Marathon Weekend 2023

Yeah I gave up and am on hold to speak with a real person. This is so frustrating. And it has happened for the last 2 trips....last time it wouldn't give me the +length of stay days in my account.

Yup, on hold hoping for everything we want

We are doing a 3-part split stay, so I get to deal with ADRs tomorrow morning too. Here's hoping the website doesn't get crashed with all of the other MW people also trying to make their ressies. LOL! I only need to grab one more, and it's probably going to be the hardest one.

FWIW everything seems to be working now. I had problems for the first 45 minutes but then it seems like problems went away and I was able to book everything.

Protip if you're a Canadian and your ADR is in the next few days....call your CC company now and tell them that Disney will be "charging" your card. Turns out one of my problems was my CC getting rejected until I called the CC company.

So, for whatever it's worth, the CM I'm on the phone with says that when you have a split stay it messes with the reservation system and that's why it's giving me issues.

Oh, fun 🙃 I have a split but not til the 10th. Bizarre.
if you have any hard-to-get ressies after the 10th it may be worth calling because she took all of my confirmation #s and combined them into a single length of stay and booked everything I needed for the whole trip, when I'm supposed to not be able to book some of it until tomorrow. ;)

Still nothing working on the app for us but CM got all but one for us over the phone 😊
So my first CM at 7 AM was wonderful, booked 6 restaurants for me in record time. I saw a bunch of times online later for dinner on 1/10, called to grab one, and this current CM says I'm unable to book on the 10th since it's my checkout day? Even though I'm moving to another resort lol? Basically the opposite of extending a split stay - using a split to prevent booking haha.

Calling again, hoping I get someone else. Sorry to clog the thread, it's just been a doozy trying to get anything for what's supposed to be a special trip. Ah well, could be worse.

Went to book some reservations this morning. There were only a couple of places we wanted to go to. I got San Angel Inn. Space 220 is the other we wanted to try, but of course there was not anything available. I checked a couple of times and gave up. Not worth wasting so much time for an ADR. I will just go get some fish n chips at Yorkshire and call it a day. :)

This ADR discussion reminds me of the good old days when we had the Deluxe Dining Plan and could never succeed online. I have always been impressed with the patience of the CM on the phone: Hi, I am calling to make 19 dining reservations… and they would reply with a smile in their voice!

ADRs were definitely a pain today! I'm so mad I woke up early and then the system wouldn't work. Why can't Disney open stuff at a normal time, like 10am or noon even!? Who the heck wants to get up so early! I did finally get one ADR that I wanted, but the other one I can't book because it's not giving me my +10. Ughhhhh......

We’re offsite so we’ve been having no luck with ADRs this time. Kind of to be expected, but I don’t remember feeling this unenthusiastic about the Disney portion of my Disney trip in a while.

I hoping something will still be available when I can book. Since I am coming in on friday.... I still have to wait till Monday. I am hoping for Jiko for my 1st marathon celebration dinner.

VQ - if we aren't planning on arriving at the expo Wednesday until the afternoon, will we still need a VQ spot? This is so silly!

I saw a few people say in FB groups yesterday that by the afternoon, it was no longer VQ and was a normal standby line/walk right in situation like it typically has been in the afternoon in previous years.

Even my travel agent had trouble with my reservations, and I didn’t have many! I haven’t even decided what I want to eat post-marathon… I notoriously have a terrible appetite after endurance events and it’s hard to predict what I will want. But I also don’t want to be stuck not having something, like last year where I ended up at House of Blues with a bad veggie burger and fries.

I didn’t run into problems yesterday but this morning I did. I also had a split day with 1 night on a separate reservation. Today, the website was not allowing reservations. You could see the availability but it would error when you selected a time. The app ended up working fine, so no phone call needed. The only place I couldn’t get was Sanaa and I’ll just keep an eye out. Something may open up, and they offer a to-go option now, so nbd. An Homecomin on Saturday. I booked Morimoto instead. Haven’t been there in years and the food was really good, so not disappointed at all.
The only other problem I ran into was a party of 1 problem. When you selected a party of one the number of times available is 25 to 30% of what’s actually there. When I went back and selected a party of two suddenly I had plenty of options. Luckily I knew this was a thing from a prior solo trip. I just find it super annoying that 1 person can’t get a table but 2, poof! Now I have to go back and change the party size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter