London Dis meet

disneykins

DIS Veteran
There seems to be a lot of interest in a London meet so lets get the ball rolling.
We were thinking November 8. Its a Saturday, Julie will be back with pictures and its before the weather gets too unpredictable (hopefully). White Oaks mall food court would probably be too busy on a Saturday so what about Tiger Jacks again.
Let me know if you have other dates or places and we'll try to get it organized over the next few weeks.

The date sounds good. I'd like to avoid the food court at White Oaks. It can be a zoo. Either of the Jacks sounds good. My mother will probably come as well. Tigers is right around the corner from me.

Just let me know time, date and how to get there!

Scratch
:smooth:

Give us a time that happens to be 20 days exactly till we leave to go to WDW so it would be great to see everyone before we leave and to see Julies pictures.

Might be tough for us. DD has a volleyball tournament at Monseigneur Bruyere that day and a hockey game against Chatham at Argyle Arena at 4:30pm. But it doesn't matter which weekend you pick in November, we have something scheduled, generally involving small frozen pieces of rubber.

- Mike

sunday would be better for me, but if everyone agrees on the saturday date i will try to come for a quick visit and work the afternoon shift, all depends on how early you guys decide to meet.
kathe:D

Rats!! DH and I are going to be in the area October 16-17 and hoped maybe you'd have one on the 18 so that we could stick around and make it, but the 8 of Nov is out for us! Have a great meet though!

Sounds like a great idea ! I'd love to come. Once a time is posted, I will also PM NativeTxn because she has talked about driving up from Michigan for a Dis Meet.

Mary Liz

Hi.. I just booked a trip to London to visit SuAnne and Hayley on Oct 31st - Nov 2... looks like I am missing your meet by a week :(

>>^..^<<

ROLL CALL

for November 8th London Dis Meet.

Here's who has responded in the positive so far:

Disneykins
Wtg
Scratch42
DsnyFn
Maryliz
Pm Native Txn
KatyPop - if it's early enough

Assuming two people for at least some of these parties, that's about a dozen people, which I think is more than last time. It is certainly worth doing for this amount of fans.

So now we just need a time and a decision between the two Jacks. Since Disneykins started the thread I would leave it to them to decide unless they wish to defer.

Good Wedesday Afternoon Everyone,

I know that I am up for this meet as well as my sister. I'd prefer a lunch time meet as my son's school is having a spaghetti dinner and silent auction that night and I'm in charge of the silent auction part.

Let me know when and where to be. Having just got home on Sunday from WDW I'm still in the let down stage before planning my next trip.

Have a great day everyone!!

Count me in, too. I'll PM our dear leader on the WISH board (native texan) for a "heads up". Do either provide Atkins friendly meals? Good chicken caesar salads? WW friendly food? Good friends. Good food. Good weather (fingers crossed) Here we come!

Thanks for the pm, Debbie. I would love to attend this meet! I think I am free that Saturday, we have a trip to Savannah, Georgia that month but I think it is the following week.

Someone <i>will</i> give me their cell phone number just in case I get lost and can't find y'all? I'm still embarrassed about not being able to find the group at the Toronto meet :rolleyes:

When you get the date, time and place decided will you post this on our DIS meets board? That way I can add it to the meets index :)

I'm looking forward to this meet :)

Katholyn

count me in! ::yes:: i'm training someone to take over for me on my trip in dec, this will be the perfect chance to let them have a "rehearsal" , they're available so i'm taking nov 8th off work:D
kathe:sunny:

Hi everyone! November 8 looks okay for me as long as the weather cooperates. I hope someone can bring a lap top because I took over 400 pics with my digital camera and I'm going to put them on a CD. I also have three rolls of film from my trusty old Pentax too, mainly from MNSSHP.

I just got home last night and now that I have everything put away, the reality that my trip is over is sinking in. :(

Looks like this will be a big meet if everyone can make it.
So far the list is:
DISNEYKINS
WTG 2000
SCRATCH42
DSNYFN
MARYLIZ
NATIVETXN
KATYPOP
SUSANONTARIO
DEBBIE
TIMNDANSMOM

Thats 10 Disers plus guests, so if we figure 20 people so far and make a reservation at Tiger Jacks for Saturday November 8th at 1:00. Tiger Jacks is a sports bar with a section set aside for quieter pursuits. We could get a table there to have room to spread pictures, etc. Its at the corner of Southdale and Wharncliffe Rds. in south London. From the 401 you go north on Wellington Rd. Left at Southdale (about 1 mile north of 401) and west on Southdale Rd. to just before the 6 th light ( a little over a mile). Tiger Jacks is next to Hooks restaurant near the Brick and Sears.
If anyone needs better directions we can figure it out closer to the date.
Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Sounds good to us we will see everyone there it will be myself and Lisa and the 3 kids

I'll be there, and I'm pretty sure my Mom will come. See you all at 1pm. I'll bring my pictures of Tokyo DisneySea!

I've already pulled out my MapQuest to find the place!

See you all at 1:00 p.m. or thereabouts!

It'll it be great to meet the old friends and make new ones!

We'll bring all our pics too!

See ya!

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter