Marathon Weekend 2024

It's good, isn't it! Tostitos Baked Scoops for the cheese--I didn't have to use my banana this year! I just enjoyed mine during my Epsom salt bath.

They handed out mylar blankets at the end too, even though it was quite warm. I grabbed one for tomorrow morning.

I waited about 45 minutes to get on a bus back to Port Orleans FQ, but otherwise it was a great morning.

Are you on my bus? We just went towards Disney springs on accident! Couldn’t be worse than last year’s half when my bus went to the TTC instead of AKL :rotfl:

Haha yes I am! I looked up and saw the lime garage and was like ya know I’m not great with directions but this can’t be right 😂
Ha! I was on there with you and didn't even notice we went the wrong way. Buses from Jamaica and Aruba often head straight out in the morning, if you want to come over to one of those stops, but I can't guarantee anything...

I also grabbed a mylar for the morning. Hearing all the bus drama, I'm glad I drove. It was easy peasy to and from BLT.
I don't think it was so much drama as them being a little more scheduled this year. It seems like in years past they started the return buses to the resorts as soon as the last of the 5k runners cleared the bus exit roadway. This morning I think they went time-based and started return service right at 6:30, well after all the runners were past.

So glad the weather held out! I lost half a post race beer due to the wind knocking it over! Runners were still finishing at 7:30.

I drove this morning from Ft Wilderness and it was super easy. It was nice to have my heated seats and heated steering wheel pre and post race 😆

This was my list of characters and photopass:

Mickey
Snow White & Prince
Big Bad Wolf
Goofy
100th Sign
Epcot Ball
Walt Statue
Clarabelle

On my way to do the marathon right now! Not sure what is happening with RD social media. Absolutely nothing on Twitter and one small post on Instagram. Am I missing some platform or did the social media person get canned?

you got another hour .... and this is an untimed event,you can maybe make it through. i hope you feel much better
I was going to try with all my strength to just show up and jog/walk it If I could get the nausea to stop. It just wasn’t happening. It was a long 8 hours. Starting to feel better but my body feels like I already ran Dopey. Now to rest so I can make the 10K tomorrow.

Congrats to all the 5K runners today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter