Long wait for guide to return call

owensjro

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced really long waits for their guide to call them back. I've left 3 messages now for our guide and it has been over a week with no word from him.

We have an AKV contract for 150 points but decided we want to do 200. I'd like to just get this contract updated so we still qualify for the $93.

Jim

Yep, we had the same experience.
However, after a week of leaving a couple of messages at each of his numbers (specifically stating we were buying an AKV add-on, not just looking for info), my DH called the central DVC # 407-827-4911 (SSR's Preview Center) and intimated that if we didn't get a call back "very soon", we would be asking for a new guide. :mad:
Miraculously :rolleyes1 , our guide called back within the hour!
Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!!:rotfl:

Yes , same thing we me...I have called 4 times, ours is Jeff. He did answer one call but we missed it ..that was over 6 days ago...I have left 3 messages since, with no reply...We wanted to buy into AKL ...I am really thinking of going with another guide...we purchased thourgh the timeshare store so I never have used him.he was the guide assigned to us...How do I go about getting another guide...thanks..amy

Odd. I did once have a slight delay in getting a call back from my guide, BUT....

His voicemail said that he was on vacation and would be returning on day X. I left a message at about day 4 of a week-long vacation so presumably there were other messages ahead of me. AND, he actually called back about 9pm the night before he was supposed to return to work.

So, realistically, I was really impressed with his service and in comparison I can't understand how what you are describing occurs.

Good luck!

I am very dissapointed...we wanted to buy before the incentive expired....I am going to try again...thanks..amy

Just as a hint don't update your contract. Get another contract for 50 points. If you sell it'll be easier to sell 2 small contracts then 1 big one.

I am very dissapointed...we wanted to buy before the incentive expired....I am going to try again...thanks..amy

Try leaving a message in which you explicitly say that you will buy AKV with the current incentive BUT that you will NOT purchase without it.

(Yes, it might be stretching a point since you likely want to purchase either way but it could get you a phone call. Plus, then if your guide calls back after the promotion ends you can reference your message--record date and time--and indicate that you are still willing to buy with the promotion given that you did everything you needed to do in order to qualify.)

Worth a try, right?

Well, Bobby finally called back. He said that when I called last Monday I was #96 in his queue. He said he was calling me back early (I was still #17 or something) because I was being so persistent. I don't think he was happy, but you know it took less than 5 minutes to work out the details. It's just a simple 55 points going on a credit card. Very easy for them to deal with.

Anyway, we're doing a second contract. Should get the paperwork in 10-14 days.

Jim

Randy Kruger is my guide, and even after being off a week on vacation...he still called me.....Randy is just a great guide!!
Doug

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter