Loved LeCellier last year, but this year... :(

Not to be picky here but DS ordered the small steak on the lunch menue and I really don't remember anything about a BBQ glaze on the steak mentioned on the menue but yes it was there plus they served the steak on top of french fries, on mashpotatoes fine but FF? Their menue has changed so much it is hard to keep up with it. I will say last time we ate here the mushroom steak was soooo good, as was the service. This time :confused3

Bev

Bev J said:
Sorry you had a bad experience at LC. We too did not have a good one either, very similar to your experience. That sauce ruined the steak, it might have been ok on the side but my DS-11 does not like anything on his meat and the menue should indicate there is a 'glaze' on it. We would have ordered it plain.

The menu does say there is a glaze on it.

chrissyk said:
Thank you for posting this thread. I think that we are going to take LeCellier off our ADR's for our upcoming trip. There are just too many so-so or bad reviews for this restaurant lately.

You know, you really should try it for yourself. Even though I was a bit disappointed with our meal...I honestly think it was because of the huge crowds that were taking advantage of the free dining promo. I'll be giving them another try in the future and realize now that many of us have higher expectations than normal after reading all the reviews on these boards. If Le Cellier was guilty of anything, it was trying to accomodate as many people as possible and I really shouldn't find fault with that as I was one of them! (BTW, even with an over 40 minute wait there were still gobs of people doing everything they could to try and get a table *anytime* during their visit. I even heard a couple of people demanding to speak to the manager!)

I am a concierge on Disney property and I am hearing A LOT of this!!!! Many guests are complaining that since it got popular, food quaility and service has gone way down due to high volume in the restaurant. Serves me right for talking it up too much! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your review. Sorry to hear it was a disappointing meal. Le Cellier has always been one of our faves and we're looking forward to going back in January. Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised with the food & service, despite the negative reviews I've been reading. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter