Let’s just say we could all use a little Happiest Place on Earth Right now! Update 3/4

At the PPH we had to share one bathroom. I know families do it all the time and it sounds super first world and is super first world but one bathroom for five people is not fun. :scared: :lmao:

People always say that their families share one bathroom, and I just don't know how they do it! Fran and I don't even share a bathroom at home! :lmao: I love the resorts where the 1 br units have two bathrooms! We each get our own!

The beds were really comfortable and for once, I slept on vacation. Happily this would be a reoccurring nightly thing.

I always sleep better on vacation than when home. I stopped sleeping when Sarah (our daughter) was born, except when on vacation. I sleep the entire night through when away from home. I am not sure why I stopped sleeping except that Sarah does not sleep but a couple of hours at a time (still, 19 years later :sad2: ) and I keep waking up hearing her moving about. I thought, once she went to college, I would go back to sleeping through the night. Has not happened. Side note of no importance, our family was created by adoption, we went through the pregnancy (talk about stress). Our case worker told us we had to be married one full year before we could adopt in the state of LA (where we were living at that time). Sarah was born three weeks early and nine days before our first anniversary. To get around this problem, the case worker arranged for the hospital to not release Sarah until we could take her home. We spent every night from her birth till we took her home sleeping in a rented room at the hospital.

DH and I have Global Traveler, the kids do not, but luckily we all received TSA pre-check.

This year, Rob and I bought each other "Global Traveler" for our anniversary and one for Sarah for her birthday (events are a few days apart).

The photo behind your dad, there are six children in the photo? You and your siblings?

How did you end up in Utah? Jobs? I am from WA and had every intention of returning once graduate school was finished. Twenty-six years later I am still not home. Maybe someday....

Kate

Hope you are having a magical trip! pixiedust: Aren't they fabulous!!!!!!! Does your DD not like the pullout? Joshua loves it. The two bathrooms are a g-d send! The three in the two bedroom are over the top amazing! At the PPH we had to share one bathroom. I know families do it all the time and it sounds super first world and is super first world but one bathroom for five people is not fun. :scared: :lmao:
Having that pullout beats sleeping on the floor! She's thin, but tall, and she's been sleeping fine after getting used to it. My vacationing days as a kid were no where near this nice, and believe me I remind both my kids about that frequently!

Today our middle child turns 18. :woohoo: I will have an update tomorrow.
Happy Birthday to her!!

Hi all. Sorry for the delay in updating. The holidays have been madness; super fun but madness. We still have 5 nights of Hanukkah to go too. :woohoo:

Photo bucket has also been giving me the biggest headache for the past two days. :headache: Anyone else having issues?

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. :grouphug:

People always say that their families share one bathroom, and I just don't know how they do it! Fran and I don't even share a bathroom at home! :lmao: I love the resorts where the 1 br units have two bathrooms! We each get our own!

I know. :blush: I think we are both a bit spoiled. Our first home only had one bathroom and 4 of us shared. I guess Chloe was just a baby so she did;t really use the bathroom but the whole house was 968 square feet. It was such a cute little house. I miss the tiny payment too. ;)

I always sleep better on vacation than when home. I stopped sleeping when Sarah (our daughter) was born, except when on vacation. I sleep the entire night through when away from home. I am not sure why I stopped sleeping except that Sarah does not sleep but a couple of hours at a time (still, 19 years later :sad2: ) and I keep waking up hearing her moving about. I thought, once she went to college, I would go back to sleeping through the night. Has not happened. Side note of no importance, our family was created by adoption, we went through the pregnancy (talk about stress). Our case worker told us we had to be married one full year before we could adopt in the state of LA (where we were living at that time). Sarah was born three weeks early and nine days before our first anniversary. To get around this problem, the case worker arranged for the hospital to not release Sarah until we could take her home. We spent every night from her birth till we took her home sleeping in a rented room at the hospital.

This year, Rob and I bought each other "Global Traveler" for our anniversary and one for Sarah for her birthday (events are a few days apart).

The photo behind your dad, there are six children in the photo? You and your siblings?

How did you end up in Utah? Jobs? I am from WA and had every intention of returning once graduate school was finished. Twenty-six years later I am still not home. Maybe someday....

Kate

Hi Kate, nope I am an only child. That photo is of him and his 7 siblings. I always wanted a brother or sister but no such luck.

Oh my gosh I feel you on not sleeping. I think once we became mothers, all bets were off. I don't know if thats that constant state of underlying anxiety knowing there are people out there you love more than life itself or what but I totally understand. Permanent vacation sounds like the key to you sleeping. ;) Sleeping in the hospital for nights on end. Wow! You stayed there 3 weeks?

Isn't Global the best thing ever!

I feel ya on not being home. As beautiful as Utah is and as wonderful as our life has been here, it will never be home. We came out here from Southern California two weeks after we got married. Long story short, mid 90's affirmative action (which I support), hubby white kid trying to be a firefighter and could not get hired even after soaring scores on his tests. His folks retired out here so we thought, what the hell, lets try it. Here we are 23 years later.

Having that pullout beats sleeping on the floor! She's thin, but tall, and she's been sleeping fine after getting used to it. My vacationing days as a kid were no where near this nice, and believe me I remind both my kids about that frequently!

Happy Birthday to her!!

Mine weren't either. :lmao: In fact I don;t remember real vacations as kid. We would take our boat to Catalina Island or go to palm Springs for the weekend but I don;t recall going out of state as a child.

Thank you. She had a wonderful birthday. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Chloe!!! :bday::bday::bday:

Finally caught up after being away. Enjoying the TR :)

Next July to live? :hyper:

Thank you lady! :hug: Hope you had a Merry Christmas.

::yes:: We sure are hoping......Michael is also eyeing Florida, Fort Lauderdale to be exact. I cannot believe how much less it is to live there than Southern California. We just have to get out of this snow.

Looks like Photobucket is wanting to comply so I am uploading pics now. :woohoo:

I have been reading your TR since we are in the process of planning a DLR/So Cal Trip.
Looking forward to reading more

The holidays have been madness; super fun but madness. We still have 5 nights of Hanukkah to go too. :woohoo:

Happy Hanukkah.

Photo bucket has also been giving me the biggest headache for the past two days.

I have long since given up on Photobucket. I find Flickr a lot less temperamental.

::yes:: We sure are hoping......Michael is also eyeing Florida, Fort Lauderdale to be exact. I cannot believe how much less it is to live there than Southern California. We just have to get out of this snow.

They both sound good although I would have a preference for Southern California.

Corinna

Hi all. Sorry for the delay in updating. The holidays have been madness; super fun but madness. We still have 5 nights of Hanukkah to go too. :woohoo:

Super fun sounds like it's worth the madness :hyper:

Happy Hanukkah :)

Photo bucket has also been giving me the biggest headache for the past two days. :headache: Anyone else having issues?

I'd have to try to do an update to know that answer :laughing: I've been slacking big time.

Thank you lady! :hug: Hope you had a Merry Christmas.

I did, we celebrated the week before up in Maryland, it was a bit lonely on the actual day but the boys kept me company.

Just being up home for a couple days and it was 15 degrees was torture!

You know how much I love Florida, but would you guys miss CA? It would be super cool to have you guys here though!

Looks like Photobucket is wanting to comply so I am uploading pics now. :woohoo:

:cool1:

My only issue has been that as soon as I click on the first picture, the upload starts and so I end up doing them one at a time. Occasionally I luck out and I'm able to select 10-14 pics at a time. I have another update ready to go, but I'm reluctant to post it as so many folks aren't around right now. Besides once I get home tonight, I probably won't have any time on my computer anymore, so it will be good to have one waiting.

Hi There,
Looks like you have a great family and I'm posting to follow along. We're going to DL for just 2 days in April so I want to see what's new...and will pick up some tips from you hopefully! Thanks for writing this & looking forward to more!

~Linda

Happy Hanukkah to you and your family! I hope you get your photo issues sorted. Probably madness over holudays lots of folks uploading.

Hi all. I am sorry for the prolonged delay on an update. My father in law is still the hospital and dispo has become a nightmare of sorts; needs a SNF but barely does not meet criteria. The social workers and some of his nurses are lazy af at the hospital so we have basically been living there. I think yesterday was the first meal we ate at home. We are trying to keep my FIL's spirits up.

Happy Hanukkah.

I have long since given up on Photobucket. I find Flickr a lot less temperamental.

They both sound good although I would have a preference for Southern California.

Corinna

I prefer So Cal too but the Fort Lauderdale area is much less expensive. So Cal is painfully expensive. :(

I'd have to try to do an update to know that answer :laughing: I've been slacking big time.

I did, we celebrated the week before up in Maryland, it was a bit lonely on the actual day but the boys kept me company.

You know how much I love Florida, but would you guys miss CA? It would be super cool to have you guys here though!

Tell me where you are again? How far from Fort Lauderdale? I need to pick your brain.

My only issue has been that as soon as I click on the first picture, the upload starts and so I end up doing them one at a time. Occasionally I luck out and I'm able to select 10-14 pics at a time. I have another update ready to go, but I'm reluctant to post it as so many folks aren't around right now. Besides once I get home tonight, I probably won't have any time on my computer anymore, so it will be good to have one waiting.

Hope your back is feeling better lady. :hug:

Hi There,
Looks like you have a great family and I'm posting to follow along. We're going to DL for just 2 days in April so I want to see what's new...and will pick up some tips from you hopefully! Thanks for writing this & looking forward to more!

~Linda

Hi and :welcome: Good to see you here. What dates in April? We will be there too. I hope we overlap. :hyper:

Happy Hanukkah to you and your family! I hope you get your photo issues sorted. Probably madness over holudays lots of folks uploading.

Thank you. The pics are uploaded but real life is in the way.

Hi all. I am sorry for the prolonged delay on an update. My father in law is still the hospital and dispo has become a nightmare of sorts; needs a SNF but barely does not meet criteria. The social workers and some of his nurses are lazy af at the hospital so we have basically been living there. I think yesterday was the first meal we ate at home. We are trying to keep my FIL's spirits up.

Happy Hanukkah.

Corinna

I prefer So Cal too but the Fort Lauderdale area is much less expensive. So Cal is painfully expensive. :(

Tell me where you are again? How far from Fort Lauderdale? I need to pick your brain.

Hope your back is feeling better lady. :hug:

Hi There,

~Linda

Hi and :welcome: Good to see you here. What dates in April? We will be there too. I hope we overlap. :hyper:

Thank you. The pics are uploaded but real life is in the way. My FIL is not in the way but the hospital staff is lazy.

I'm so sorry your FiL isn't doing well, and that the hospital staff are lacking :hug:

I'm in a town called Brooksville, about 4 1/2 hours north of Fort Lauderdale.

:blush: Ok friends, let me first apologize for taking so painfully long to update and thank anyone who has not given up on me. :grouphug: Life has been crazy since my father’s heart attack on 12/27. He ended up back in the hospital less than a week after he initially got discharged for a nasty case of pneumonia. He stayed with us a few days post discharge and we were his care givers. He is the sweetest old fella with the best disposition so it was by no means a heartache but it did consume our time and energy. I am happy to say he is back home with home health providing therapy 3x a week and CNAs for showers. He will resume with cardiac care once he has more strength.

Back to the trip-report and again, :thanks: for hanging in there.

Today, Monday, was set to be our first Disney day and we were super excited. Our plan for the next 5 days was to stay the first 3 at the Paradise Pier (2 nights in a standard view room and one in a theme park concierge level room) and then the last 2 nights at the GCV in a one bedroom using our DVC points. We own at SSR but haven’t been to WDW in a few years and use all our points at the GCV. Note to self, next time buy where are we are most going to stay.

Today was also the day we scheduled our VIP tour! We were also meeting up with our good friend Alison. I am sure lots of you know her here.

We arrived to the PPH in no time from Seal Beach. We always take side roads. I am not a huge fan of freeways.

This is a pic from that evening but this is the first thing we saw when we arrived:

Its no where near as wonderful as the tree at the GCV but its beautiful in its own right; very happy and cheerful.

Not sure if other families have their odd habits on vacation but basically I’m always the one to check in and generally start out on my own until the other meander in to find me. DH was outside trying to decide between dropping the car and walking back over or waiting for us. Eventually he decided to unload the car and we would drop the car at Alamo in DTD on our way into the parks.

Crystal was the CM who checked me in and she was wonderful. I emailed and left written props for Crystal.

I had one request to her and that was to be able to not change the rooms the first two nights. I booked all three night separately due to the Disney Visa promo which was one FP per person and a $20 dining voucher per reservation. Booking that was landed us 15 FPs and $60 in dining vouchers. Plus we still had the $135 in resort credit from using the Disney Visa deal.

After making my request to her she asked me to hold tight and went into the back. She came back out with an incredible eat that was truly too good to pass up. For $60 a night we could upgrade those first two nights to a theme park concierge level room for all 5 of us. Say what?! Heck YEAH we'll take that deal. Not only did we not have to change rooms the first two nights but we did not have to change rooms at all! :woohoo:

I just can’t wait to so I’ll post our room view after returning from the park that night:

We also came back to these beauties nightly. They were the biggest, freshest, most wonderful treats we had.

DH and the kids wandered in and I told them about the fabulous deal. I don’t think they understood until we walked up to the lounge and I explained the perks. We had eaten breakfast at the hotel but still grabbed some chips and sodas to take into the parks as well as ate some muffins and fruit. They had a Nespresso machine which makes the BEST cup of coffee ever. They had cream and syrups etc….. I have pics from various trips to the lounge but we were so amped up today, I did not get any of this mornings. Even knowing we would not make it to the lounge for cocktails and snacks, it was still well worth the $60 considering the view and how much we enjoyed it the rest of the time. Plus it felt fun to have that snazzy gold concierge room key. :cloud9: I had had it once before for Alison’s 50th birthday party. I may or may not still have them. :lmao:

But back to the day……

We dropped off the car at Alamo in DTD without issue. If you are ever wanting to rent a car during your trip, we find them competitive with their pricing and very easy to work with. They do need more help though.

We strolled through DTD and made it to security which is just always a mess. I am unsure why Disney cannot figure this out. They made Indy for goodness sake, certainly they can come up with an efficient security system. Its so random, slow, and just odd.

Our tour was set to begin at 10 but because of some CM mix-up they were a little late. But no big deal, we were at Disneyland. :cloud9:

We other BIG plans that day. After the tour we had spots for fireworks in the VIP section but before had plans to have a few cocktails at a cute little club inside Disneyland. Our host preferred not to be photographed and we honored that.

I swear I say this every trip but every trip and every day is wonderfully magical in its own way and today would be no different. Judi was our guide and was as sweet as can be. Here is a selfie of all of us:

We rode, we ate, we had a total blast. Here a few of my favorites from the day. Love this one aside from Joshua’s eyes being closed. LOL:

Big Al:

RIP ToT. :( We are in the front rows.

Now forgive and I promise to add them later but we tried quite a bit at the festival of Foods but Photobucket is still being a PITA and I wanted to get this update posted.

At 6, we bid farewell to cute Judi and headed to have a drink (or two)…..

After our drinks we said goodbye to our host at the cute little club and headed to the VIP section for fireworks. We snapped a few pics before and after and I took no less than 50 during (which will come with some food pics from earlier that day).

Our view was out of this world!

After the fireworks we made our way back to the PPH but not before making sure Alison got safely back to Fran who was picking her up.

Of course how could we not have a Captain Morgans’ spiced rum and hot apple cider?

We happily made it back to the PPH, called bell services for our bags, bit off a few ears of the Mickey treats, and fell into a wonderful slumber……..

To be Continued.

Fun day! I was so exhausted that next day. For us not having taken a lot of pictures it actually looked like a great and fun day. Everyone has huge grins on their faces in the pictures!

How great you were offered club at such a cheap price. Practically a free upgrade! No changing of rooms yes please. You save hassle and half a day right there.

Very pretty tree and photos of you.

You scored some fun rides.

Great to meet up with Alison. How nice. Great photos of the evening too! Sounds like a great day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter