March 2007 Anyone????

kimmy kay said:
Madsofa

We'll be at POR from the 7th thru the 16th.
That's great! I requested to be in AB bldg 14 (tips from other Dis'rs). Here's hoping that comes through. Were you able to take advantage of the free upgrade to your park tickets (Park hopper and water park)? We did and saved some money (again thanks to other Dis'rs!!). We used the Canadian code, but I'm pretty sure I saw something on this board for Americans. I will be bringing some LGMH's. :cool1: Hope to see you there! :wave:

Yes I just rebooked and took advantage of the upgrades. I also requested to be the AB section. Maybe I'll see you there.

We will be there on March 5th. I can't wait, a couple of months ago it seemed so far away, but now it seems like it's right around the corner.

Bill From PA said:
We'll do our usual late Winter thing from Feb. 28 through March 11, a split stay this time, first 9 days at BoardWalk Villa the last to at POR. Hope to see some DISers there.

Bill From PA

Hi Bill-

Just wonderign what kind of weather you generally experience in this time frame and how about crowds? Any predictions for Feb 28-March 7, 2007?

Last year it was 88 degrees and hot, but that can vary. A couple of years ago, the high was in the upper 50's.

tobeamouse4,

Here's a link to 7 or so years of temps and rainfall.
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mlb/mlbclimat.html
In 2005, the only year in the last several we didn't go this week, it was cooler than average with one day only getting a high in the 50s. This is very unusual. I can't remember an early March trip when we didn't get a couple of highs in the 80s, low to upper 70s is practically a given. As for rain, March is one of the three lowest months for rain. We've probably had 50 + park days in this timeframe over the years and we've had one day when it rained all day but other than that, a quick spritz and back to sun is the worst. We don't even think about the weather.

Crowds, I'd call 'Moderate'. Get to the parks early, use FP and you'll have a lot of fun before the crowds become an issue, usually around 1 pm or so. At that point we hop to Epcot and finish the day there as we usually stay at an Epcot resort, Epcot swallows crowds and rarely seems crowded to us and there's a lot of restaurant/pub selections there. Enjoy, and maybe our paths will cross.

Bill From PA

Thanks, Bill!

We'll be looking forward to fantastic weather! Sounds perfect as long as mother nature cooperates!

We'll be at Pop Century Feb 28th-March 7th...........have always stayed in a FW cabin but think the DS (6) and DD(3) will enjoy POP.

tobeamouse4

March 19-28 here! :cool1:

March 19th-24th at the WILDERNESS LODGE! I cannot wait! We stayed here in 1995 on our honeymoon, and have visited many times, but haven't stayed there again (2 trips to CR and 2 to POFQ).

March 24th-28th- Shades of Green! Anxious to see the resort- we stayed at CR via SOG during the renovations, but haven't actually seen the SOG property yet.

We will be on the dining plan for our WL portion. So far we have ressies at CA Grill, Narcoossee's, Nine Dragons, Whispering Canyon & Crystal Palace. We also will be eating at Hoop Dee Doo. :cool1:

Myself, DH, our two sons (ages 9 and 5 1/2) and our daughter (2) will be going; my parents will also be attending, as they love WDW too. :cloud9:

So far I am pleased as I have had NO problem getting our dining reservations, and room requests....and this is only about 14 weeks out for a PEAK time of year. I'm hoping that means the crowds won't be HORRENDOUS. We went in March before, but it was more end of Feb/first week in March and the crowds were light.

Can't wait to be there!

Count me in ....
March 5 to the 8th -POR
March 8 to the 10th - CSR
CAN"T WAIT!!!!
First time on Dining plan.
You fellow DISers have saved us so much money this year! THANKS!!
We just went in March of this year and are going back to spend an extra week in Clearwater Beach as well. I need one of those counter thingees..

Bill From PA said:
tobeamouse4,

Here's a link to 7 or so years of temps and rainfall.
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mlb/mlbclimat.html
In 2005, the only year in the last several we didn't go this week, it was cooler than average with one day only getting a high in the 50s. This is very unusual. I can't remember an early March trip when we didn't get a couple of highs in the 80s, low to upper 70s is practically a given. As for rain, March is one of the three lowest months for rain. We've probably had 50 + park days in this timeframe over the years and we've had one day when it rained all day but other than that, a quick spritz and back to sun is the worst. We don't even think about the weather.

Crowds, I'd call 'Moderate'. Get to the parks early, use FP and you'll have a lot of fun before the crowds become an issue, usually around 1 pm or so. At that point we hop to Epcot and finish the day there as we usually stay at an Epcot resort, Epcot swallows crowds and rarely seems crowded to us and there's a lot of restaurant/pub selections there. Enjoy, and maybe our paths will cross.

Bill From PA

Hi Bill from PA-
My husband and I went the same time last year and were planning to meet with you guys at the Rose and Crown that friday. Unfortunately I got sick. Are you guys planning a get together again this year? We'll be there 2/26-3/4.

ALICE28: (We will be at WDW from 3/21 thru 4/5)...Even though I booked ADRS at 180 days, my overplanning self got the better of me and I called to switch a couple times and one restaurant last week...I was worried I would have a limited time frame and/or not be able to make the changes I wanted, however I was pleasantly surprised at the options still available. Hope this means lower crowds?? (I know, wishful thinking...but one can hope!!) :thumbsup2

Either that or everyone is so fed up with the changes to the kids menus they are cancelling their TS meals. NO I am not implying anything one way or the other and do not mean to start an anti-menu thread(enough of that going on already!) I'm just so excited to be going they can change all the menus and I still will be there :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter