Lindsay and Chris PJ! WP/Italy Isola/AAR...Disneyland Paris Honeymoon added 7-19

Lindsay22

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!
Some of you may recognize me as Caryndisneydiva's sister/bridesmaid. (You may also remember me as "Tan Line Lindsay"--Just wait Caryn. Just wait)
I got engaged last night and Caryn immediately told me to start a PJ!:cool1:

About Me::bride: Lindsay I'm 25 (26 on Friday) and I've been a lurker on this board for the last two years. I've been a disney fanatic since birth! I did a college program in Fall of 2003 (MGM merchandise).

About DF: :earsboy: Chris. 26. Not such a disney fanatic. He hadn't been since he was 10 but then started going with me and loves it. He was shocked that it just isn't for kids.

How we met :love: . Well it wasn't quite love. We were both taking paralegal classes and we were in the same class. We never talked really, but I remember looking at him thinking "God, that kid is strange". He would stick his pen in his hat and wear regular socks with flip flops... :eek: Not okay. I actually thought he was some 17 year old punk... We ended up working on a project together when I found out he was actually my age. Shortly after that I ended a long relationship with my ex boyfriend. We started studying together and that was that.

Shortly after we started dating I decided it was time to move. I was tired of my hour and half each way commute into NYC everyday. I wanted to be closer to the mouse!! I was offered a job with my company in Tampa and I asked Chris to move with me. So we packed up the car with everything I owned (including the cat) and moved to Tampa. I was surprised really, here was this guy who I never even expected to like, willing to move halfway across the country where he didn't have a job. That was a really big step in our relationship (I guess it would be a big step for anyone...)

The proposal: LAST NIGHT :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: We were celebrating my birthday this weekend because next weekend is our anniversary. I decided we should go to Disney and go in all the shops. I didn't really care if we went on rides or anything, I just wanted to browse. We had some errands to run that morning and he said he was going to get us smoothies. He took a really long time! And I noticed that there was a bump in his shorts for his wallet, and a bump in the other pocket... hmmm.... I didn't think the ring was going to be ready this soon (I was with him when he picked it out, so I knew it was coming) We hopped in the car and drove to Disney and started out in the Magic Kingdom. We strolled thru all the shops and I pointed out the medium sized glass slipper that they use at CRT. I noticed that he kept sticking his hands in his pockets and figured that he definitely had the ring with him.
We went into the emporium and I turned around to ask him something and he wasn't there. I usually lose him in shops so I wasnt too concerned and kept shopping. Finally, I called him to find out where he was. He said he just stepped out to take my call... Little did I know that he was across the street buying the mini glass slipper!! (He told me later that he "practiced" losing me in the shops to make sure he could get away)
We went over to the wedding pavilion to peek, there were two rehersals yesterday so we didn't peek around too much, just a little!! He said that he thought about asking me there, but wanted to wait.
We went over to Epcot and had some Mexican and just strolled around. We continued around World Showcase and we got to France, our favorite country, and decided that we'd get some dessert and champagne and sit on the planter.
I got the champagne, he got the dessert and he got down and presented my beautiful sapphire ring in a glass slipper. He told me that he loved me very much and asked me to marry him.
I knew it was coming, and I had been nervous all day, but I was still surprised. I thought he was going to make me wait until fireworks!!

We started to call everyone. Neither of our Mother's picked up their phones... and we decided to head back to the Magic Kingdom. My dad called while we were on the monorail and of course I started exclaiming that we were engaged. Well the people on the monorail loved it!! They started to clap, it was really exciting. We went to guest relations where they made us "Just Engaged" buttons. We watched Wishes and went home. It was perfect.

So far we know that we want:
The wedding pavilion
Randy
Fireworks in France (we'd prefer upper)
We are thinking probably the last sunday in April 2009. We had been thinking about October, but that's hurricane season. We'd rather that we didn't have our fireworks cancelled due to a hurricane.
Colors: Black, Bright Pink, Ivory
Dress: I have my grandmother's wedding dress, I'm going to try and restyle it... we'll see on that.
Bridal Party:
Matron of Honor: Caryn (Caryndisneydiva)
Maid of Honor: Megan (Disneymeg)
Bridesmaids: Mary (my best friend) Claudia (Chris's sister)
Best Man: Dave (hopefully, we haven't asked him yet) Chris's uncle
Groomsmen: AJ (Chris's brother) Ryan( Chris's friend) and Doug (Chris's friend, I call him Sleepy Doug)

I am going to take pics of my ring and slipper today and post them!!! I'm sooooo excited

Congrulations Lindsay! What a lovely engagement story. :cloud9: I think I would have been checking my pockets all night as well if I had an engagement ring in there! :rotfl: I think it's hilarious that he had "practiced" losing you! But I guess it was worth it in the end! Yay-- another PJ and beautiful DFTW! :woohoo: I can't wait to see your ring-- I love sapphires!

Congratultions Lindsay and Christoph (no folks thats not his name but thats what disney thinks it is!!!) Very exciting!

Congrats Lindsay!

I can't imagine what you'll come up with to get "even" with Caryn. :rotfl2:

Your and Meg's comments on Caryn's PJ were the one reason I kept reading it.

Congratulations!!! What a sweet story! How exciting to be planning your own wedding after helping so much with Caryn's :dance3: I can't wait to hear more!!

ohhhhhhhh yayyy! congratulations lindsay and ray-bar (my name for "christopher" as our dear mother calls him)! yay yay yay! i'll make anything you want me too (for a nominal fee of course :lmao: )!!!! i have the pic of the ring you sent me yesterday if you want me to post it...

Congratulations! I think how you met and fell in love is just lovely.

congrats congrats :woohoo:
i can't wait to see everything you do for your wedding! your engagement is so cute! how awesome to get married where you got engaged! :goodvibes
congrats and best wishes!!!!

Lindsay!!!

:cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2: Congratulations!!!:cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2:

I'm sooo sooo happy for you. I can't wait to see what you come up with and It's so exciting that you're also doing a Disney wedding. It's almost like Caryn's wedding (forgive more saying it Caryn) was your test run to see how it all plays out. And she broke a lot of people in as far as getting them to go and them knowing what to expect.

Can't wait to see the ring and read the PJ!! And see your unique twist on your very own Disney wedding!! Woohoo!

the pic is super tiny because it was taken with a phone, i tried to make it bigger, but that wasn't effective...

(here are our fave 3 trying to make the pic bigger)

allthreegodmothers.gif
2-3.jpg

wow that ring is stunning!!! :thumbsup2 you have a great df!! love the glass slipper!!!

aww! congratulations!! :banana: :banana: You must have been nervous ALL day!! And him too!! LoL Such a sweet story.

Your wedding party layout is just like mine.. 1 Matron of Honor, 1 Maid of Honor, and 2 Bridesmaids :grouphug:

wow that ring is stunning!!! you have a great df!! love the glass slipper!!!

Thanks!! I'm sooo excited!! I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE my ring. (I put it on with my pajamas this morning to see if it matched.

congrats lindsay!!
you must be so excited! Your ring is beautiful!
Thanks Amanda! You must be so excited!! You're soooo close (my birthday is your wedding day!)

aww! congratulations!! You must have been nervous ALL day!! And him too!! LoL Such a sweet story.

Your wedding party layout is just like mine.. 1 Matron of Honor, 1 Maid of Honor, and 2 Bridesmaids

Thank you!! I was nervous all day. I didn't want him to know that I knew. Hopefully Caryn and Mark decide to wait a little while before they bring a little one or I'll be in the same boat as you! (But Caryn, that would be wonderful if you do bring a little one)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter