Year. WISH us luck.

It may take a few days, but I will get to your journals to catch up.::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Lesli!!!!! :banana:

It's so great to "see" you! I've missed you so much and you've been in my thoughts so often.

It sounds like it's been a very eventful few months for you. I'm sorry to hear about the dollar store closing, but you're right--who could have predicted everything that happened over the last year? Maybe the supplier closing is kind of a sign. I wish you the best as you wind things down and start thinking about where you want to go next.

As for DD19, whew! Talk about your growing pains! This must be a heck of a shock for you and your DH. I've always kind of gotten the impression from what you've written that she was very focused and goal-oriented--often your "right hand". I'm sure it's quite a change of dynamics for all of you.

It sounds like some things are going right. She's over the mono, seems to be recovering from the depression, enjoying her job, has a seemingly decent new boyfriend, and is commited to continuing her education.

The poor girl sounds so lost. She's been through so much this year. And now so many decisions to make and so many things to juggle! I doubt it's any picnic for you and DH either especially with DD17 in the wings. Growing up is hard and 19 is such an awkward place, especially for the firstborn. Not quite an adult, but definitley not a kid anymore either.

Staying out all night with no call isn't OK. It's not even so much of a freedom issue as an issue of common courtesy. How were you to know that she hadn't run into some kind of trouble? My DH is a perfectly responsible, competent adult but I would still be worried sick if he didn't come home one night! I'm sure it's hard for her to see that your concern was for her safety more than it was to keep tabs on her.

I don't envy you trying to figure out the new college situation. On the hand continuing her education is so important, but she can't just have carte blanche, especially with you footing the bill! I hope you can work out an equitable agreement.

Looking forward to seeing more you in the new year! :grouphug:

Common courtesy! What was that? I think that is exactly what we said to her and what everyone else has said hearing the situation. DH and I are always in contact if we are running late for some reason. When I go away, I always call him to tell him when I got in or when the plane landed then I call to let him know for sure the room numbers if I am staying at a hotel versus family or friends, even though I am an adult. Common courtesy, what a concept.

The trick is going to be showing her that she can't have her cake and eat it too. Thanks for all your well wishes Pearlieq. Let's hope this next year is much better.

Might as well start journaling today, as I think it is going to be a doozie. We meet with DD19 and her boyfriend to discuss things. I am praying that we can turn this thing around. If he is the "one", great, but I think stepping back and learning how to have a real relationship is better. The moving in so quickly thing can really confuse a situation. I know there are a few exceptions out there, but for the most part, it just doesn't turn out well. Besides, I want her to get back to being goal-oriented again.

Food plan for the day:
Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg w/swiss and red & yellow bell peppers, ham (1 serving), and 1/2 c grapefruit juice (this was great, I haven't had a decent breakfast in awhile)
AM snack - banana or crackers
Lunch - french onion soup at Panera, maybe an apple instead of a baguette, iced tea
PM snack - celery & cheese
Supper - minute steaks w/mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes (we tried it the other night, but didn't realize the milk was soured, so I promised it for later)

Goals for the day:
1. 60 oz water (I have hardly drank 1 glass of water a day for too many weeks)
2. 15 min exercise (this morning to release tension)
3. Tackle laundry, cleaning, bookwork......anything after seeing DD19 so as not to lay on the couch depressed if things don't go well.
4. Stick to the food plan (the extra snacking doesn't help)
5. In bed by 10:30pm (sleeping has been very hard)

It's a start anyway. Later, I will post on where I am at with weight, update my ticker, and post some short and long term goals. One goal........I am definitely going to meet Pearlieq, after almost 2 years on this board. The new year will be better.

Everyone have a great day!::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Well, things didn't quite go as planned on the goal side of things, but I didn't completely blow it either.

No AM or PM snack. Lunch was as planed, but with a baguette. Supper was as planned. Then the munchies got me later. I ate cheese and crackers, popcorn, chips, and I think that was it. Plus I had a few glasses of wine. So any good that I did during the day, I think I undid at night. No exercise. Water was just over 24 oz., which is really good for me lately. Sleep was too late (talking to DD17), and I didn't tackle a thing after seeing DD19.

The meeting went ok, but I think she has made up her mind that she will do as she pleases. We did find out that she really doesn't want to go back to her old school because she hates it there, which is fine and part of the reason why she applied elsewhere. Only later decided that she didn't want to go there, but she never told them that she wasn't going after being accepted. My thinking, is that she still hadn't made up her mind. Trying to get her to realize that she needs time to step back and look for something that fits her needs where she will be happy, maybe take some courses locally while doing that. She admits that could be a good idea. Yeah for us! But then she still believes that she should live on her own 100% and live life the way she wants (yet she can't explain what that really means, can't explain what all the "demands" that we supposedly made on her was, cause we didn't) and we should still pay for college. We asked her to come home to work things out, get better established financially, look for a new school, and then we could consider paying for the summer or fall semester. She's mad that we won't pay for this semster, but if you really don't know where you should be going, why pay? I am afraid that she will either withdraw or the grades will suffer because she will not be where she wants to be. She can't explain her goals or her steps to reach them anymore and that really concerns me. Now her boyfriend seems nice and it "appears" that he has all of his goals laid out, but at the moment, he is willing to take care of her 100% if she chooses not to come home. Why come home then when you have a place to go? Yet, DD19 doesn't want to be dependent on anyone, yeah, I see that. She has a part time job living in his home. Somehow she thinks that a part time job is enough to make ends meet and put away some money. Wow, wouldn't that be great?!!

Needless to say DH and I still aren't sleeping well, even though I think that we said all that we could say to DD19. Basically, I don't think it will matter what we say, she won't come home and her mind was made up that way. At least, her boyfriend saw us in a different light than what she was painting for him. There were a number of things that came up during the meal that he wasn't aware of or not told the details. But basically, he sees that she has a good home to go to which is not what he believed from her side. Will it matter, probably not.

Food plan today:
Breakfast - cream of wheat, ham, 1 c milk, 3/4 c grape juice
AM snack - none
Lunch - tuna and ?
PM snack - apple
Supper - ???

Goals for the day:
1. drink 60 oz water
2. In bed by 10:30pm

Gotta get to work. Talk to you all later.

Oh Lesli - lots of :grouphug: coming your way. What a difficult situation you are in. At least communication is continuing. I really pray that you can all find a solution that you can all be at peace with. Lots of kuddos to you, for trying to take care of yourself through everything. I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts. Take care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter