Marathon Weekend 2023

The 5k will be my first time doing a run/walk for a race. What’s the best way to signal that we’ll be walking? Also, for the 5k, what’s generally considered acceptable for “number of people running beside each other”? I’m assuming for where the course is wider, we’d be ok to be my husband, my son, and I across, but cut it down to just two of us where the course narrows? For what it’s worth, I expect us to be in the last corral, and I’m planning on hanging out at the back since I assume we’ll be slower.

My 5yr old told me he wanted to do a cartwheel for a picture, and I quickly shot that down.

The 5k will be my first time doing a run/walk for a race. What’s the best way to signal that we’ll be walking? Also, for the 5k, what’s generally considered acceptable for “number of people running beside each other”? I’m assuming for where the course is wider, we’d be ok to be my husband, my son, and I across, but cut it down to just two of us where the course narrows? For what it’s worth, I expect us to be in the last corral, and I’m planning on hanging out at the back since I assume we’ll be slower.

My 5yr old told me he wanted to do a cartwheel for a picture, and I quickly shot that down.
Generally it's accepted to raise a hand when you are switching from running to walking or vice versa.

And watch your surroundings when you slow down. Get to one side as best you can and make sure there isn't someone running right behind you. I try to merge into the walkers that are around me.

Honestly not sure how many people would understand it, but usually just raising your hand a few seconds before stopping is what I believe typical etiquette is.

Generally it's accepted to raise a hand when you are switching from running to walking or vice versa.
That’s what I thought since that’s what I’ve seen other runners do and managed to figure it out, but wanted to double check anyways

I usually inch over to the right side (watching for people behind me) and raise my left hand when I’m prepping for a walk break. That’s fairly common in all races and I feel like RD folks pick up the habit even if it’s their first time. I know people have said here that left and right edges are for walkers but I always lean right if possible bc I feel like that’s the common rule.

Three across should be fine where you are, just be cognizant if the course narrows and adjust if necessary.

Just lie to me. Let me live in my dream-world!
Fine.

-Everyone on race day will have exactly their preferred temperature.

- Every race, including the marathon, will feel like a walk in the park for everyone (no matter how little training occurred in the lead up)

-Disney is actually hiring competent IT people so there will never be any rundisney registration snafus ever again.

Any other lies I should add to the list?

Fine.

- Every race, including the marathon, will feel like a walk in the park for everyone (no matter how little training occurred in the lead up)

-Disney is actually hiring competent IT people so there will never be any rundisney registration snafus ever again.

Oreos will return to the snack box

Unlimited beer and pizza at the finish.

Also, for the 5k, what’s generally considered acceptable for “number of people running beside each other”?
You will have to judge the width of the course to determine that, and I have never run the 5K to be more specific.

I will say that narrow sections of the 10K, half, and full Disney courses should be run in single file.

You will have to judge the width of the course to determine that, and I have never run the 5K to be more specific.

I will say that narrow sections of the 10K, half, and full Disney courses should be run in single file.
Agree with the above, and to pay attention to the groups around you, your three plus one other group could easily block some pathways. The route is below and the first mile or so should be pretty wide but will be more congested with the start. The paths in Epcot can narrow and some places three wide will not leave much room.

1672413889354.png

Fine.

Your favorite character is guaranteed to be on course with minimal wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter