Live Trip Report from AKV (with pics)

Do you all realize that as of this posting, this thread has been viewed 12,200 plus times?!! :scared1: We certainly are a bunch of anxious people aren't we?

popcorn::

This has to be the longest running thread where the poster has stopped responding....like 5 days ago!! :confused3

have read from page one to now... most excited as we are going to AKL in mid June....

Buckeye Fan has been so helpful on these boards and was sharing such a wonderful trip report. I'm hoping that her computer died and her family is well and healthy.

Aren't YOU wondering about some other woman calling him "her Prince" back in the day? I was chuckling until I read that...wait a minute...isn't he married to pjstevens? who is this woman that is calling him "her Prince" if it's not pjstevens?
Private Investigater buisness in Broward County. When i called the offices of Cindy Rella

I was initially wonder who was calling my hubby prince (back in the day, lol) until I read CLOSER that it was Cindy Rella!!! :rotfl:

But wait, how'd you know he was married to me? :goodvibes could be the pic in his siggie, kind of looks like mine, lol.

I was initially wonder who was calling my hubby prince (back in the day, lol) until I read CLOSER that it was Cindy Rella!!! :rotfl:

But wait, how'd you know he was married to me? :goodvibes could be the pic in his siggie, kind of looks like mine, lol.

I was rereading his post and then got the AHA moment;)

You spilled earlier that you were "related". Then looked at your siggies....yeah.

Oh man - I don't know how I missed this thread! Thanks so much for the wonderful pictures and the awesome TR... you've made me miss my AKV home so much more! Can't wait to get back there. I loved the photos. :)

Hi, guys! I'm back, and sorry to go MIA on everyone! :scared: I did have connection problems, and the postings died!!!

I will continue the trip report (now that I'm back), but will put you out of your misery...I couldn't get pics of the pool. I did try, though. :sad2:

I can't wait to go back and read the posts!!! Just the last page alone is a hoot!!!

And now...I'm downloading pics and will start where I left off! Let's all pretend I'm still there, because I sure want to be!!! :goodvibes

Hi, guys! I'm back, and sorry to go MIA on everyone! :scared: I did have connection problems, and the postings died!!!

I will continue the trip report (now that I'm back), but will put you out of your misery...I couldn't get pics of the pool. I did try, though. :sad2:

I can't wait to go back and read the posts!!! Just the last page alone is a hoot!!!

And now...I'm downloading pics and will start where I left off! Let's all pretend I'm still there, because I sure want to be!!! :goodvibes
Sorry vacation is over and you're back in the real world. But, hey, time to start planning for the next visit to the World!

Look forward to the pics!! Thanks for taking the time to post 'em.

Welcome Back Buckeye Fan! We're all happy to hear you made it back safe and sound. I look forward to the rest of your TR and pics.

Lazy Day...
Tuesday ended up being a lazy, rainy day. This was the "worst" day of our trip, if you can call it that. We hung out in the room almost all afternoon, but ate at Boma that evening. Boy, do the animals love it after it stops raining. They were moving and shaking, and our sweet little friend was still out off our balcony, joined on occasion by the ostriches! :laughing:

P1020333.jpg

P1020343.jpg

One other thing...I never realized how crappy the TV stations at Disney are! I think we should all lobby for good cable TV!!! :lmao: I'm pretty sick of Hannah Montana after this trip, even though I like the show. DD watched it most of the day (Disney channel was running back to back episodes) while DS played Xbox (you should see the funny looks from airport security, as he unpacks it from his backpack!!!). We were trying to pick up some of the hockey games, and didn't have much luck. I felt like I was in Vegas, where they never want you to know what time it is, and they don't want you in your room. You can only watch DVC infomercials and Tips for the parks so many times. I'm telling you, I would chip in an extra $30 a year in dues to have a better TV package!!! :rolleyes1 Anyway...moving on.

Dinner at Boma
Boma...hmmmm...Well, I wished I could say we liked it. The food wasn't poorly prepared; however, we just didn't care for the type of foods or the seasonings. I'm really glad we tried it, but we won't be going back. There was very little American fare offered on the buffet (in case you didn't care for the ethnic foods). We tried practically everything, so it sure wasn't for lack of trying! To me, this is one of those places you either love or hate. Pardon my overall lack of culture here, but the food seemed to use many of the same spices Indian food does. Don't be afraid to try it, but we just found it wasn't for us! :goodvibes On the up side, the discount we got almost covered 1/3 of the total cost of our Tables in Wonderland card!!! :woohoo: This trip alone paid for the card. If you have APs, eat out at Disney and are considering buying one, it's well worth the cost! :thumbsup2 We got a 20% discount almost everywhere we went.

Downtown Disney
After Boma, we ended up going to Downtown Disney. Boy, do I LOVE DTD. Just being there reminds me of why I fell in love with SSR. It is just beautiful at night from DTD. I'm so sorry I didn't get a pic to post for you SSR lovers! There were too many people, and a concert was going on, so I couldn't get over to the lake to take a picture. It was especially pretty with the bright pink sky. You can see it in the picture of Fulton's.

P1020358.jpg

Oh my goodness was DTD crowded. It was more crowded than the parks! Seriously! :scared: I was scared to death I'd lose DD in the crowds. Not so much DS, as if someone did take him, they would bring him back. :rolleyes1 Okay...just kidding, but it was REALLY crowded.

We walked around and stopped by several shops, but after hitting the Disney store and waiting in line 20 minutes (not exaggerating) to go to the restroom, we decided to head home. It was great being there, though!

P1020345.jpg

P1020346.jpg

P1020355.jpg

P1020356.jpg

P1020361.jpg

P1020352.jpg

P1020354.jpg

Tomorrow...
On deck for tomorrow...Hollywood Studios and Mama Melrose's! :thumbsup2

One other thing...I never realized how crappy the TV stations at Disney are! I think we should all lobby for good cable TV!!!

Loved your report and pics Buckeye Fan :thumbsup2 I agree about the TV channels. Been saying for years here on the DIS. Gosh forbid you get a really bad weather day....or someone doesn't feel well and you're stuck in the room. Disney TV is b-a-d/boring for the most part. We like to bring a few DVD's.

Sorry you didn't like Boma.....it's one of our favs and "must-do's". Your kids are very cute :)

Maria

You're home safe - but sorry your vacation is over. You had us all going crazy here.

More wonderful pics! YAY! Sorry to hear about computer problems but so glad you didn't disappear. :rotfl: The postings during your "quiet time" were hilarious. I can't wait to see and read more about your trip. Glad you made it home safely.

Definitely go back and read all the posts! Some were hilarious!!!
Sorry you are back in the real world! I know it's tough to get back into the swing of things. Thanks for coming back and continuing your report! We all missed hearing from you.:)

Welcome back home. Sorry you couldn't get a pic of the pool, at least we know that Mickey police didn't arrest you :rotfl:
Wow the pic of sunset in DTD is great. I'm glad you gave a warning on Bomas, we have ressies in May. Absolutely agree that Disney needs to up grade there tv package, especially when you wind up staying in the room for a day. Can't wait for more pics :yay:

So what was it that finally broke you out of mouse prison? Was it the marines or the cheese bribes?:laughing: We were having a good time here waiting for you to come back to your thread!:thumbsup2

I am also in 100% agreement about the tv stations. It always makes me feel like Disney is going a little too "Big Brother" on us, telling us we can only watch Disney propaganda and all other entertainment has been BANNED!:scared1: It's probably the only thing i don't like about being there! Fortunately I'm never in the room too much to get all that upset about it.:)

Your photo of Fultons- the sky was AMAZING!!! It must have been a beautiful sunset!

Thanks for the update!

Ellen

Welcome back! The sky in your Downtown Disney picture looks gorgeous! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! :)

YEAH!!!, You're back!!!:banana: So glad that you are home safe, hope you guys had a very magical rest of the trip. Looks like Tuesday was great. So sorry you didn't like Boma, now I'm worried for our meal there on our trip. Did they have stuff for the kids that weren't ethnic? :confused3
Can't wait for more, thanks for a great report!
Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter