MagicBand+ Order

Momager

Mouseketeer
We have a trip coming up in about 2 weeks. I ordered our MagicBand+ the day they came out. I see them on our account, but theres no mention of shipping or anything.

Will they be mailed out soon? A small wrench is that we have a split stay pop/poly and it looks like its attached to the poly reservation, which is the last half of our stay. I don't know if that makes a difference...

If you ordered your MagicBand+ through your reservation, how long did you wait to receive it??

We ordered the same day they came out too and our trip is now 7 days away and it still says processing. I really hope they get here as I will not want them if they do not arrive in time.

I called Disney. They are literally no help lol. The girl I was talking to had no idea what was going on, and transferred me to a department that only works Monday-Friday. So essentially after holding for 25 minutes, I was hung up on lol

I ordered within a half hour of them becoming live and I arrive Friday. Not shipped yet. I contacted Disney and mostly shopdisney and they were zero help at all. They would not address the aspect of them not coming in time and they all said they cannot make any changes or cancellations to the order (I tried to request shipping to the resort). We have accepted that we will not have them for the trip at this point unless a miracle occurs. Not sure what my plan of action will be when I have $75 of useless magic bands that arrive after the trip

In the same boat as well, but my trip is still 3wks out. I have a friend going before me and hers shipped the other day, so seems like they are trying to prioritize those with trips coming up. Hope yours ships soon!

I ordered a MB+ on the release day. We check-in tomorrow. My order is "in progess." I'll report back tomorrow night. ::MinnieMo

I'm of not help, I ordered later than you all and don't have mine but I do have friends who have theirs in hand. I'm checking with them to find out if they ordered with their resort stay (which is in Sept) and when, or ordered from ShopDisney and when. Will report back with my findings

Sorry folks. False alarm. I thought the photo they sent of their bands was it in their hands (I only glanced at it) It was not. They placed their order for their bands and sent us a screen shot of the bands they ordered.

Don’t know what I missed with bands, but based on the posts here, I ordered bands for our APs just after 12 AM when they became available on the 27th. It was past our resort stay order window since we arrived on the July 29th. I ordered three of the blue 50th partners band. The order sat forever (I assume due to the reprogram) and finally shipped on 8/3. USPS has the package and I’ll have them in a couple days.

However, after just spending a week in Disney using other magic band+ we bought, we all agreed, they are not all that impressive. Very sporadic and inconsistent features. I think they only vibrated and lit up 4-5 times during the MK night show. No functions at entry and only on limited attraction touch points. They did hold their charge all day though!

Ok, so I called the "help desk" 407-939-4357 and spoke with a wonderful gentleman. He said that Disney sees that my trip to close, so that is why they are not shipping my MB+ order. He said that it will be waiting for us at the front desk when we check in.

He was very nice, and seemed to know what he was talking about, but I've been given the run around so many times about these stupid MB+ that I don't know if he was just blowing smoke to get me off the phone, or if what he says is true. I hope its true!! But either way I guess I just have to wait and see.

14 days and counting!

I ordered a MB+ on the release day. We check-in tomorrow. My order is "in progess." I'll report back tomorrow night. ::MinnieMo
No MB+ for me at check in. I canceled the order and I bought one in the shop. I had to use my AP discount, didn’t get the guest discount.

Ok, so I called the "help desk" 407-939-4357 and spoke with a wonderful gentleman. He said that Disney sees that my trip to close, so that is why they are not shipping my MB+ order. He said that it will be waiting for us at the front desk when we check in.

He was very nice, and seemed to know what he was talking about, but I've been given the run around so many times about these stupid MB+ that I don't know if he was just blowing smoke to get me off the phone, or if what he says is true. I hope its true!! But either way I guess I just have to wait and see.

14 days and counting!
Will they be waiting for you because you called? We leave Wednesday and our order is still "In Progress". At this point I don't think I'm going to get them until our January trips.

Will they be waiting for you because you called? We leave Wednesday and our order is still "In Progress". At this point I don't think I'm going to get them until our January trips.
Unfortunately I don't have a definitive answer to that, however it *seemed* like anyone who's trip was within to short of enough time from purchasing the MB+ would have their bands waiting for them at check in. Which is cool, but stinks a bit too, because I was planning on skipping the check in line all together. I really wish I could just cancel them at this point, and purchase new ones - at a higher price point - once I'm down there.

Hope that made sense.... lol

Same, Wednesday arrival and still in progress. If they are not there at check in, we better be able to cancel! And they should honor the MDE price. They can adjust a charge at the front desk.

We arrive in 12days, I also bought on release day. They are also still processing… I guess we’ll see what happens. I have regular magic bands for over one though.

How were you able to cancel?? I was told that once its it fulfillment, no modifications were allowed. This is getting so frustrating...

I agree! I'd like to know how @ScarletFire was able to cancel. I'm at the point I want to do that. I got a "back up" from ShopDisney the same day - but ordered later - and have had it in hand since Monday. Not the Pride one I ordered through MDE, but the Stitch one, which is close.

Unfortunately I don't have a definitive answer to that, however it *seemed* like anyone who's trip was within to short of enough time from purchasing the MB+ would have their bands waiting for them at check in. Which is cool, but stinks a bit too, because I was planning on skipping the check in line all together. I really wish I could just cancel them at this point, and purchase new ones - at a higher price point - once I'm down there.

Hope that made sense.... lol
It totally made sense. Thanks for letting me know. I'm trying hard to get ready for this trip and sitting on hold wasn't on my original plans. I agree, I would prefer to be able to cancel them and choose to buy them once there. Or perhaps just wait and order them for my 2023 trips and keep using the gajillion old ones I have.

If anyone is still curious about this, I just got this email from Disney. I ordered at midnight launch day too and received nothing for my trip in 48 hours. Definitely sucks, but at least they tried to make up for it with free bands and a gift card.

We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand+ order you made through My Disney Experience.

Due to overwhelming popularity, we are unable to fulfill your order in time for your arrival at Walt Disney World Resort. Therefore, your order will be complimentary.

If you were charged, a refund will be automatically processed back to your original form of payment within 7 business days. Your MagicBands will still ship to the address provided, at no cost to you so you can use it for future visits.

In addition, if you’d like to purchase other MagicBands to use at the Walt Disney World Resort for this visit, to provide the discount you were offered online, we will be sending you a $50 digital Disney Gift Card that you may use toward the purchase of a MagicBand+ at a Walt Disney World Resort retail location, or you may apply it toward the purchase of other Disney merchandise or experiences (see DisneyGiftCard.com for details and participating locations). A separate email will be sent with your digital Disney gift card.

Please accept our sincerest apologies. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you real soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter