Marathon Weekend 2023

Me too - The 'I did It!' phrase just annoys me. Of course you did it - you did do it! It's almost like prefacing a comment by, 'to be honest..'. Don't tell me 'to be honest ..' before you talk, because I expect you to be honest. I expect someone wearing a shirt/medal/etc to have done it - don't tell me again that you did it. Rant over :) lol.
Except with RunDisney races, having the medal doesn't even mean you did it...

Except with RunDisney races, having the medal doesn't even mean you did it...
Well - that annoys me too. Lol - in all seriousness though - these are such first world problems, and I'm glad the biggest annoyance I have about the race is about the medals. I can't wait to get down there and take whatever medal they give me. For all the warts here and there, RunDisney still does a great job IMO putting on a first class event and makes it very easy to part with my money. Nothing will ever be perfect, but I always look forward to the whole Disney race experience!

So slightly rando question, I am going WDW for thanksgiving break. I have resort days that I want to run on but AKL does not have running trails. How realistic is it, to have my parents drop me off in the rental car at some of these places and just tell the guard I am there to run. Will they let me in or am I going to have to play the bus hop game of going to AK to then go to a resort. I was think of running around Pop and Art of Animation on one day and Epcot run on the boardwalk to swan and dolphin another day. Thoughts?
As @jmasgat poited out, your parents could drop you off at the Swan/Dolphin for the Epcot resort run without encountering any guards.

For the other running day, I'd recommend taking the bus to AK and then do bus roulette to determine which resort(s) to run around.
Options:
-Pop/AoA
-Fort Wilderness
-Poly/GF/Contemporary
-Saratoga Springs/OKW
-Port Orleans

Whichever comes first, that's your route!

So slightly rando question, I am going WDW for thanksgiving break. I have resort days that I want to run on but AKL does not have running trails. How realistic is it, to have my parents drop me off in the rental car at some of these places and just tell the guard I am there to run. Will they let me in or am I going to have to play the bus hop game of going to AK to then go to a resort. I was think of running around Pop and Art of Animation on one day and Epcot run on the boardwalk to swan and dolphin another day. Thoughts?
Swan/Dolphin is super easy to get dropped off to run. There’s no gates or guards when dropping off at the lobbies.

FW is my absolute most favorite place to run at Disney, but when I ran there I was staying there. Not sure how lenient they are with letting people in without ressies, ADR or a tour booked.
I give RD partial credit for trying to be creative with the medals. I have several years of old "gold head with the year changed", so they could be worse. By people's reactions, seems as though these are the "cake castle" of medals.
I saw the medals at the expo and (IMHO) they were worse in person. Cake castle of medals is very accurate.

I have done plenty of miles up and down the parking lot of AKL and between Kidani and Jambo! It's not that bad, but definitely gets old after about 5 miles.
I think Saratoga Springs/OKW are the easiest places to get long run miles. You might even be able to start at Disney Springs, loop through SS and then take the path over to OKW for more miles.
Unless you get an early start, I would not recommend the Boardwalk - it's lovely, but gets very crowded once the parks open up as people head to HS and Epcot.

Medals - trying to be positive, I love that they embraced the theme and did something really fun and different. 5K/10K medals are pretty cute, the half isn't terrible (love seeing Daisy and Donald), but the marathon and Goofy medals are yikes. Dopey is OK.
I guess if you do Dopey, you don't really wear your marathon and Goofy medals - just the Dopey, so there is that?

VQ - if we aren't planning on arriving at the expo Wednesday until the afternoon, will we still need a VQ spot? This is so silly!

It's now showing ALL disney springs restaurants as "temporarily unavailable." :sad2:

I've tried the app on 2 different devices. in Chrome and Edge on my laptop. My login. DH's login. Nothing works.

It's now showing ALL disney springs restaurants as "temporarily unavailable." :sad2:

I've tried the app on 2 different devices. in Chrome and Edge on my laptop. My login. DH's login. Nothing works.
Same, we had the worst luck - we called dining exactly at 7 and booked everything that way. Thankfully got what we wanted - def recommend calling them directly

In the same boat, can’t book any ADRs in app or on website. Keeps showing times and then errors out. Been trying different phones and browsers since 6:00 :mad:
Yeah I gave up and am on hold to speak with a real person. This is so frustrating. And it has happened for the last 2 trips....last time it wouldn't give me the +length of stay days in my account.

Yeah I gave up and am on hold to speak with a real person. This is so frustrating. And it has happened for the last 2 trips....last time it wouldn't give me the +length of stay days in my account.
That's exactly the issue I had for my last 2 trips as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter