• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2023

Trying to decide whether to call it for now and just bank on the high likelihood of the marathon being available long after the initial rush is over. I wanted to get it over and done with as early as possible but I've got other things to do today. :/

Unfortunately, we all have experience with this system and know that there is no rhyme or reason to where people are positioned in the queue based on when they opened their browsers. Disney brought this upon themselves and it’s sad how unsurprising it is.

So, what stage of grief is everyone at currently?
Not sure if it's acceptance or just denial masquerading as acceptance.

Going to leave those wheels spinning in the background while I go about my work morning and just check on them periodically instead of obsessively staring. Watch, it'll go through as soon as I leave my computer in the office to take my dog outside.

This becomes a failure of leadership to not be quicker to spread news to inform customers. At this point, from a customer service standpoint, someone should make the call to delay registration until tomorrow/Thursday/next week.

Here is the real question, can I register faster than I can run the marathon?
For the 2019 race, it took me longer to get registered than it did for my mom to have her knee replaced. I will always remember refreshing and refreshing and refreshing AND refreshing in the hospital waiting room as I tried to enter my first half marathon. Ah, those were the days!

The question is, will people eventually give up and close their tabs, the website will work again, everyone will know about it, and then it'll crash again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter