[Live] Home from 6/24/06 Magic

Would you please take a picture of the pirate ship and post it once you get back. I would love to see it.

Thanks!!

Hey cruisers....it's Costa Maya day! We really, really, really, want to her from folks who did the David & Ivan ruins tour! ::yes::

But, actually, I hope you all are having way too much fun to spend time on the computer.....just let us know as soon as you are all back home ;)

If anyone has the time tomorrow could they find out if Chankanaab park is actually open. There has been a debate going on for sometime and no one seems to know for sure. The park was suppose to open on the 19th so you guys would be the first DCL cruise going to Cozumel after the hopeful Grand Reopening.

TIA,

Jeff

Buddy Bear, I got an email yesterday telling me that Chankanaab had opened. It's not complete yet, i.e. Dophin swim, but it said the beach is open for snorkeling and such. The website is wilmacozumel dot com.

Dee

Doingitagain said...Had brunch at Palo today. Rishi was our server. It was great!

We had Rishi at Palo brunch last week. Wasn't he wonderful?!

Lisa

WldWcnWmn said:
and spoke with a CM they do not carry a lot of the Stateroom gifts, and she also said they were revamping the packages. I hope they have really neat stuff by September! Bummer about the piano, the only piano I'll ever be able to afford to see will be in the lounges! Cat 12 for me baby! :rotfl2: :lmao:

:crazy: Your not alone sister. But at least we are on the boat!!!!

:yay:

Doingitagain said:
I will try and find out. We are staying in a suite so I can ask concierge. I would doubt they would carry this on board. I know you can purchase small canisters, I will try to see if they will let you bring on on board.
Concierge said that DCL does not do helium balloons, either for themselves or for guests, because of the risk of the balloons going out to sea, an environmental issue. That makes sense. So you wouldn't be able to bring it on board either.

Today is Costa Maya day. We did the dune buggy excurson. It was fun, but the beach time was rained out. Driving back in the rain on bumpy roads without working windshield wipers was exciting. We had fun, but are back on the ship to eat and get cleaned up. They added extra activities this afternoon because of the rain.

We have good pictures of the pirate ship, they drove us right by it when Parasailing. When I get back I will see if I can figure out how to post a picture. First time for everything.

Did anyone say anything about a good beach at Costa Maya. We are looking for somewhere to spend the day, resort beach or otherwise close to the ship.
Thanks for the reports they are great! :thumbsup2

Doingitagain said:
Today is Costa Maya day. We did the dune buggy excurson. It was fun, but the beach time was rained out. Driving back in the rain on bumpy roads without working windshield wipers was exciting. We had fun, but are back on the ship to eat and get cleaned up. They added extra activities this afternoon because of the rain.

We have good pictures of the pirate ship, they drove us right by it when Parasailing. When I get back I will see if I can figure out how to post a picture. First time for everything.

I was thinking of doing one. do you think it was worth it? I was really looking foward to it.

imomtojd said:
Doingitagain said...Had brunch at Palo today. Rishi was our server. It was great!

We had Rishi at Palo brunch last week. Wasn't he wonderful?!

Lisa

We had Rishi as our server for dinner on our January cruise. He was wonderful.

sandym said:
We had Rishi as our server for dinner on our January cruise. He was wonderful.

Another Rishi fan here! We had him for Brunch and Dinner on our 5/27/2006 Double Dip!!! :woohoo:

deelee2 said:
Did anyone say anything about a good beach at Costa Maya. We are looking for somewhere to spend the day, resort beach or otherwise close to the ship.
Thanks for the reports they are great! :thumbsup2
They have a salt water pool in the middle of the shopping center. That is where we camped out with the kids. Saves $$ on taxi fare and it close enough to the ship where you can run back if you forget something or want to go back to eat and drink. Hope this helps

ibouncetoo said:
Hey cruisers....it's Costa Maya day! We really, really, really, want to her from folks who did the David & Ivan ruins tour! ::yes::

But, actually, I hope you all are having way too much fun to spend time on the computer.....just let us know as soon as you are all back home ;)
Jillpie's DH and DS18 went with David and Ivan. Ivan was there guide. Group of about 10 people. They both loved it. I mentioned this to Jillpie in case she can post something about it when she gets back.

tinytink said:
They have a salt water pool in the middle of the shopping center. That is where we camped out with the kids. Saves $$ on taxi fare and it close enough to the ship where you can run back if you forget something or want to go back to eat and drink. Hope this helps
We saw this walking back from our excursion. It looked fun for younger kids. The "swim up" bar looked fun!

We went on the Tulum Ruins tour during the Cozumel stop. A lot of travel for a few hours at the ruins, probably wouldn't do it again. The excursion people did the best they could, but they can't get around the travel time. Do not bring young children or strollers on this excursion. They recommend for over 10, believe them!

We took a ferry to the mainland with the Excaret and dolphin groups. A huge ferry. A lot of people got sick. Take Bonin or Dramamine before you go and you should be fine. We were. We sat down below in "airplane-like" seats. Above, you sit on hard benches. Sit toward the front if you can, especially when coming back. There are hundreds of people on the ferry and they only debark 15 people at a time to go through security. We were the first ones off, I don't know how long it took the others.

We had dinner at Palo...Rishi again, he was wonderful. DD17 and DS14 dressed for pirates night and had fun at dinner with the other DISers we linked reservations with.

I am enjoying your trip report, it is helping me pass the time till ours...

I do have a question if you don't mind.

Can you see if they sell Mickey ears in the shops onboard??
We are traveling with friends who have never been to WDW or on a cruise, and their girls want Mickey ears.

The last thing I want to do after a 10 hour drive, is to go to Downtown Disney to buy ears on a Friday night if they have them on the ship.

Thank you for the posts, and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I will check on the Mickey ears if I remember. I know they have a much larger selection of pirate merchandise on board this time!

Have you looked at ordering them from disney online?

An even better suggestion on the Mickey Ears...contact Shirley at theperfectgift.cc and have her get them for you and have them in their stateroom. Shirley did some fun things for our teens, and it was so nice to have them waiting in our stateroom without having to lug them around. Shirley put together specific things based on our requests, they don't have to be the baskets pictured on their web site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter