Marathon Weekend 2021

A bit late, but congratulations to everyone who participated in Marathon Weekend!! :cheer2:

I don't run this weekend, only volunteer and I gotta say I was pretty bummed not being able to be there. I love seeing all your creative costumes as you pass through the finish chute. And I'm always amazed at the high energy you all seem to have at the end of your races - especially the marathon! Working medals is always fun but Bonus Medals 2019 was something else - you Dopeys out there that cried when you came up to me had me near tears all day, lol. So exciting to be a small part of such a HUGE accomplishment. I really missed all that. :)

No matter what distance you did, or how fast you went, or if you ran or walked, or how many hours or days it took you to finish the distances you signed up for, remember this: you set a goal, you went out there, and YOU DID IT.

And no one can take that away from you. Not even the haters who think virtual races aren't real. (Pfft... Tell that to my legs! :rotfl:)

So again, congratulations. Looking forward to seeing you all again in the chute when we get back to in-person Marathon Weekend! :)

FYI: I think today is the last day to register your race times for the virtual WDW Dopey.

FYI: I think today is the last day to register your race times for the virtual WDW Dopey.

I thought this too....

looking at account it says I have 334 days to submit virtual results for the walt disney world marathon weekend.

Then came here to see if others had seen this 334 days.....

Oh good, then I can still change the 3 lies into truths as I continue running. I did get the 5k done today, at least!

And realized I could skip the lie and enter the time later. I was going to do the 5k and 10k this weekend, but didn't get it done yet. Oops.

Mine arrived today, and not in the original shipping box. Given the condition of the outer box and the inner boxes I am guessing the original was left in the rain and they shoved the contents into the box that was the closest fit.

My original plan had been to walk everything later this month to allow for additional training time, but injuring my ankle again in November (still don’t know how it happened) has pushed it off, possibly until fall. I would rather train in humidity than try and virtual race in it.

My box arrived yesterday. It was a very long day, so the box still sits unopened at home. I am going to try and open it this evening without my daughter noticing as I am not sure if it will be everything (I did Dopey and she did the HM). If it is not all there I will wait for who evers items to arrive before we open officially. Excited to see the medals and the Dopey and HM shirts though!

Finally got my Goofy medals and shirt! The day after I got back from WDW, so I couldn't do the photos in the parks that I was hoping for.

Sorry to hear the medals and shirt were late. Hope it was great trip. Sounds like you need another trip for pictures or photo shop yourself wearing the shirt and medals into pictures you took!

So I've received Castaway Cay box, but not Dopey box.... anyone else ?
I registered for multiple events. 5K, Marathon, Castaway Cay, and 2 kids races for my nephews. Last Thursday the Castaway Cay medal and shirt arrived. On Friday Kids Race box number one arrived. Yesterday Kids Race box number two arrived, and today the 5K medal arrived in the same box as my Marathon medal and marathon shirt.
Sorry to hear the medals and shirt were late. Hope it was great trip. Sounds like you need another trip for pictures or photo shop yourself wearing the shirt and medals into pictures you took!
I went to WDW in November and took my 2020 Star Wars Virtual Half medal to get some Star Wars medal photos in Galaxy's Edge and even managed to get some distanced character medal photo selfies and one socially distanced character medal photo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter