[Live] Home from 6/24/06 Magic

Doingitagain

DIS Veteran
Hopefully my other DISers will help out with this because I am not a prolific writer with all the details you crave.

But one big one first...we are at Castaway Cay, and when I walked out onto our verandah this morning, I saw the pirate ship! pirate: It came in last night. They said you will be able to see it only from shore. It is out in the water on the other side of the dock from the CC activity area, so I don't know if any of the boats or excursions will get close to it.

There are rumors about POC 2, but concierge and the cruise director are saying we are seeing "Cars" on Wednesday. We'll see!

I just heard a CM say that they are moving the ship to the boat area. Perhaps we will get a clearer look at it.

They said it will be here until 2007.

It was supposed to be there last week, but was apparently cancelled due to weather

Glad you are able to see it this week

Our cruise missed it and everyone was sad :sad2:

The Black Pearl is in Dania Beach, Fl this week also - I am only about 10 minutes away, but able to go down and see it

:cool1: That is sooo cooool! We are sooo excited! Keep us posted. I guess they didn't happen to bring Johnny with it did they? :confused3

Very cool about the POC ship! What a great way to start your cruise. Enjoy your first day at CC. Thanks for reporting in live!

Hollyster2 said:
what pirate ship?

The Flying Dutchman ship from the POC movies. :) Another post says that it is completely built up on one side. You can tell that it is a movie prop.

YEAH! Another live report on a double-dip cruise!

OK, any of you folks on the Magic want to take on an assignment? We're trying to find out if there is a helium tank (for baloons) on the ship. Someone wants to bring some special Princess baloons for their daughter's birthday and I was thinking it would be great to have some lime green baloons for our DIS luncheon on the Thu sea day. It may be that only the concierge would be able to arrange that, so we'd need to know if that is the case. Thanks in advance if anyone can find out this info!

I just love the Double Dip Threads! Keep 'em coming! I need all the info I can get! Jack Sparrow didn't happen to be lounging on one of those hammocks in Serenity Bay did he? :lovestruc pirate: :lovestruc

HI GUYS!! Another double dipper here having an amazing time! I can't even put it into words. It started at MK, we were picked as Magic Family to open Tomorrowland. WOW! We got to ride Buzz first, then she gave us 4 tickets to Space Mountain and 26 FAST PASSES for any ride in MK!!!!! What an amazing start. Castaway Cay is amazing! I will see if I can find out about the helium tanks. I don't have much time, so I am going to go and maybe try and post more details later!

And THANKS Andy for putting the pics of the ship sailing!

I am sometimes in tears because I am so happy! :cool1:

Jack Sparrow couldn't have been there because he was here in DL with me this weekend for the red carpet premier!

WldWcnWmn said:
I just love the Double Dip Threads! Keep 'em coming! I need all the info I can get! Jack Sparrow didn't happen to be lounging on one of those hammocks in Serenity Bay did he? :lovestruc pirate: :lovestruc

Just what I was thinking.... :cloud9: :lovestruc :mickeyjum
But yeah, he was in our neck of the words this past week end...I should have stalked..but too busy with my kids. :confused3

Can't wait to hear more!

ibouncetoo said:
YEAH! Another live report on a double-dip cruise!

OK, any of you folks on the Magic want to take on an assignment? We're trying to find out if there is a helium tank (for baloons) on the ship. Someone wants to bring some special Princess baloons for their daughter's birthday and I was thinking it would be great to have some lime green baloons for our DIS luncheon on the Thu sea day. It may be that only the concierge would be able to arrange that, so we'd need to know if that is the case. Thanks in advance if anyone can find out this info!
I will try and find out. We are staying in a suite so I can ask concierge. I would doubt they would carry this on board. I know you can purchase small canisters, I will try to see if they will let you bring on on board.

We had great weather on CC yesterday. The cruise director said that if looked at the satellite maps, you would see cloud cover every where except one circle which landed right above CC!

This is our fifth cruise, but the first time we went to Serenity Bay while our teens did wild side and the teen beach. Wow, loved it! They have a grill there now, so they grilled chicken breasts and T-bone steaks (both very good) as well as a few other things. So much nicer than what they used to do, bringing over food from Cookies BBQ.

We went parasailing at the end of the day. I was scared to go, but a thread on DIS convinced me to try it. Loved it! A lot less movement than going on Soarin! We had a strong wind and he drove us around the Flying Dutchman pirate ship so we got to see it closer and from the air. On Friday we are doing the Eco Tour, and I saw the jet skis go fairly close to the pirate ship. One of our guides said his friend towed the ship over the previous day. It does not sail on its own. Definitely looks like a movie prop. I hope they move the crane soon so we can get pictures with out it on Friday on our second CC day.

The DISers would have made you proud last evening. The DIS team took first in the team competition at Magic Quest. We are not going to tell you anything other than that it is a scavenger hunt, you need to have the element of surprise to make it fun. None of us wanted to do it and were just going to wait for the 60s dance party to start, but we ended up having a riot! Well, of course it took Musicgirl to get the place going. I thing she was inspired by Pikey's lime green outfit.

reading the live threads, it's like vacationing with you (o.k. not really) but still :rolleyes1 I guess I'll have to get some computer time this trip to give back... Thanks for the live reports! Keep 'em coming.

I don't think we will be posting much if the Internet keeps being this slow. It takes minutes for the pages to refresh...must be a poor satellite connection or something.

Had brunch at Palo today. Rishi was our server. It was great!

They removed the piano from the Walt Suite on the Magic. I think it is permanent, because concierge said they were removing it from the web site picture. They said it had "unrepairable" damage a few weeks ago. Too bad, we were really looking forward to using it. We saw postings where people had food on it, etc., probably not thinking about the damage that could occur.

Concierge also mentioned that they are putting together new packages for stateroom celebrations. Due to the popularity of the magnetic signs on doors, they are thinking they will include something like that (the DIS boards strike again!). Concierge said they like looking at the new picture on our magnetic door sign, it changes each day. Musicgirl made them for us.

and spoke with a CM they do not carry a lot of the Stateroom gifts, and she also said they were revamping the packages. I hope they have really neat stuff by September! Bummer about the piano, the only piano I'll ever be able to afford to see will be in the lounges! Cat 12 for me baby! :rotfl2: :lmao:

I think that the Concierge set up food trays on there...as seen in the Halloween Cruise...but I don't think that they are the problem...more like someone banging on it or kids pulling on the wires
Image-70431E2B4F0411DA.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter