• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Linking a walked reservation

But she might as well call and have them all merged into one reservation. For me that’s always happened automatically, but not for others. So she should call.

having them as separate reservations can be beneficial if she would like to do the dining plan on only a few days of the trip.

having them as separate reservations can be beneficial if she would like to do the dining plan on only a few days of the trip.
But you may have to move between every reservation. DVC stated a few years ago that in order to buy the dining plan for a part of your total stay, you would have to move to a new resort or new room category (in other words a completely different reservation).

But you may have to move between every reservation. DVC stated a few years ago that in order to buy the dining plan for a part of your total stay, you would have to move to a new resort or new room category (in other words a completely different reservation).

Considering I’ve done it 3 times in the last year I’d say the strategy works. And I’ve never had to check in/out again.

One of the Concierge’s at VGF told me she’s had several families do this.

Considering I’ve done it 3 times in the last year I’d say the strategy works. And I’ve never had to check in/out again.

One of the Concierge’s at VGF told me she’s had several families do this.
Well, then it's a typical DVC rule. No teeth and they don't hold anyone to it.

make sure you get them merged or you might have to go down to the front desk each day to check in for the next night.
We had two reservations in the same villa under two contracts. I called and had member services link the reservation. What a mess with the magic bands. On any given day someone's did not work to enter the GV or to charge.
I don't know if that's the norm but it was extremely frustrating.

YMMV. I'd been told the same thing (not having to move rooms with linked reservations) but had it come back to bite me at VGC. We'd gotten a extra day at the end of our trip via waitlist, and when I'd called in to Member Services prior to the trip, they'd linked the reservation and reassured me that we wouldn't have to move rooms. Got told the same thing at check-in. That morning rolls around, and the front desk tells us that, nope, we need to move rooms. Appealed to a manager and even called in to the member services line, nope, nothing they can do. Considering we had a baby and a special needs kid that required us to arrange the room a certain way, it was a big hassle and we lost the entire morning of our "extra" day to moving rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter