• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also just got the email. They must be sending out the bunch for that week...

WDW resort days canceled - May 22-25
How did WDW inform you of this cancellation - e-mail
What resort - Art of Animation
What room level/view - Cars Family Suite
How you paid (Cash or DVC) - Cash
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile -MD

😢

There hasn't been a posted opening date yet, so I'm guessing they are cancelling anything prior to June 1 now.

Have any Florida residents with a resort reservation in the last week of May been cancelled?

This makes a lot of sense. They are still cancelling just one week at a time. Last week they were cancelling reservations with check in dates between May 10th through the 16th so now they are on the 17th through the 23rd. So if your check in date is between those dates, whole thing is cancelled. Next week should be May 24th through the 30th. After that, we will see what they do for early June. Hopefully there is some official announcement by then!

This makes a lot of sense. They are still cancelling just one week at a time. Last week they were cancelling reservations with check in dates between May 10th through the 16th so now they are on the 17th through the 23rd. So if your check in date is between those dates, whole thing is cancelled. Next week should be May 24th through the 30th. After that, we will see what they do for early June. Hopefully there is some official announcement by then!
Yes my ressie for 24th-29th still holding and I’m clinging (like that kitten in the “Hang in There” posters) to the possibility of a soft opening on Memorial Day which would fit perfectly for our trip. But I expect to either get the cancellation email mid-next week or hear sooner that opening is for sure in June. We have June trip planned as well for backup. As a control planning person this is driving me a bit crazy!

I have OKW May16-23 on points. I have received nothing and reservation is still active in my account???

My tickets for after hour events on May 18th and 19th just disappeared from MDE. Our six day park hopper tickets still are on there with the same valid dates.

Also, all fastpasses are still there.

I called to modify my reservation from a package to a room only. The dates are May 31st -June 6th. I wasn't able to do it myself online because reservations start on June 1st there. He was able to change it and I got a confirmation email of those dates. He said that they were hoping to open on May 18th. I didn't ask, he just told me. I, of course, don't believe everything I hear. :)

Disney has made the announcement up to May 23rd now. This process usually takes a little bit of time so if you haven’t received a notice yet it likely is coming.

It isn't looking positive for a May reopening at all, even for FL residents. I received my email notice today...

WDW resort days canceled - May 23-28
What resort - Caribbean Beach
What room level/view - Standard
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile - FL

It isn't looking positive for a May reopening at all, even for FL residents. I received my email notice today...

WDW resort days canceled - May 23-28
What resort - Caribbean Beach
What room level/view - Standard
What state do you live in...according to your MDX profile - FL
I really thought they might try a soft reopening with Florida residents the week before June 1st but you're right it's not looking good

I really thought they might try a soft reopening with Florida residents the week before June 1st but you're right it's not looking good

I was thinking the same thing. There's still a chance if they decide to reopen parks without the hotels, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter