Lindsay and Chris PJ! WP/Italy Isola/AAR...Disneyland Paris Honeymoon added 7-19

Wow. I haven't updated this in a while... Sorry about that.

Our pictures are up on Randy's site (finally... it took a REALLY long time) and I love them! We've already been in touch with Linda to make the parent albums and I've made a blurb book for Chris's mom.

I went to Keepsake Floral a few weeks ago for my consult (if anyone is planning on physically GOING there, please PM me... you'll need different directions than the ones they give you) I ordered a 5x7 oval frame and two christmas ornaments.

I also realized that I never updated the final day of our trip. I'll attempt to do that today.

We are dancing our wedding dance in the recital for our dance instructor. The recital is Sat so I'll be sure to post pics!

WOW! I don't know how I missed your entire PJ until now! Everything looks gorgeous! I'm off to work my way back through your PJ and find out all the details... can't wait for more! Congrats:goodvibes

I looked through your photos on Randys's website yesterday, some great shots, have you got any fav's?

Well, we just got back from our honeymoon. I'm not going to do a full TR for our trip, but I thought you all would be interested in our Disneyland Paris day. For those of you that are curious, we went to London and Paris (it was supposed to be 3 nights in London and 4 nights in Paris, but we had a little snafu with the travel agent and ended up spending 5 nights in Paris.) We didn't a tour group or anything, just went around by ourselves. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

On what was supposed to be our last full day in Paris DH and I hopped on the train to Disneyland. We left out of the Gare de Lyon train station and took the RER train to Disneyland. Everything was very well labeled and there were Mickey heads to identify which stop. Two roundtrip train tickets were 26 euros. The train took about 40 minutes and it was very similar to NJ Transit.

Chris on the train... he wasn't overjoyed that we were "wasting" a day going to Disney when we have Disney only an hour away from our house.
IMG_0979.jpg

We went right in
IMG_0981.jpg

This was the entrance to the ticket place and I think that this building is also a hotel... it looks exactly like the Grand Floridian
IMG_0985.jpg

The ticket signs were in French and English
IMG_0986.jpg

We opted to get the one park one day ticket. We only had one day to spend and I didn't want to have to rush to get thru both parks... Our tickets were 51 euros each.

We went in and got a map
IMG_0988.jpg

It was really weird for me to actually need a map in a disney park. I got used to it. We walked up Mainstreet and took a zillion pictures. At this point I was practically jumping up and down because I was soooo excited to be there!!

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

They have character greetings by the castle (and I'm a little disapointed that we didn't go to one because I'm curious to know if the characters speak French or English...) Ariel waved to us
IMG_0995.jpg

Then we walked into the castle. I thought it was just going to be a walkway like we have in Florida. Boy was I wrong.

IMG_0996.jpg

Just inside
IMG_0997.jpg

They have stained glass windows that show scenes from the movie. They are WONDERFUL. You start out by going up the stairs and you see the book.

IMG_0998.jpg

Then they start with the windows.
IMG_0999.jpg

Next to each window was the book (I assume that it was the part of the story shown in the window, but it was written in French)

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

Chris said that this looked just like the top of our cake except that he wasn't on the top....
IMG_1009.jpg

Then you got to go outside and stand on the balcony (similar to where you get your pic taken at the MK photo shoot)
IMG_1010.jpg

Part 2

We continued on and our first ride was Pirates!!
IMG_1012.jpg

Pirates was much better than the Pirates we have. It was very similar to California's Pirates. I was very interested to note that Jack Sparrow and crew were not included in this ride... After Pirates we went to the Indiana Jones ride and got a fast pass

IMG_1016.jpg

We thought it was funny that the fastpasses were also written in French and English and that they only gave you a half hour.

We headed over to the Haunted Mansion.
IMG_1018.jpg

In Paris it is not called the Haunted Mansion....
IMG_1020.jpg

Phantom Manor was MUCH scarier here than in Florida. Like a lot scarier. I probably wouldn't take my child on this ride... After Phantom Manor we headed over to Indiana Jones and la Temple du Peril

IMG_1022.jpg

We wandered around a little more and caught some of the parade
IMG_1025.jpg

Then we had lunch... the food options were okay. Not a lot of American food which surprised me a little but I was generally okay with. I had a really good sandwich that I didn't take a picture of. However, I did like the napkin
IMG_1026.jpg

Then we went over to Tomorrowland
IMG_1027.jpg

Space Mountain was closed so we decided to see Honey I Shrunk the Audience in French. We came out and saw the creepiest show ever. These weird people were dancing and screaming out colors... it was weird. I think it was similar to the game that we used to play when we were little... Simon, I think.

IMG_1028.jpg

I was pretty amused that you could get a waffle at a quick food cart.
IMG_1032.jpg

We decided to head out towards Downtown Disney. On our way out we passed Cinderella's Coach!!
IMG_1036.jpg

The back of the castle
IMG_1038.jpg

Then I noticed a ruckus of castmembers
IMG_1039-1.jpg

There was a broken window on Mainstreet... and all of those castmembers were investigating it. It's not everyday you see a broken window on Mainstreet.. So I took a picture
IMG_1040-1.jpg

Chris took this picture of me in the shop
IMG_1042-1.jpg

We went to Downtown Disney and saw this!
IMG_1044-1.jpg

(Now, when will our Downtown Disney take the hint...)

Recognize this attraction?
IMG_1045-1.jpg

We walked down to the hotels
IMG_1046-1.jpg

And then we were ready to head back. Overall, I loved our trip to Disneyland Paris. It was wonderful. It felt a little less like Disney and a little more like a themepark, but not in a bad way. We both had a great time. Everyone was very friendly and most people spoke enough English that we were able to get around and ask questions with no problem at all.

Awww, glad you enjoyed 'our' Disney! :P

You basically saw the best bit of Europe! :lmao:

The big pink building is a hotel. :) It's wonderful and THE best location ever getting to teh parks wise! I think I'm really going to miss it when I'm stood in the Grand Floridian (the lobbys are very similar), lol.

Did you see the dragon under the castle? She really makes it a wonderful castle! How intersting to hear you loved our POTC, and found PM so much scarier than HM, I wonder what I'll think of HM!

Ooooh, I love hearing about DLRP from non-addicts like me! :)

Lindsay I am glad you had a great time in Disneyland Paris! I hope to one day get there myself. I hope you and Chris had a wonderful rest of the honeymoon as well!

Thanks for all the pics!

Glad you had a great honeymoon, where did you visit in London?

The last photo in you first post is where DF proposed to me.

Thanks for sharing the picture from Paris. I've always wanted to hit some of the Disney parks in other parts of the world. I love the inside of the castle, how beautiful!

Thank you for sharing, everything looks beautiful. Congratulations to you both and I wish you both a long and happy life together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter