List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not officially unless there has been a recent change. Disney has only told TAs that rooms will be canceled through May 23rd as of this morning.

True - believe he was.going by a couple of ppl that follow him and the emails they had received

I spoke with an AP line CM tonight to ask about my May 25-27 reservation that is in limbo. He said Disney hasn't given any official word on it yet but that it isn't expected that they will have resorts up and running for any date in May.😢

Also, some quick searches on Disney's site for rooms yielded absolutely zero availability for June into July...how is this even possible??

I spoke with an AP line CM tonight to ask about my May 25-27 reservation that is in limbo. He said Disney hasn't given any official word on it yet but that it isn't expected that they will have resorts up and running for any date in May.😢

Also, some quick searches on Disney's site for rooms yielded absolutely zero availability for June into July...how is this even possible??
They were probably just updating the system. They do that sometimes. I just checked and there is a lot of availability for the last week of June.

They were probably just updating the system. They do that sometimes. I just checked and there is a lot of availability for the last week of June.
Just did another search of some dates in June and early July. Still absolutely zero availability. What the heck am I doing wrong? lol

Edit to mention that I have been searching using Florida resident and passholder discount options. Those show zero availability. There is still some availability if you book full price

Last edited:
Just did another search of some dates in June and early July. Still absolutely zero availability. What the heck am I doing wrong? lol
That’s strange. June 20-27 has availability at most resorts. Of course, with the game they seem to be playing now, they will just cancel those dates anyway. Week by week. Like a video game shark, slowly chomping away at people’s dreams. 🦈

I was just noticing that park hours are still on site starting may 18. Although I got an email saying my reservation was during a time their hotel was closed, Disney hasn't yet cancelled the reservation or the fastpasses and ADRs. I'm not cancelling until I see other stuff being cancelled as well...

I was just noticing that park hours are still on site starting may 18. Although I got an email saying my reservation was during a time their hotel was closed, Disney hasn't yet cancelled the reservation or the fastpasses and ADRs. I'm not cancelling until I see other stuff being cancelled as well...

Same here. I am afraid we are going to wake up in the morning to the park hours being updated to reflect the closing. But, we can always hope!

Actually starting the 17th. I expect that to change sometime today, as they've extended the closure on the calendar for another week the past two Thursdays. Fastpasses and ADRs will be canceled automatically for the extended dates after that. Your resort reservation won't automatically cancel until check in day.

Are May cancellations valid for the "free dining" promotion that Disney was offering the March/April guests?

At this point, not sure what"free dining" will be worth in June/July/August/September without knowing when they will be open, WHAT will be open, and what modifications there will be.

Free dining may not be much of a perk if there are no buffets, character meals or reservations are hard to get due to reduced restaurant capacity.

I am curious to see what Disney will do to entice guests to come back after the open up. Free dining probably won't be enough .. at least for the summer.

Are May cancellations valid for the "free dining" promotion that Disney was offering the March/April guests?

At this point, not sure what"free dining" will be worth in June/July/August/September without knowing when they will be open, WHAT will be open, and what modifications there will be.

Free dining may not be much of a perk if there are no buffets, character meals or reservations are hard to get due to reduced restaurant capacity.

I am curious to see what Disney will do to entice guests to come back after the open up. Free dining probably won't be enough .. at least for the summer.
Yes, when that was first announced, it was for reservations through the end of May that were eligible. the emails going out also continue to reflect the free dining offer. Now, with only 1 more week of May to cancel, it'll be interesting to see what happens if they decide not to open in June!

Yes, when that was first announced, it was for reservations through the end of May that were eligible. the emails going out also continue to reflect the free dining offer. Now, with only 1 more week of May to cancel, it'll be interesting to see what happens if they decide not to open in June!
As someone who HAS a trip in June scheduled (mid-June) .. I am more curious about what Disney will do (if anything) for those trips (if they open on June 1).

1) Will they have such reduced capacity they will have to cancel some resort reservations or packages or dining reservations?
2) Will so many people still be uncomfortable with travelling that people will cancel their own trips? (or be forced to cancel due to travel restrictions outside Disney's control)
2a) Will many people cancel this summer just not wanting a "reduced experience"?
3) Will Disney have a more flexible cancellation policy for the summer after they open (knowing people will cancel due to #2 and 2a)
4) Will Disney offer any sort of "please don't cancel" incentives in order to get people to not cancel their summer months (especially due to 2a).

As someone who HAS a trip in June scheduled (mid-June) .. I am more curious about what Disney will do (if anything) for those trips (if they open on June 1).

1) Will they have such reduced capacity they will have to cancel some resort reservations or packages or dining reservations?
2) Will so many people still be uncomfortable with travelling that people will cancel their own trips? (or be forced to cancel due to travel restrictions outside Disney's control)
2a) Will many people cancel this summer just not wanting a "reduced experience"?
3) Will Disney have a more flexible cancellation policy for the summer after they open (knowing people will cancel due to #2 and 2a)
4) Will Disney offer any sort of "please don't cancel" incentives in order to get people to not cancel their summer months (especially due to 2a).
Yeah, that too... I hear ya. My May trip was just cancelled. I would have been ok with some experiences terminated, though I'd change a majority of plans. IE. if no character dinners, I'd probably get rid of the ddp since I only got that to experience a bunch of character dinners in one trip. I probably would have also cut down to only 2 or 3 park days and spent more time relaxing if the experiences were cut down. Parades and Fireworks to me aren't the only things to do in parks so if they weren't there, we'd do something else instead. But yeah, the sooner they can put out what they're going to do when they do plan to reopen, even if they don't have a specific open date, the sooner people can decide if they're ok with Disney During Covid.

They have stated that they are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the day of check-in for reservations through June 30th. We'll have to wait and see what happens beyond that.

We have a split stay scheduled starting May 23 for one night at All Star Movies. Then we are scheduled at POFQ from May 24-30. We received notification that our reservation for the 23rd has been cancelled. However, we have not received anything regarding the trip starting on the 24th. I presume we will receive that cancellation next week.

Date: May 23
Resort: All Star Movies
View: Standard View
Paid: Cash
State: Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter