LIVE FROM THE "BRINGING THE MAGIC HOME" 8/20 REPO CRUISE

bstsuda said:
We just left the ship and our MOST MAGICal awesome vacation ever ~ a little over 24 hours ago - and i'm sad it's over but wishing all of you a most incredible cruise....whoever is in our room 7014 or near by will LOVE Don, and if you are fortunate enough to get Shantol as your asst server - you will LOVE her as well....i miss all of them (our server is on his vacation), so you won't have him, but Shantol and Alen are still on board and are terrific!!!! Enjoy every moment....and looking forward to your photos and stories!

Hey bstsuda: Finally got around to reading the whole thread tonight. We had 7014 for the Repo and you're right, Don was great! Thank you for warming up the room for us!

Otisp said:
Hey bstsuda: Finally got around to reading the whole thread tonight. We had 7014 for the Repo and you're right, Don was great! Thank you for warming up the room for us!
oh you so welcome - was our pleasure to pass our room onto another Californian!!! :sunny: SOOOO glad you liked Don as much as we did!!! Hope you had an AWESOME trip - i loved our 7 day - WISH we could have done one of the repo's but the timing wasn't right....and now looking to book at least a 10-day in 2007!

I'm curious to see a picture of the Don "Ducky" Williams Lithograph for the Eastbound Panama Canal Crossing Cruise.

I'm glad you guys had a great cruise...it was so much fun to watch you come through the canal!!!!!

Thanks in advance

If someone doesn't do it before me, I'll take a picture on post it for you later :)

Deb

Thanks Deb!!!!

P.S. Are you the one that surprised your kids with the cruise????

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Thanks Deb!!!!

P.S. Are you the one that surprised your kids with the cruise????

Here you go Elaine :)

100_1983.jpg

I made it nice and big for you. We actually packed it in our suitcase praying for no wrinkles and it made the journey home fine. We are very lucky!

Yes, we were the ones to surprise our kids. My youngest one loves it and wants to know when we will surprise him again ;) My oldest, is just a grumpy teen, so his opinion doesn't count :)

Deb

Deb - I love the new picture of your beautiful family! Wish you had that before the cruise so I would have recognized you earlier in the cruise. I just got back on the DIS today, work has been crazy being gone for two weeks and found this thread. Started at the end and there you were. It was really nice meeting you, thanks again for organizing the game day we had a blast.

It is going to take a long time to read all of this thread but:

Tracy - skimming I saw you got to press the horn button YAY for you, you deserve it for everything you did for all of us the past 15 months. DH and I spoke to you about your stingray experience at the end of the day on Castaway. You of all people deserved that too! Thanks for organizing the wine tasting, I had to drag DH reluctantly but he had a great time as did I, found a new wine we both enjoyed. Enjoyed the pirate reading with the boys they are fighting over who gets to put the invitation in their scrapbook. And of course your newsletters were simply fabulous, how you ever had the time to do all this is amazing and I heard a rumor on the ship you are doing a newsletter for an upcoming cruise you are on? You are the best!

Michelle

lotsofboys said:
Deb - I love the new picture of your beautiful family! Wish you had that before the cruise so I would have recognized you earlier in the cruise. I just got back on the DIS today, work has been crazy being gone for two weeks and found this thread. Started at the end and there you were. It was really nice meeting you, thanks again for organizing the game day we had a blast.

Michelle

Hey Michelle!

I just finished reading the entire thread. Took me forever! Thank you for the compliment :) I enjoyed meeting you and had a great time playing games. The day we were out in the pool during the games, I got sunburned :( Did you?

So back to reality...how is it treating you?

Deb

dairyou said:
So back to reality...how is it treating you?

Deb

Reality is no fun! Back to the grind! Deb, I kept hoping I would meet you on the cruise, but somehow our paths never crossed. Hopefully we'll see eachother on the 11 day!

Tracy

Deb

Thank you so much for posting a picture of your lithograph. It's beautiful. In May, we rolled our lithograph and packed it in a tube since we had to travel from LA to Ontario Canada....people looked at me strange with this tube hanging out of my carryon bag...but I didn't care. Thankfully it made it hope "wrinkle free". After seeing your lithograph, I now understand the comment Don "Ducky" Williams made during his presentation about drawing the ship. Your lithograph shows so much more of the ship than ours did in May. Thanks again.

That is so cool to surprise your kids with an incredible trip like that. I know I wouldn't have been able to keep it a secret because I would have been WAY too excited about going on the cruise!!!!!! I'm sure your sons will remember this trip for a lifetime.

lotsofboys said:

Tracy - skimming I saw you got to press the horn button YAY for you, you deserve it for everything you did for all of us the past 15 months. DH and I spoke to you about your stingray experience at the end of the day on Castaway. You of all people deserved that too! Thanks for organizing the wine tasting, I had to drag DH reluctantly but he had a great time as did I, found a new wine we both enjoyed. Enjoyed the pirate reading with the boys they are fighting over who gets to put the invitation in their scrapbook. And of course your newsletters were simply fabulous, how you ever had the time to do all this is amazing and I heard a rumor on the ship you are doing a newsletter for an upcoming cruise you are on? You are the best!

Michelle

Thanks Michelle! It was great meeting you and your family too! It was so nice to finally put faces with names. Hopefully we'll cruise together again in the future :flower:

Tracy

Well my two friends and I got back late, late Saturday night to New York and it has been laundry and cleaning.....I finished uploading my digital pics last night....they are not in precise order and there are tons of them....here are the links in case anyone would care to see....

We had a fantastic time with everyone onboard and this cruise was really something memorable.....my dog (big ole yellow lab) will find it memorable as well.....she ate 2 lbs. of fudge I had brought back from WDW to give hubby.....don't know how she got into it...we were only out of the house 20 minutes!!! Needless to say she had issues that day....but seems to have no lasting effects....

http://community.webshots.com/album/443607697xxGpUT

http://community.webshots.com/album/443609344lTQFFj

http://community.webshots.com/album/445448490pSfUnk

MJ

MJ - Great pictures as always, thanks for posting. My mom & I did not have a camera on SeaAquarium beach because the boys took it on their sailboat trip. The pictures you took there were great, do you mind if I borrow a few for my scrapbook? I'm glad the synchronized swimming pics turned out, it was hard to get one of all three of you at the same time you were moving so fast! I told DH I want to go on the Magic with just my girlfriends someday you guys looked like you were having a blast all the time.

Speaking of sailboat trips, if any of you took the Bounty trip in Curacao, DH took a different sail/snorkel trip and was snorkeling when the Bounty went by, he took a great picture of it in the bay with many Fools aboard. I haven't the slightest idea how to post a picture here but if you PM me your email address I will email the picture to you.

Michelle

winotracy said:
Reality is no fun! Back to the grind! Deb, I kept hoping I would meet you on the cruise, but somehow our paths never crossed. Hopefully we'll see eachother on the 11 day!

Tracy

Tracy,

Yes, we must meet next time. I saw peoples name tags, but was trying not to stare :) I might have stood right next to you and never knew.

Well, one more year to go....ugh!

Deb

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Deb

Thank you so much for posting a picture of your lithograph. It's beautiful. In May, we rolled our lithograph and packed it in a tube since we had to travel from LA to Ontario Canada....people looked at me strange with this tube hanging out of my carryon bag...but I didn't care. Thankfully it made it hope "wrinkle free". After seeing your lithograph, I now understand the comment Don "Ducky" Williams made during his presentation about drawing the ship. Your lithograph shows so much more of the ship than ours did in May. Thanks again.

That is so cool to surprise your kids with an incredible trip like that. I know I wouldn't have been able to keep it a secret because I would have been WAY too excited about going on the cruise!!!!!! I'm sure your sons will remember this trip for a lifetime.

Elaine,

You are very welcome...it only took a minute to do, so no biggie :) I also remember what Ducky said about drawing the ship and all the windows. He also drew a 5 x 7. Each person in the stateroom received one. Did you get this one also?

It was hard to keep the secret, but it was only for 3 months. It was actually your "live" reports in May that enticed us into booking. I wish we would have booked when it first came out, but couldn't convince hubby then. It was your photo's that did him in :)

Deb

mmouse37 said:
Well my two friends and I got back late, late Saturday night to New York and it has been laundry and cleaning.....I finished uploading my digital pics last night....they are not in precise order and there are tons of them....here are the links in case anyone would care to see....

We had a fantastic time with everyone onboard and this cruise was really something memorable.....my dog (big ole yellow lab) will find it memorable as well.....she ate 2 lbs. of fudge I had brought back from WDW to give hubby.....don't know how she got into it...we were only out of the house 20 minutes!!! Needless to say she had issues that day....but seems to have no lasting effects....

http://community.webshots.com/album/443607697xxGpUT

http://community.webshots.com/album/443609344lTQFFj

http://community.webshots.com/album/445448490pSfUnk

MJ
Thanks for sharing your pictures..they were all great!!! Looks like you had a great time

Steve

jiminyC_fan said:
Thanks MJ for sharing your pics. Didn't we have fun??

I can't express enough how much fun we had!! I loved meeting most everyone (didn't get to meet everyone, unfortunately) but had a blast......loved hanging in the pool with you on a few days!!! Let's all do it again!!!

I am finally getting back into "work" mode.....wish I could sail away again!!!

MJ

lotsofboys said:
MJ - Great pictures as always, thanks for posting. My mom & I did not have a camera on SeaAquarium beach because the boys took it on their sailboat trip. The pictures you took there were great, do you mind if I borrow a few for my scrapbook? I'm glad the synchronized swimming pics turned out, it was hard to get one of all three of you at the same time you were moving so fast! I told DH I want to go on the Magic with just my girlfriends someday you guys looked like you were having a blast all the time.

Speaking of sailboat trips, if any of you took the Bounty trip in Curacao, DH took a different sail/snorkel trip and was snorkeling when the Bounty went by, he took a great picture of it in the bay with many Fools aboard. I haven't the slightest idea how to post a picture here but if you PM me your email address I will email the picture to you.

Michelle

Hey Michelle.....it was great seeing you again onboard and thanks for taking the sync swiming pics!!! You may borrow any pics that you like!!! I felt bad that I didn't take a lot of people pics...but I love taking pics that catch my eye and the ship and scenary always do!!! I can't tell you how many pics of the pools and smokestacks I have from previous cruises!!!! Had a blast!!! My friends and I really did have a great time.....it was so different than cruising with the family.....but I missed them terribly....my DD and hubby were very happy to have me home.....today I got a dozen rozes for our anniversary (26 years today)....glad I was back in time for that!!! I told him he was off the hook for awhile for birthday, anniv. and Christmas since he let me go on the trip!!!

MJ

Hello!

I just wanted to say that it was great meeting some of you on the Repo cruise! I'm sure I talked to more disers than I will ever know! What a great bunch of Disney fans!

I have an odd mystery I'm wondering if any of you can help me with. My mother ran into a group of people on the Magic that thought she was someone else. It seems that her "twin" was traveling through the Panama Canal last week. The name everyone kept calling her was "Doris." Her real name is Roberta but some of you thought she was Doris. I never found Doris or got a picture of my mom and her standing next to eachother. I'm wondering Doris is out there on the boards or if someone can pm me and we can exchange pictures? This sounds silly, but the whole family is curious as to how much they really look alike! If you can help, please pm me anytime! It's not like I've got anything to do but unpack!

Thanks again to everyone who organized meets, activities and the group photo. What a great cruise! Doris, are you out there?! :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter