• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

Just finished up at the expo. Between that and AK yesterday, my feet are dead already. Glad I’m not running Dopey this year!

Wanted to add- try on your shirts before you leave. The women’s ones seem to be cut very small this year. Or maybe I’m fatter than I think..,
Are the race shirts Champion?

Wanted to add- try on your shirts before you leave. The women’s ones seem to be cut very small this year. Or maybe I’m fatter than I think..,
THIS
as of Wine and Dine they switched from being made by Champion to IN HOUSE for the free shirts (if not all their running cloths) I'd gotten an XL every race weekend prior and they fit loose and comfortable however my 5K shirt (first race where it was a tech shirt) fit but snugly while the 10K shirt couldn't even pull down over my head.... I was able to trade my 10K shirt for a 2X which fit about the same if not still a bit tighter then my other shirts.... also the material is much stiffer

Make sure to try on all the shirts. All mine were the same size, but the 5k was much tighter than the others. Also, they only swap out whole bags in the Dopey area. You have to go to the vendor area to swap singles.

ETA: the shirts are not Champion.

Last year’s shirts were Champion, but they weren’t sized like past years. I got a women’s medium, and it was huge! I traded it for a women’s small, which was still pretty big. Before, they were all pretty consistent from year to year. I’ll definitely try mine on before leaving. Thanks for the heads up.

I’ve got boarding group 59 for RoTR today. Just heading back to HS from AK (where my family’s planned activities for the day were). They are on group 51 now, but it has stalled out for over an hour at that number.

To expound on my earlier post, the RoTR system meant that we were rope dropping HS without any of the benefits of rope dropping. Every line in the park was over an hour long in an instant. It’s a complete fail for Disney from my perspective. But they got me into the park so they don’t care.

This does not bode well for me to do this as I really only have one shot-Tuesday- and I need to catch a plane at 4:15. Oh well, I guess I'll be one of the multitude queuing for all the other rides. One Dis TA that I follow had group 102 and she was there at park opening.

ETA: Looks like they have also changed the opening hours to 7 am, so I get one additional hour of craziness.

Had a surprise stress test today! Went to print waiver and not found. Found out when I cancelled my husband's race back in September, they cancelled mine too (have runDisney emails confirming only his was to be cancelled). After first person saying nothing can be done, supervisor sorted it out and now all good to go. Heading to Epcot now for a drink to reduce my blood pressure!!!

We’ve now been standing around for an hour after our group was called because the ride is down. No one here knows what is going on and basically all they are trying to do is disperse the crowd. Still have to go to the expo and have dinner reservations at 4. I’m beyond disappointed with this whole experience. At this point I’m honestly ready to pretend the ride doesn’t exist and never ride it in the future out of spite. This is just a terrible experience on every level. We’ve devoted multiple hours and will probably have nothing to show for it.

I am planning to do ROTR tomorrow, too, staying at Caribbean. Had early flight today (on MDE right now!!) and doing 10 on Friday, so figured I may as well do early on Thursday too!!
It's just me since DH isn't going to get up for this. If folks are there, maybe we can do an unofficial meet up if anybody is interested.

DH and I are on a redeye landing at MCO at 5am tomorrow (Thursday) and probably heading directly to DHS after picking up the rental car. Hoping for an early boarding group as we're meeting my parents at the Expo at noon!

Not impressed with the lack of Goofy merchandise. It’s an anniversary year and that’s all they do? No wonder they ran out of the pins before day 1 was over. Not like there was much to pick from to begin with!

Probably lots of re-sellers sadly they need to either put tighter limits or make you show your bib/registration email to cash out

It's the EBAY resellers buying all the pins and magnets

I just did a quick check...lots 4 Park Minnie Ears (around $50 will get you one) and Oswald Spirit jerseys ($100).

And they have a Dopey figurine this year?!?!?! Ugh...why didn't they have that any of the last six years?!?!? (Also $50 right now)

ETA: I did the checking on eBay. I'm not in WDW.

Last edited:
I just did a quick check...lots 4 Park Minnie Ears (around $50 will get you one) and Oswald Spirit jerseys ($100).

And they have a Dopey figurine this year?!?!?! Ugh...why didn't they have that any of the last six years?!?!? (Also $50 right now)

They had figurines last year. I bought one.
Also the ears are “only” 27.99.

I'm unexpectedly coming down for the weekend to cheer on a Dopey runner, and this is my first time staying off property for the marathon weekend. Do you know if I park in the EPCOT lot in time to drop my runner off, is that parking good for all day, or will I need to leave and pay to park again? I'm trying to figure the break even for a rental car vs. Uber.

Best wishes to all the runners!!

Someone with experience will hopefully chime in, but my understanding is if you park for a race your car can be in that spot all day.

Keep in mind that road closures on Sunday will start much earlier than the other 3 days.

So happy to be writing from Pop. The pre-order line was insane and sad that the Dopey replica medal sold out by 1pm!

So happy to be writing from Pop. The pre-order line was insane and sad that the Dopey replica medal sold out by 1pm!
i would not be surprised to see it on ebay soon.... mind you sometimes i find it available months later at even lower prices that at disney. they seemed ro have verrrrrrry verrrry few pins... i wonder if they will have more tomorrow.. ie they may be spacing them out, i hope

They had Dopey last year???? I only saw the Mickey!
ETA: Those are the prices on eBay. I'm not in WDW :(

oops! What’s even worse is that a lot of these sellers have annual passes and get a 20% discount on the merchandise they horde. If they would limit it to 1 or 2 items per person that would help a lot. There’s no reason that people should be allowed to start camping out at 7am and then clear out the shelves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter