Marathon Weekend 2023

SAFD: Another vote for Satu'li canteen. The ronto wraps also make a really yummy second breakfast at HS.

If we’re talking specifically in the park, I’d go with a bowl from Satu’li; probably beef with hearty salad and herb dressing. From my perspective QS has really advanced in the last 10 years in all of the parks outside of MK. There are some decent things in MK but it would be nice to see newer options there.
I completely agree with you. I can find something good at all the other parks except for MK. Last time we were there we always left to find lunch elsewhere. Luckily there are lots of better options on the monorail loop.

SAFD: I'll cheat just a little bit. I would order the lobster roll from Columbia Harbour House with a side of the clam chowder in a bread bowl from La Boudin Bakery in DL. I think I had the lobster roll 3 times during MW this year and it's impossible to overstate just how much better DL's clam chowder is than WDW's.

I'll add an "in memoriam" shout out to the lamb shawarma platter from Tangierine Cafe. I'm still mourning the loss of the "classic" Tangierine Cafe. It was my Epcot "go to" restaurant.

Given my generally low opinion of Disney food, I thought I wouldn't be able to come up with anything. But then I remembered the 50th anniversary dessert I had from Mara at AKL during Marathon Weekend. Not only was it creative and delicious (Ghanian chocolate mousse), but it was also inexpensive--and not even just "Disney inexpensive"--at $5.49. It was rich and satisfying....and chocolate-y, which is my thing.

Attachments

• 50th dessert2.jpg
    50th dessert2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 50th dessert.jpg
    50th dessert.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 3
So my question is, does anyone recall if a hard sweep is near enough the 13.1 point to make it easy?
I was swept around 11.7 this year. That was the bus after MK. FWIW, you can’t really predict where the spots will be as they could change the course. And I’m also reallllyyy curious to see if them adding “I did it” to the medals if going to turn into an excuse to not give them to people who don’t finish. I think a lot of people were upset with the chipping this year and I wonder if Disney might want extras on hand. This is just speculation of course.
If Mickey Mouse could deliver to your house today one quick service meal, what would it be?
I had a really hard time this weekend finding good plant based quick service meals at HS/MK but I did end the trip with the plant based slaw dog at Casey’s which was pretty good! But I think I would want a fresh Mickey pretzel.

I'll add an "in memoriam" shout out to the lamb shawarma platter from Tangierine Cafe. I'm still mourning the loss of the "classic" Tangierine Cafe. It was my Epcot "go to" restaurant.

This would have been tied with Satu'li Canteen for me if it were still open. Pour one out. I think Tangierine Cafe was even better than both Marrakesh and Spice Road (both of which are among the best sit-down restaurants at WDW).

SAFD: I've got two answers but I think they both may stretch the rules:

If Disneyland is an acceptable answer then it's a corn dog from the Red Wagon, no question.
If WDW, the BBQ brisket dip and grilled portabella salad from Geyser Point.

Last edited:
SAFD: Since I was just there, I’d say it’s hard to beat the brisket sandwich and watermelon feta salad from Polite Pig:
View attachment 703271

If we’re talking specifically in the park, I’d go with a bowl from Satu’li; probably beef with hearty salad and herb dressing. From my perspective QS has really advanced in the last 10 years in all of the parks outside of MK. There are some decent things in MK but it would be nice to see newer options there.

Polite Pig is probably my favorite place on property. I often will hit that place up more than once. Great beer and the sides are amazing.

Polite Pig is probably my favorite place on property. I often will hit that place up more than once. Great beer and the sides are amazing.
I see SO MANY people who love PP, and I absolutely will say that when DH and I went there (shortly after they re-opened from the c-word closure) I wasn't impressed and was borderline disappointed. I might have to re-try it in January, but I'm on the fence.

A few spots opened up earlier today and I was able to upgrade my Full to a Goofy and found a spot for my DD to do the Half! This is our very casual Marathon trip. My wife isn't running this time. As for now, the plan is to NOT visit any parks and just travel around the resorts, etc. We've done this before and had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter