[Live] Home from 6/24/06 Magic

Hey Marie (doingitagain) your report has been really so helpful for so many - how did Beth like her stuff especially the bag, lei and flower hair clip? Anyhow glad you are having such a great time.
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always
Shirley

snelsonbrown said:
Hey Marie (doingitagain) your report has been really so helpful for so many - how did Beth like her stuff especially the bag, lei and flower hair clip? Anyhow glad you are having such a great time.
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always
Shirley
Hi, Shirley! Beth and Michael both liked their bags. We are all having a great time, sorry it is going by so quickly!

Bethipooh4 said:
I am enjoying your trip report, it is helping me pass the time till ours...

I do have a question if you don't mind.

Can you see if they sell Mickey ears in the shops onboard??
We are traveling with friends who have never been to WDW or on a cruise, and their girls want Mickey ears.

The last thing I want to do after a 10 hour drive, is to go to Downtown Disney to buy ears on a Friday night if they have them on the ship.

Thank you for the posts, and enjoy the rest of your cruise!
Yes, the shops have a selection of Mickey ears. Don't forget pirate costumes of some sort...more and more kids are dressing up that night. You get a bandana in the restaurant. And Shirley put "glow sticks" in the baskets for our kids, which was great so we didn't have to buy them on DCL.

Doingitagain said:
Yes, the shops have a selection of Mickey ears. Don't forget pirate costumes of some sort...more and more kids are dressing up that night. You get a bandana in the restaurant. And Shirley put "glow sticks" in the baskets for our kids, which was great so we didn't have to buy them on DCL.

THANK YOU for checking for me.....I really do appreciate you taking the time out of your cruise to check!!

Enjoy the rest of your time, and I am looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report!
Beth

Our second CC day today. They had "heaps" of Twice the Magic T-shirts after their shortage last time (although they did take names and mail shirts to guests who came after they ran out during May's trip).

They also have hats, mugs (the kind that has fake ice inside that you can freeze and use as a "frosted" mug) and bags. I will try to post pictures.

They still don't have a pin. Big marketing mistake on their part.

We're back from our trip (trying to get over the fact that someone else is in our room having fun now :sad2: ) What an AWESOME cruise. We had such a great time with our fellow disers.

Day 1:
We were a little worried about the storm off the coast when we woke up to cloudy skies. Arrival at the port (we were driving from the Beach Club) and check in went very smoothly. The number system seems to work great, much better than standing in the stampede line they used to have :lmao: The new life jackets made the drill a little more comfortable (and they didn't cram us as much this time)! Just in time for the sail away party and the dismeet, a little black rain cloud appearred overhead. Just as the music was starting, big rain drops started to fall. We all still had a great (and wet) time. We took some portraits (Lifestyle portraits) in the atrium before dinner. We had not seen these before (different than the pictures with a "cruise" background). It is just a white background, You take your shoes off and the photographer really spends some time with you and takes about 10 different pictures. My husband and I had on our "island-style" clothes (we were eating in PC) and the pictures came out so great we bought several of them. We saw some really cute pictures of families in Shutters as well-we would definetly recommend.

Day 2: Castaway Cay
We were really excited about the pirate ship (The cruise director told us at the show the night before) so we stood on our verandah as we were pulling in to CC to get a close look. We were really lucky that the ship was right outside our door on the first day, so we could really see the amazing detail on the ship. A very special treat to all that get to see it. We spent the entire day on Serenity Bay (the first ones there and the last ones to leave). We just love that place!!!! The Konk Koolers tasted soo much sweeter, knowing we were going back for a double dip!!! We had Cabana Massages in the morning-very nice-great way to start our trip!!!

Day 3: At Sea
We started the morning with brunch at Palo (shouldn't every day start like that) It was wonderful, as always. They had changed a few things since we had been there last in 2004. But all for the better. They had smaller desserts (so you could try more) and some new items on the seafood part of the buffet. We were told they had a new chef. We went to the art auction and hated it. Felt like we wasted an hour of our cruise. We really miss the silent auction for the "cruise" memoriabilia. The afternoon was the exotic rasual treatment in the spa. We had done this before and didn't really spend much time in the steam room, but this time, we found out about the cold water hose and really loved the time in the steam room, it was really refreshing!! And who doesn't like throwing mud at their spouse! This was formal night and I have to say I was surprised by the number of men in tuxes. On previous cruises we hadn't seen too many people dressing up.

Day 4: Costa Maya
What can we say-WE LOVED IT!!! (I will say that we really enjoy small non-commercialized towns: We talked to quite a few people that didn't like CM) We went to Majuhaul which was a short taxi ride away ($5pp each way) this small fishing village is full of friendly locals and beautiful scenery. The people can be a little aggressive with selling their items, but this is their way of life. Don't be offended or affraid, you can say no. The upside is that you can find some beautiful hand-made items and get a really great deal. It started to pour while we were there, but we took cover under a little tiki-hut bar with fellow disers, and enjoyed the best margarita's we've ever had!!! This was definetly one of our favorite ports (second to St. Marteen) Then of course back at the port of Costa Maya, my husbands life-long dream came true: he got to have a drink from the swim-up bar in the saltwater pool.

Day 5: Cozumel
We did the Fury Catamaran Snorkel, Sail, and Beach Party. We liked the Sail but weren't to fond of the snorkel and beach party. After about a three minute ride, we were at the snorkel location, along with four other catamarans (each with about 100 people on them). The guide did explain that the reefs had been ruined from the hurricane last year, but I didn't realize the extreme devastation. They still had beautiful fish but hardly any structure. What we didn't like about the snorkel, is that they make everyone stay huddled in a ball of people. You weren't free to roam. As you can imagine, A tight ball of inexperienced snorkelers leads to a few fins to the face and constant screaming. My husband and I are experinced snorkelers and realize that everyone has to start somewhere, but maybe they could have let us go out of the herd a little. We even got back on the boat before the alloted time was up, because we had been kicked and pushed enough!! The sail was beautiful and the free beer and margaritas, magnificent! After about 30 minutes, we landed on Fury beach, which ws also a disappointment. Maybe part of it was because it was a dreary day, nothing looked bright and happy, but it was a very small beach for all these catamarans. It was nice that they had floats and kayaks for you to use free of charge, and my husband enjoyed playing volleyball. The drinks were free on the beach also, but you had to pay for the hamburgers (I'm not really sure how anyone could eat or drink there since the grill and bar were located right next to the bathroom and smelled awful) After about an hour on the beach, we got back on the boat and headed back to the magic. It was a nice ride again, they turned up the dance music and people were dancing on the front deck. The kids really seemed to enjoy it. We decided not to shop at the port, it was raining, and we had done it on a previous cruise and were not too impressed. We went back on the Magic and jumped in the adult pool and had lunch. Then, it was time to get ready for "Cars" and Pirate night! We had waited to see cars, because we knew we'd see it on the boat. We loved it!!!! Great movie (thanks for the hints on staying for the final credits!!) Pirate dinner was fun, although we did feel a little rushed to get out to the party. We were pleasantly surprised by the number of people dressed up in pirate outfits!!! It was a fun party and excellent show. With spectacular fireworks, well as spectacular as you can get on a cruise ship.

Day 6: Another day at sea.
Slept in late and had a light breakfast at Topsiders. We spent the morning enjoying the ship and headed to Parrot Cay for the Seafood Lunch Buffet. We really didn't care for the buffet too much, would have been much happier with a panini from Goofy's or Room Service! We spent the afternoon in the spa. We did the Couples Choice treatment in the Spa Villas. It was remarkable!! We were taken right to the villa (didn't have to get a locker and change) and the robes were waiting for us on the beds. They explained the treatment and were told to put the robes on and have seat on the balcony. It started with a foot soak and exfoliation. Then were got into the whirlpool and were able to relax for about 25 min. Then we laid on the massage beds for our treatments. We both did the hot stones treatment, and I would definetly recommend it! It was amazing, much better than an ordinary massage. The massage lasted for about 75 min. and then we put our robes back on and went outside to the bed on the balcony to relax and have some tea and fruit. It was definelty the most romantic time on the boat. The villas are absolutely gorgeous! As for the shows, don't miss twice charmed if you've never seen it. Great show!! We finished the evening with dinner at Palo. The food and service was fantastic! My husband just LOVES that chocolate souffle.

Day 7: Castaway Cay (double dip)
The weather was even better and the beach even more beautiful the second time around. The pirate ship (Flying Dutchman) had been moved into place, so we took some great pictures as we walked by. I would recommend walking instead of the tram if you want to get a closer look at the ship. We checked out the twice the magic merchandise, but were not impressed by anything. I REALLY wanted a pin (they sure missed the boat on that one!!)Then, of course, it was back to Serenity Bay. We had the best waitress on this beach (Melissa) she worked soo hard to bring us our drinks. After a few konk Koolers we ordered a bucket of beer, and she brought ice to us to keep our beers cold all day, she even noticed us in the water empty-handed and offered to bring us a beer down. Come on now, how can you refuse that service!!! She was awesome. Needless to say, we remembered her on our comment card at the end of the cruise. The lunch was fabulous, T-bone steaks and lobster how do you beat surf and turf on a beautiful beach!! Not to mention the delicious fruit bar, huge cookies, and ice cream machine!!! As we headed back to the ship, we were of course sad to be leaving, but also glad that we were lucky enough to spend two days in paradise this trip!

Hope you enjoy our trip report, Thanks, David & Jamie

Marie, awesome job on the live thread!!!!

Hi Jamie and David!!!! We just got back. Awesome time! My report will have to wait until Mon or so cause we are back on the road!!!

All of you out there, make sure you go and meet people on the thread and follow through with the dis meets. We had a BLAST meeting everyone!!!

musicgirl said:
All of you out there, make sure you go and meet people on the thread and follow through with the dis meets. We had a BLAST meeting everyone!!!

Tip from me - write down the times and locations of the DIS meets! I couldn't remember what side of the ship the sailaway meet was. I chased DS all around the decks and never saw the group meet.

Hey Lorie glad you all made it home safe! We had alot of fun Thanks!

Charla it was nice to finally meet you at the 2nd CC stop, keep up the scrapbooking!

I know you guys are sad tonite, but glad you are safely home. Did anyone hear of any good beach experiences in Cozumel? Chankanaab?

We got a taxi to Chankanaab ($10 total for 3) but then he tells us that only a few areas are open to the public & that he did not recommend it. For $3 more we went to Paradise Beach. I wasn't highly impressed. I know they pumped a lot of "sand" back onto the beaches after the hurricane....but this stuff was not sand at all. It was tiny bits of shell and coral, etc. There were quite a few rocks about 2-3 foot from the shoreline. My big toe got a nasty cut. There was really only 1 area to get into the water. We have a toddler so we did not get the bracelet to use the water toys. They did look like fun. Ugg, I'm having trouble w/ my memory stick..more later :)

Here's a shot of the Flying Dutchman in front of the Magic. I took this on 6/30/06.
1000366medium6iu.jpg

Great job Marie on this thread. I miss you already. We had a fantastic cruise with you, Lorie and our families, I'll never forget it. How much fun did we have in Rockin Bar D, ha?

Fellow Disers, don't be afraid to hook up with other Disers on board! We had the time of our lives. We were tablemates with Musicgirl and Marie was next door to our table and we became close friends quickly. We ended up meeting every night and partied the night away. It was so much fun. Especially when my husband fought for the title of the Elvis impersonation :thumbsup2 . That one won me a nice mini facial!

We snorkeled with Eagle Ray divers with Musicgirl's family and loved it. If you want details, let me know, it was a fantastic excursion.

We also went to Mahuahal beach. Had a great time with another diser and her Mom.

We also went to Disneyworld for 6 days before this cruise and had a great time at the Beach Club Villas. It was a fantastic trip, but what made it so awesome was all the Disers we ended up meeting. :grouphug:

Now I need to start my photo album, all 500 pictures! :love:

Jillpie said:
Great job Marie on this thread. I miss you already. We had a fantastic cruise with you, Lorie and our families, I'll never forget it. How much fun did we have in Rockin Bar D, ha?

Fellow Disers, don't be afraid to hook up with other Disers on board! We had the time of our lives. We were tablemates with Musicgirl and Marie was next door to our table and we became close friends quickly. We ended up meeting every night and partied the night away. It was so much fun. Especially when my husband fought for the title of the Elvis impersonation :thumbsup2 . That one won me a nice mini facial!

We snorkeled with Eagle Ray divers with Musicgirl's family and loved it. If you want details, let me know, it was a fantastic excursion.

We also went to Mahuahal beach. Had a great time with another diser and her Mom.

We also went to Disneyworld for 6 days before this cruise and had a great time at the Beach Club Villas. It was a fantastic trip, but what made it so awesome was all the Disers we ended up meeting. :grouphug:

Now I need to start my photo album, all 500 pictures! :love:
Ditto, Jill! I think I have a picture of Don with the Elvis act. I have one of Lorie leading us in Music Quest, but she was jumping up and down and she jumped her head out of my picture frame. Go team #2!

Jill, don't forget that some people are looking for feedback on David and Ivan's tour.

I think my DD was trying to IM your DS tonight!

I am trying to figure out how to post the picture from Beaches and Cream. My profile says I can't post attachments.

Doingitagain said:
Jill, don't forget that some people are looking for feedback on David and Ivan's tour.

We're going with them in September, I would like to know what you thought of their tour. Thanks

Are you going to post your Navigators I am really looking forward to checking them out and comparing them with the first DD. ;) :woohoo:
Thanks
Devin

Doingitagain said:
Ditto, Jill! I think I have a picture of Don with the Elvis act. I have one of Lorie leading us in Music Quest, but she was jumping up and down and she jumped her head out of my picture frame. Go team #2!

I think my DD was trying to IM your DS tonight!

I am trying to figure out how to post the picture from Beaches and Cream. My profile says I can't post attachments.

Team #2 ROCKS :thumbsup2 ! I'll let Pat know about Beth trying to reach him. Of course he was out with his friends all day and night yesterday catching up. I'm sure she was too. Is she packed yet?

For those looking for David and Ivan's tour info, my DH and DS18 went on it. They wanted to let you all know how fantastic it was. The directions on their website are very clear and easy. They found it with no problems. They got a quick talk at the meeting place and then they were on their way. It took about 45 minutes to get to the ruins, with Ivan talking the whole way. They absolutely loved the fact that he actually lives there and his knowledge was astounding. It was fascinating. And he made it very personal, since it was such a small group. After the tour was over, they offered them drinks of water and juice. If you have any more specific questions, I'd be glad to ask my DH for you.

Marie, my pics came out terrific. I can't wait to print them out and start the photo album. :) You should see the one with me and Pikey in his pink tu tu on the last night :rotfl: !

Jillpie said:
Team #2 ROCKS :thumbsup2 ! I'll let Pat know about Beth trying to reach him. Of course he was out with his friends all day and night yesterday catching up. I'm sure she was too. Is she packed yet?

Marie, my pics came out terrific. I can't wait to print them out and start the photo album. :) You should see the one with me and Pikey in his pink tu tu on the last night :rotfl: !
Beth isn't fully unpacked yet, much less repacked. We still have some clothes shopping to do! She spent most of her "free time" on the Internet catching up with people. We wouldn't let her go out because she has 9-9 rehearsals every day.

As soon as I get the pics from Beth's camera, I will send you and Lorie a CD. The ones I have seen look very nice!

For those of you going on future cruises, check for your cruise meet thread and find people with similar interests and/or ages of children. It worked out so well for us! This was our fifth cruise, and we had the most fun because we knew other people to do things with.

Marie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter