Magic Your Way Plus Free Dining Details

DisneyMomJen said:
I talked to a wonderful operator and were booked! She said the YMP code just activated in the system while we were talking. Poly 3 nights 5 of us with a 1 day ticket - $1313. We could not use a AA discount. We have annual passes so I am not sure if this is definitely the way to go. We originally had Contemporary tower booked for 3 nights at an AP rate for $900. $413 difference which would include all of our meals.

Okay here is my question, I have AP for me and DD but my mom needs tickets. I have read that you might save money if you buy just one day and then use your AP for the rest of the stay. So could I buy a 4 day pass for my mom and then just one day for us. DO i have to buy a pass for everyone in the party to get the package or could I just get the tickets for my mom and the package for everyone else. Make any sense???

hockey mom said:
Sorry one more question. If a family of 5 wanted to stay in a value we need to rooms so I would I have to make 2 seperate reservations or will they automatically book me 2 rooms?

I just made a reservation for my family of 5 -2 rooms at POP. It was no problem to do two rooms on the one reservation with FREE Dining Plan -yeah!!!

Of course now I am second guessing myself as to whether I should have done Port Orleans -Riverside. Two rooms at POP vs. POR room with fridge and one more day there.

Oh, well I could second quess myself to death. I just need to be happy it looks like we are headed back!!

disneyw/kids said:
Okay here is my question, I have AP for me and DD but my mom needs tickets. I have read that you might save money if you buy just one day and then use your AP for the rest of the stay. So could I buy a 4 day pass for my mom and then just one day for us. DO i have to buy a pass for everyone in the party to get the package or could I just get the tickets for my mom and the package for everyone else. Make any sense???

You must purchase a ticket for everyone in the room. I believe that they also all have to be the same number of days!

Sorry, just had to vent a little frustration over the fact that my TA won't be in the office until 9 am and we are on Central Standard Time. Sure hope there's something left by the time I can call! By the way, I called the Disney number just to make sure I couldn't change it myself and I got right on with a CM who knew all about the new package. If I hadn't already paid the deposit, I would have made another ressie. Oh, well, I hope it's not a mistake to wait! Good luck everyone! :cheer2:

Just got off the phone with CRO, The CM knew about the package but it took awhile because my needs were a little unusual- plus the first time she gave me a rate it included the charges for the dining (which were $750 total). So even if they say they're giving you free dining- make sure the numbers make sense- in this case she just didn't realize she had to enter the code into the computer (I didn't need to give her the code, though.) She was patient, I was patient- and it worked out great!

I had a AAA rate but had to cancel that to do this- I had been saving about $180 total on the rooms with AAA and now paying rack but this still works out to such a great deal for us (I have 3 growing boys and they can EAT!)

We're a family of 5 staying at Pop. I booked two rooms separately because we need different tickets (I'm taking a trip with my sis later in the year and wanted longer tickets.) So we're paying two deposits- normally if you don't need different tickets they'll book two rooms together and only charge one deposit.

Details:
Room 1: 5 nights at Pop, one adult, 2 teens, 1 child. Four 5 day MYW base tickets, free dining: $1214.58.
Room 2: 5 nights at Pop, one adult, one 10 day MYW with no exp. tickets, free dining: $758.59.

HayGan said:
You must purchase a ticket for everyone in the room. I believe that they also all have to be the same number of days!

yes, the tickets that you purchase w/the package (room/tix/meals) must all be the exact same ticket for each member of the party... the trick though is to upgrade some of those tickets after you check in...

i.e. for the lady w/the mom and daughter... lady has AP, DD has AP, mom needs tickets... buy everyone a one day no hop pass, upgrade mom's to however many days, hopper, plus, whatever you desire for her... it's really simple! :flower:

According to my AAA agent, you can't get a AAA discounted room & the new "free" dining package. Here's the email she sent to me:

I just spoke with Disney and I do have you confirmed under the free dining package. However, this special is not combinable with the AAA Magic Moments savings. The package will remain the same except you will not be saving money on the room portion. The 7 day park hopper and room remain the same as well as the dining. The new package total is $3246.20, a savings of 362.54. Just let me know if you have any questions. I will mail another invoice to you shortly.

Our trip was around $3600 before w/ paying for the dining plan. So, we're still saving around $400 with the new package. I'm so excited!!!

According to my AAA agent, you can't get a AAA discounted room & the new "free" dining package. Here's the email she sent to me:

I just spoke with Disney and I do have you confirmed under the free dining package. However, this special is not combinable with the AAA Magic Moments savings. The package will remain the same except you will not be saving money on the room portion. The 7 day park hopper and room remain the same as well as the dining. The new package total is $3246.20, a savings of 362.54. Just let me know if you have any questions. I will mail another invoice to you shortly.

Our trip was around $3600 before w/ paying for the dining plan. So, we're still saving around $400 with the new package. I'm so excited!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just booked AAA code is ymo for them not ymp. por 1697$ 1 adult 3 jr. staying 8/26-8/31 6 day park hopper with free meal plan!! Thanks for the code dis board and mousesavers I watched most of the night for it {helps that I work that shift}.

ZanneMarie- Thank-you. Whas it cheaper to do one room at POR or 2 at POP? I personally think 2 rooms would be better and you made the right choice.

Anyone know if it's better to buy 1 day ticket even if you have AP already to get the free dining? I read on mousesavers ...

"Helpful hint for those who already have tickets or Annual Passes: This package is just like regular Magic Your Way packages in that the minimum ticket length is only ONE day! So you could even book a 10-night package with 10 days of FREE dining plan and a 1-day ticket. Because of this, it may be worthwhile to consider the Free Dining package even if you already have tickets."
I am not sure how this works? anyone know?

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids under 9 years) staying at POR at AP rate of $89 in Oct 1-10. Annual passes would be for all 5 are $1914.88 & the room is $893.11. I would assume at least $100 per day for food. Estimated total is $3707.99.

YAHOO!! I just got in too!!! Tried both AAA to adjust my package and Disney to make a new package at the same time. AAA called me back and confirmed my package at a savings of around $320. I got the same information that they can't get a AAA rate room rate with this package but it's still a big savings. :cool1:

our existing room only (AAA discount included) to the MYW package with free dining. I had to cancel the original ressie and rebook and also lost the AAA discount but don't care one bit!! :teeth: I am so excited. So now I have 8 nights woodsview at WL, 8 day MYW with hopping and plus pack, AND free dining. New total 2921.02. I will be saving 700.00 even after losing the AAA discount. I am so excited and just had to share with someone! I even got to make my first AR (PS) during the same phone call since as of today I'm in my 90 day window. We are staying Aug. 31 - Sept. 8 and will be celebrating our anniversary AND my 40th birthday. I am on :cloud9: for the rest of the week now! :banana: Also, for those who may still be trying to get through, I was on hold for only 15 minutes and have a great CM named Veronica. Have a good day everyone and PixieDust all around!! :teeth:

After one unsuccessful try with AAA this morning (insisted that the dining plan was NOT free), I just called a different AAA office and they are going to look into the code YMO and call me back. Here's hoping I can get it with the AAA discount. I am currently booked with CRO at rack rate, but will call back and cancel if I can get the AAA package... I don't understand why Disney doesn't fill in their travel agents - send out a notice or something with the code and the details......

I just called the 800 number and booked 2 rooms at Pop (hopefully connecting King and standard rooms) for my family of 4 for October 2-8. We got 2-day passes, with 2 plus options. (We already have 3-day hoppers bought previously). The cost, including free dining was $1972.82. That's only $82 per person per day!

I compared it to the website, though, and it looks about $200 higher than it should be. I'll have to double-check my reservation.

Anyone know if I can trade in my old hoppers (unused) to upgrade once we get down there?

They probably added the travel insurance onto your package rate. They did it automatically with my reservation today and I had to ask at the end for her to take it off my package. Took her about 15 minutes to do so, but she finally got it off there! :)

Just got back from the AAA office. The TA had no clue what the code was, but called and asked if they had a special offer with free dining. CRO said YES, and she asked, "Can she still get the Magic Moments AAA discount on the room too?" and the rep said "YES!!!!!".

Woo-hoo!!!! :cool1:

Now after reading that others were told no, I am going to look over the math again to make sure I was given the discount, and will certainly make sure the confirmation shows the dining.

For 2 adults, one child, 6 day MYW base ticket, 6 nights at Pop Century, and fre dining, I was given the price of $1,016.39 ... anyone better at math than me, lol? :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter