March it WAS, May it IS!

Just checking in on ya. As I said in my text, I can't believe he's already started p.t. but, like we both said, they shove you out the hospital door before your eyes are barely open now-a-days. :sad2:

I'm doing pretty good. Still not getting very much sleep though.

Dallas and I started walking today! I have gotten so out of shape over the past 4 months and I want to try and build my strength back up before our trip. I am hoping to avoid having to rent a wheelchair!

I have been looking for some new luggage for a while because the biggest piece in our old luggage was starting to wear out!! It was a pretty good set that has lasted for over 10 years and many trips.

I do a lot of shopping on Amazon and I love all the different stores they are affiliated with. So to make a long story short I checked on ebags.com today to see if they were having any sales, and I found a pretty deal.

This is what I got for $83 and some change---

suitcase.png

The shipping on ebags was free so I don't think I could have done much better for a 4 piece set!!!!

I've started walking too. I go walking during the last thirty minutes of my lunch hour. Not only does it get me out of the office but it's also preparing me for all the walking we are going to do at Disney.

Woo hoo for getting such a good deal on the luggage! That's a nice set at a nice price. :thumbsup2 I need to look for us some more luggage too since I have to pack for the cruise and then pack for WDW.

LOVE the luggage!!! I think all 3 of us will meet up with you on saturday, when you decide what park you'll be at!! And, I'll try to hook up with you thruout the week as I can as well.

Love the countdown calendar too. One handed isn't fun! Glad you're feeling better, hope you can get some sleep soon. I'm a side sleeper, and that mixed with both shoulder pain, and hip pain, not good. I've started taking my last pain pill before bed, and it helps, but if I read too long on my back, I can't move. I keep Mollie in bed with me when Chris isn't home, if he is, and I need to move, I just wake him up. I don't think he ever even remembers!!!!!!

Lisa!!! What are your dates girl, I'm lost in the pages of your PTR, and didn't see dates. Gotta put a day with ya'll on my calendar, before it gets TOO outta hand. Well, it is outta hand LOL :) I swear people are acting like I'm dying or never coming back!!

Very cute countdown calendar! I haven't even thought about doing one for our trip yet but your post reminded me that I need to. Hey, I think I'll tell Lacey to make one for her and Jesse.:thumbsup2

I'm so happy to hear that ya'll are getting to leave earlier than expected. That's always a good thing. I wish we could leave earlier but my boss keeps me until the very last second. :mad:

Thank you! I really wanted something different this year, but I just don't have creative juices flowing through my veins.........:guilty: :laughing:.

Lacey and Jesse definitely need a countdown calendar, that is something fun they can make together for their first trip to Disney as a married couple :love:.

I was surprised when Dale started saying he was going to take Friday off :scared1:!!!! You know how I am always on pins and needles waiting for him to get home so we can hit the road.

I've started walking too. I go walking during the last thirty minutes of my lunch hour. Not only does it get me out of the office but it's also preparing me for all the walking we are going to do at Disney.

Woo hoo for getting such a good deal on the luggage! That's a nice set at a nice price. :thumbsup2 I need to look for us some more luggage too since I have to pack for the cruise and then pack for WDW.

I am looking forward to tomorrow and our walk!! We live on a very busy road so we can't walk on it, but we have a long driveway going down beside our house so we made 4 rounds, down and back up. I have a pedometer somewhere so I am going to try and dig it out tomorrow. We walked for about 30 minutes today and I want to gradually work it up to at least an hour. When we reach that level, in a few weeks, I should be driving and we can go to the park.

We have needed new luggage for over a year now and I finally just gave in and bought. Ebags really does have good prices!! You will need two sets of luggage, even if you use one set for your dirty stuff.

LOVE the luggage!!! I think all 3 of us will meet up with you on Saturday, when you decide what park you'll be at!! And, I'll try to hook up with you thruout the week as I can as well.

Love the countdown calendar too. One handed isn't fun! Glad you're feeling better, hope you can get some sleep soon. I'm a side sleeper, and that mixed with both shoulder pain, and hip pain, not good. I've started taking my last pain pill before bed, and it helps, but if I read too long on my back, I can't move. I keep Mollie in bed with me when Chris isn't home, if he is, and I need to move, I just wake him up. I don't think he ever even remembers!!!!!!

Lisa!!! What are your dates girl, I'm lost in the pages of your PTR, and didn't see dates. Gotta put a day with ya'll on my calendar, before it gets TOO outta hand. Well, it is outta hand LOL :) I swear people are acting like I'm dying or never coming back!!

Thank ya! Dallas' favorite color is red so got something I knew he would like too!!

Thanks on the countdown calendar too :). One handed is hard for me because I do EVERYTHING with my right hand and I can't even lift it up to scratch my nose :sad2: :mad:.

I think the lack of sleep now is much worse than the pain!! I have tried every trick, position, med, warm milk, you name it, but nothing keeps me asleep. The pain wakes me up and then it is over :sad1:.

I can't wait to see y'all :goodvibes :cloud9:. You know Dale and he likes to hit the MK on our first day, so we will likely be going there.

Hi Dana! Your trip is just around the corner now.:cool1: I've been following your shoulder surgery on fb. After all you've been through I know a Disney trip is just the thing you need. I'm glad the surgery is over and you are at least turning the corner. I like your countdown calendar. Not quite sure what I'm doing yet. I have to get my butt in gear. With the new job, both girls playing softball, Joe and I both playing volleyball 2 nights a week, girl scouts, and the other parental duties, I don't get much done anymore. :sick: I'm becoming quite pathetic!

Hi Dana! Your trip is just around the corner now.:cool1: I've been following your shoulder surgery on fb. After all you've been through I know a Disney trip is just the thing you need. I'm glad the surgery is over and you are at least turning the corner. I like your countdown calendar. Not quite sure what I'm doing yet. I have to get my butt in gear. With the new job, both girls playing softball, Joe and I both playing volleyball 2 nights a week, girl scouts, and the other parental duties, I don't get much done anymore. :sick: I'm becoming quite pathetic!

Sounds to me like you need a margarita there girlfriend!!! :drinking1

Hey Leanne :wave:. Girl, you are so right!!!! The past 4 months have been AWFUL :scared1:. The pain I have with my shoulder is something I would not wish on my worst enemy :sad2:. The progress is way too slow for my liking!! I know I won't be riding a lot of rides, but just being at Disney will be relaxing enough!!

You, my friend, are one very busy woman!!!! I don't know how you find all the time.

Sounds to me like you need a margarita there girlfriend!!! :drinking1

Yes it does!!! She is amazing!! Christie, you and I will have to drink a margarita for her!!!:drinking1

I have been debating having my hair cut. With my dominate hand out of commission I really need something I can do quick. I tried to get Dale, Dallas and Tyler to help me fix my hair last Saturday and I honestly think Niko could have done better :lmao:. In their defense though they did try :goodvibes.

Here is what I am thinking about.

hair1.png

The curly version would be simple as I have naturally curly hair and I can scrunch it dry for the loose curls. I don't know about the blown out version though. I like the color too.

Love the suitcases! What a great deal....can't go wrong with that! I love your countdown calendar btw....I think you did a beautiful job!;)

I think your countdown calendar is great! I may teach 6th grade, but I definitely don't have that elementary teacher artistic "cutesy" ability! I guess since I teach math, the logical part of my brain overrides the cutesy side! ;)

Great deal on your new luggage, and I LOVE the red! It makes me want to say ROLL TIDE!

Love the suitcases! What a great deal....can't go wrong with that! I love your countdown calendar btw....I think you did a beautiful job!;)

Thank you!!! I can't wait until the luggage comes in so I can start packing!!!!

Thanks on the calendar too :goodvibes. We get to pull our first number tomorrow :banana::cool1::yay:.

I think your countdown calendar is great! I may teach 6th grade, but I definitely don't have that elementary teacher artistic "cutesy" ability! I guess since I teach math, the logical part of my brain overrides the cutesy side! ;)

Great deal on your new luggage, and I LOVE the red! It makes me want to say ROLL TIDE!

Thanks! I guess that is it for me too; the critical thinker overrides the artistic.

I wanted to order some hounds tooth luggage, but I knew the white would get dirty. The red was as close as I could do ;).

Well I took the plunge and got my hair cut off. Please forgive the photo, I took it in the car with my left hand :scared1:. After umpteen attempts this is the best I could get :lmao:.

dananewhair-1.png

I told Dale that with the seat belt coming down across from the right, and my immobilizer strap coming down from the left, it looks like I am in a car seat with a 5 point harness :rotfl2:.

Love it Dana!!!! Looks cute! Will be nice to have it easier. Trust me!!! I hope you're having a good day, and enjoy your new look!!!

Dana, I love it! It looks so great on you! It's a big step making a change with out hair isn't it....it always stresses me out...you'd think after all these years I'd just trust my hairdresser:lmao: You look beautiful! Hope you're feeling better!

I love the new haircut! I bet it will be easier to style since it looks like it has a bit of wave to it and we all know that with the humidity in the South, waves are gonna come out.

Love it Dana!!!! Looks cute! Will be nice to have it easier. Trust me!!! I hope you're having a good day, and enjoy your new look!!!

Thank you Christie!!! It was so easy to fix it this morning. I had a decent day, the pain was like a dull ache today, so easy to handle.

Dana, I love it! It looks so great on you! It's a big step making a change with out hair isn't it....it always stresses me out...you'd think after all these years I'd just trust my hairdresser:lmao: You look beautiful! Hope you're feeling better!

Thanks Jacquie! I probably wouldn't have gotten it cut if my arm wasn't messed up, but it is so much easier to deal with.

I love the new haircut! I bet it will be easier to style since it looks like it has a bit of wave to it and we all know that with the humidity in the South, waves are gonna come out.

Thank you Lisa! It was easy to do today and much faster!! My hair is naturally curly so the humidity does reek havoc on my hair!!

Here is a better picture of my hair. I took it Sunday morning before we went to our monthly family get together. It is a split screen of the style I chose and how it came out.

danaapril1-1.jpg

I think I am going to really enjoy having short hair again!!!

Here is a better picture of my hair. I took it Sunday morning before we went to our monthly family get together. It is a split screen of the style I chose and how it came out.

danaapril1-1.jpg

I think I am going to really enjoy having short hair again!!!

Oh it's so cute! I love it even more now that I've seen another picture of it. Every time I let my hair grow out and then get it cut, I wonder why did it take me so long to want short hair again. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter