March it WAS, May it IS!

I love the new hair cut, Dana! I think it makes you look younger!

Hope you're feeling stronger every day! :)

Oh my word---you're practically a month away from your trip!

Oh it's so cute! I love it even more now that I've seen another picture of it. Every time I let my hair grow out and then get it cut, I wonder why did it take me so long to want short hair again. :confused3

Thanks Lisa, when I have two hands to fix it I will like it more!!!!

I LOVE the new hair!! It looks really pretty!!
Thanks April!!! It is much cooler too!!

I love the new hair cut, Dana! I think it makes you look younger!

Hope you're feeling stronger every day! :)

Oh my word---you're practically a month away from your trip!

Thanks Michelle :goodvibes :hug:. I should have cut it sooner :lmao:.

I go back to the doctor tomorrow so we will see where we are with the rehab!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::dance3::yay:

Now that we are at 29 days we have got to sit down and start the planning!! While looking at my Chase Visa tonight I thought I had $24 on my rewards, but after adding them to my rewards card it turns out that I have $50 :woohoo: That will pay for a couple of us to eat at one of our TS restaurants!!!!

Saturday, May 4Th will be our first full park day and while I am happy to go to other parks on that day Dale will want to head to MK. Tyler loves SM as much as Dale so they will likely head straight to it :rolleyes1. Dallas and I will most likely head to Buzz or The Laugh Floor. I don't think Tyler has ever seen the Laugh Floor so it is a must do!!! I am totally upset that BTMRR is closed, but what can a girl do??? I really don't know that my shoulder would be able to stand it anyway. It is a toss up between eating at CHH or CR. At CR we can get the chicken and ribs plate which Tyler and I can share. I'm not sure about the park hours yet because the site seems to be down :rolleyes:. I hope Christie, Chris and Tyler can meet us there so we can spend some time hanging out!!!

We don't have any ADRs for Monday so we will be using our Free CS meals for the day. If I know what time the park opened and closed I would know how to plan around fireworks, parades and closing!!!

OT... I go back to the doctor today and I am a little nervous. I feel like my arm is coming along good, but I have two fears (1) that I have been using it too much and maybe I've caused some damage and that is why it hurts all the time. OR (2) that I haven't been pushing my guys to be a little more aggressive with the passive PT. I just don't want to do ANYTHING to mess up the surgery or recovery. Dale and I ran into an older couple last weekend and the lady said her husband has had both shoulders done and she said "I will give you one piece of advice, follow your PT instructions to a T". I have a nephew who played pro baseball for the Pirates/Brewers/BlueJays/Indians/Diamondbacks/... 1990-2001, and as a ball player it is common for them to tear a rotator cuff, as he did. He said the PT was the most painful thing he has ever experienced in his life. WOW....Thanks Turner :scared:.

More OT---I decided last week that I needed to get out and start walking so maybe I wouldn't have to rent a wheelchair. Today was day 7 and we are up to a 30 minute mile. I know that isn't anything great, but for my gimpy leg and arm I think it is doing decent. Dale and Dallas walk with me, but we can't get Tyler out there :headache:. I think it is good in more that one way, it will get our legs, feet and stamina up, it will help us break in our shoes, and it will also get us acclimated to the weather as our weather here is almost exactly as Orlando.
We are really enjoying our evening walks :woohoo:.

And a little more OT---Amanda said tonight that she and Matt are thinking about taking a Disney cruise in May!! They may be shipmates with Lisa, John and Hunter :lovestruc:yay:.

I got my luggage in yesterday, but I haven't started packing yet. I will have to do that later in the week or the first of next week. I am having Easter dinner here and I will have a few family member over!! I really need to get the pictures from our get together last Sunday uploaded.

OK, enough for tonight, I guess I need to get in the torture chamber, also know as a bed and try to get comfortable. I took a sleeping pill and a pain pill and my words are actually looking 3D and the screen looks like rice paper...........:rotfl:.

I will give an update about my doctor's appointment tomorrow!!

Woo hoo on finding out that you had more rewards dollars than you initially thought! Like you said, that's going to help out when paying for your table service meals.

I hope that the doctor gives you a good report and that you are just being a worry wart thinking that you've done too much. My sister had the same surgery and I remember it being a while before she was back to her old self.

Way to go on the walking! For a while, I was walking five blocks every day during my lunch hour but then it started getting really hot and I was starting to get sweaty. I didn't want to come back to work all sweaty and smelly and offend our clients so I stopped.

Oh I hope that Amanda and Matt end up going on the cruise! I found out that there's a couple that we all met at the Dis Meet back in May, 2010 that are going to be on the ship too. Tell Amanda that they better book fast because I've been noticing that the rooms are getting more and more limited meaning that the prices are going up.

Woo hoo on finding out that you had more rewards dollars than you initially thought! Like you said, that's going to help out when paying for your table service meals.

I hope that the doctor gives you a good report and that you are just being a worry wart thinking that you've done too much. My sister had the same surgery and I remember it being a while before she was back to her old self.

Way to go on the walking! For a while, I was walking five blocks every day during my lunch hour but then it started getting really hot and I was starting to get sweaty. I didn't want to come back to work all sweaty and smelly and offend our clients so I stopped.

Oh I hope that Amanda and Matt end up going on the cruise! I found out that there's a couple that we all met at the Dis Meet back in May, 2010 that are going to be on the ship too. Tell Amanda that they better book fast because I've been noticing that the rooms are getting more and more limited meaning that the prices are going up.

I got a good report today! I am not looking forward to starting PT though.

I love our walks!! We didn't get to walk today because it was raining, but we will make up for it tomorrow.

Amanda said today that there wasn't an opening for the dates she wanted in a price range they could afford, so they decided to go to New Orleans. She said they are having a Food and Wine celebration the weekend they are going. She looked at going to New York too, but she said it would be $1700 just for hotel and airfare :scared1:.

I went to the doctor today and got good news. My recovery is coming along good and I will start PT Monday. I am not looking forward to that, but I know it is something I have to do.

I asked my WC caseworker about taking my vacation and she said it was fine to take a vacation, just ask the physical therapist what exercises I can do while gone. I have to wear my sling for at least 3 more weeks and then I should be able to go without it most of the time. He also said I did not have to use my Game Ready any longer. He changed my pain meds from Tylox to Lortab 7.5, but honestly I don't see that one does any more, or less, than the other.

I went by the hospital and turned in all my paperwork and had a good visit with a few of my co-workers. I really miss going to work and having that structure. Being a stay a home mom might be great if we were rich and I wasn't injured......:lmao:.

On another note; I started taking my Adderall again today and I do find that my thinking is more coherent, less scattered, but I have also noticed it has a somewhat depressing effect.......hmmmmmmmm. I really don't remember it doing that before :upsidedow. I guess it could be the combination of pain meds with it, but I was given the assurance that it was safe to take them together.

I am so happy to hear that you were given a good report at the doctor's visit. It sounds like things are going along at a good speed.

Too bad Amanda couldn't find the cruise she wanted. I know you said that they were planning on going to New Orleans instead but have they ever been to San Antonio, Texas? I looked at us going down this weekend and the prices weren't bad at all. Sea World has packages that include the hotel and tickets. For three days, it would have cost about $650.00 for all three of us. Having said that, I priced out the more moderately priced hotels since it would be a quick trip. They could also book the hotel separately and buy the tickets separately as well. If we bought the tickets online, it would have only been $150.00 for all three of us.

I am so happy to hear that you were given a good report at the doctor's visit. It sounds like things are going along at a good speed.

Too bad Amanda couldn't find the cruise she wanted. I know you said that they were planning on going to New Orleans instead but have they ever been to San Antonio, Texas? I looked at us going down this weekend and the prices weren't bad at all. Sea World has packages that include the hotel and tickets. For three days, it would have cost about $650.00 for all three of us. Having said that, I priced out the more moderately priced hotels since it would be a quick trip. They could also book the hotel separately and buy the tickets separately as well. If we bought the tickets online, it would have only been $150.00 for all three of us.

I told her she needed to be extremely careful going to NO. She said she had booked them an expensive hotel with good reviews. I hated that they couldn't get anything on the cruise because that was one of the things they had thought about doing for a honeymoon. I don't think she wants to take any cruise from anywhere but Disney. I will mention the San Antonio to her though.

I went to my mailbox today and what did I see?????

C360_2012-04-06-11-24-24-1.jpg

1333729608863-1.png

1333729721925.png

:banana: :cool1: :dance3: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2: MICKEY MAIL, MICKEY MAIL, MICKEY MAIL :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

I love the new luggage tags!! They are totally awesome!!!! The red tags will go great with my new red luggage!!

:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: 28 DAYS :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3:

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I've been MIA for a week or so....sorry girl!! Glad the healing is coming along good, I'm on Lortab 7.5 as well. Sorry Amanda couldn't get the cruise she wanted, and we are planning to meet you on that Saturday. I did think it was the 5th....am I losing my mind? LOL Let Dale and Tyler ride SM with us, I got the GAC, and we can get in and out quickly. I also have another day with you on my calendar, lunch at Kona?? Is that right? That'll probably be just me. I'll meet up with ya'll first thing that morning. Same with Saturday. we'll get there early so we can get together with the GAC and such. I'm in my chair full time while at Disney now, so don't be alarmed. It's a good chair. :) Anyways, I hope you have an awesome Easter, and keep up the feeling good!!! I did WAY too much today, so I'm gonna be totally useless tomorrow. Only gotta take Sami back to Jacksonville, stop on the way back and see family, and wait for Sylvia to get here!!! :) Talk to ya later girlfriend!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I've been MIA for a week or so....sorry girl!! Glad the healing is coming along good, I'm on Lortab 7.5 as well. Sorry Amanda couldn't get the cruise she wanted, and we are planning to meet you on that Saturday. I did think it was the 5th....am I losing my mind? LOL Let Dale and Tyler ride SM with us, I got the GAC, and we can get in and out quickly. I also have another day with you on my calendar, lunch at Kona?? Is that right? That'll probably be just me. I'll meet up with ya'll first thing that morning. Same with Saturday. we'll get there early so we can get together with the GAC and such. I'm in my chair full time while at Disney now, so don't be alarmed. It's a good chair. :) Anyways, I hope you have an awesome Easter, and keep up the feeling good!!! I did WAY too much today, so I'm gonna be totally useless tomorrow. Only gotta take Sami back to Jacksonville, stop on the way back and see family, and wait for Sylvia to get here!!! :) Talk to ya later girlfriend!!!!!

Hey, don't worry about being MIA, I have been too for the past few days. Saturday Dale and I had to do all of our Easter and Birthday shopping, Sunday I had family over for Easter and to celebrate Amanda and Tyler's birthday, and today was my first PT appointment. I am extremely tried, but the pain is back when I try to lay down to sleep :sad2:.

You are right, the 5th is Saturday, we are going to drive down Friday, the 4th, though because Dale got the day off. We won't go to the parks that day because we don't check into ASSp until Saturday. Yes we did decide on Kona as the place to have lunch.

I am working really hard with our daily walks to try and build up so I don't have to rent a wheelchair. I don't know that I am going to be able to go the distance for the whole week though :sad1:. I do find that I distribute my weight differently on my right leg than on my left because my right foot is always burning on the bottom after our walks :headache:.

Update to come tomorrow, I am so tired tonight after PT today. I will say that it was bad, but not as bad as I had built it up in my head. The only problem with that is the physical therapist said it will get more intense after the first 3 weeks :scared1:.

YAAAAY!!! 25 days!!! WOOHOO!!!! I can't wait girl!! Really!! sorry the pain is back, I've been doing SOOO much lately, I don't know which is my arm or which is my leg. EVERYTHING hurts, but stuff needs to get done to get ready for the movers. UG!!! Hope you had a wonderful easter, we did, and happy birthday to Amanda and Tyler!! :)

Saturday Dale and I had to do all of our Easter and Birthday shopping. Tyler's birthday is today HAPPY 23RD BIRTHDAY TYLER and Amanda's is the 23rd, so we combined Easter with their Birthday celebration. I baked my bunny cake that I always make at Easter, only to have everyone making fun of it.

bunnycake2012.png

Dale said it looked like a demented cat..........:lmao:. I think it looks good for something done entirely with my left hand :rolleyes1.

Here is the one I made 2 years ago. I really can't tell the difference

IMG_0869.jpg

Anyway, we had Amanda, Matt, Angie, her friend Jennifer, their 3 boys, and my crew here for lunch. We had a honey ham, green bean casserole, corn casserole, mac and cheese and rolls with iced tea. Demented cat cake was dessert. We had an egg hunt, but I think Dallas is starting to feel that he is too old for that, so next year it will be something else. My sisters Wanda and Linda came over later. After eating and egg hunting the kids went to Dallas' room to play video games and the adults, well the females in the group, sat at the dining table and played Trivial Pursuit.

We had a great day!!!

Now Monday, different story.

My first PT session was yesterday and while it wasn't horrible, it was pretty bad :scared1:. The physical therapist said we were going to take it easy the first 3 weeks because they still don't want me using the muscles in my upper arm. I will be doing active-assistive range of motion exercises like using a pulley.

pulley.png

I was not supposed to use my right arm at all, just hold the handle and pull it up with my left arm. There was no pain on the up swing, but when it was coming back down it felt like there was catch and it would be painful getting past that point. I also do an exercise where I put my hand on a towel and slid it across a table. I will be going 3 times a week for the next 3 weeks then I go back to the doctor.

I keep hoping the pain is going to get better, but so far I am still having pain every day.

Girl, please, you know that this faithful reader hasn't gone anywhere. :lmao: I'm still here. Tell Tyler that we said HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Our babies are growing up waaaaay too fast.

I don't see a darn thing wrong with the demented cat...I mean, bunny rabbit cake. :laughing: Tell everybody to hush up and just enjoy it 'cause you don't see them putting such a creation on the table. ;)

We had a scavenger hunt this year instead of an Easter egg hunt. All of the boys in the family are getting too old for the traditional hunt. So, I made three separate scavenger hunts and each had 15 different clues that I hid all over the yard. Some clues were hidden in the same places but they were numbered so if they got one of the wrong clues, their next clue wouldn't make sense. They had so much fun running around trying to figure out the clues. We have all decided that we are doing a scavenger hunt every time we get together for any holiday and not just for the kids either.

I hope that the PT and pain gets better with time.

YAY for Mickey Mail! I absolutely LOVE those new luggage tags! SO CUTE! :)

I happen to think your Easter cake looks just fine, and I'm sure it tasted delicious!

So sorry you're still having a lot of pain with your shoulder. I keep hoping you're going to feel better soon!

Girl, please, you know that this faithful reader hasn't gone anywhere. :lmao: I'm still here. Tell Tyler that we said HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Our babies are growing up waaaaay too fast.

I don't see a darn thing wrong with the demented cat...I mean, bunny rabbit cake. :laughing: Tell everybody to hush up and just enjoy it 'cause you don't see them putting such a creation on the table. ;)

We had a scavenger hunt this year instead of an Easter egg hunt. All of the boys in the family are getting too old for the traditional hunt. So, I made three separate scavenger hunts and each had 15 different clues that I hid all over the yard. Some clues were hidden in the same places but they were numbered so if they got one of the wrong clues, their next clue wouldn't make sense. They had so much fun running around trying to figure out the clues. We have all decided that we are doing a scavenger hunt every time we get together for any holiday and not just for the kids either.

I hope that the PT and pain gets better with time.

Our babies are growing up fast. I just don't know where the time is going :sad2:.

While Dale was laughing at my demented cat cake he was eating it up.........:lmao:. There is a small piece of it left.

I didn't even think to ask Dallas if he wanted to do something besides hunt eggs, it just didn't cross my mind. My niece Angie's oldest son will be 14 next month and he refused to participate in the hunt :sad2:. Upside to the other 3 boys? The ended up with $12 dollars and all the candy in the eggs :rotfl2:. I love your scavenger hunt idea, what a great plan!! I will have to try that next year.

When I had my evaluation with Wiley(the physical therapist) yesterday, I told him how painful this recovery has been and he said "Yeah, we don't ever tell our patients how bad it is because we don't want to discourage them having the surgery" :scared1: :eek: :eek: :eek: :scared1: Now how in the world could that be informed consent???????

I go back for my second torture session tomorrow!

YAY for Mickey Mail! I absolutely LOVE those new luggage tags! SO CUTE! :)

I happen to think your Easter cake looks just fine, and I'm sure it tasted delicious!

So sorry you're still having a lot of pain with your shoulder. I keep hoping you're going to feel better soon!

Mickey Mail is ALWAYS the best mail!!

Thank you Michelle :goodvibes. He looked much worse after everybody got their share of him :rotfl:.

Thanks again, I know the pain will eventually get better. There was an elderly lady at PT yesterday and she overheard me talking to the PT assistant, and on her way out she told me "Remember to have patients". That is NOT one of my strong points!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter