Mask mandates being lifted in some places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except maybe around Madison, robin :)
Madison is the place I can't wait to leave the most.

I'm in Oshkosh, halfway between Milwaukee and Green Bay. People are generally wearing masks in stores, but there is absolutely no enforcement of the policies what so ever. Which is typical of what has been going on everywhere in the state and everywhere I've been in WI, IL, IN, FL and CO in the last 8 months. Most people are going to do what is asked of them for the right reasons, some people are not going to do what they are told to do for any reason. And some people will virtue signal so hard no matter what they actually think or believe.

I tried wearing a KN95 mask a couple of times last month and couldn't take it after an hour...intense headache & nausea, felt like I was going to throw up any minute. Switched to a different mask and it was much better.

After almost a year of mask debates, everybody will be celebrating when we don't have to wear the darn things anymore.
I dunno, I have some older clientele that seem to be in hog heaven thinking that no one can get them sick. lol And then there's the ones that say they'll probably wear one forever. :crazy2: I'll admit that if I actually AM sick and not this, what I call "the only way to make the entire world comply by telling them that they will kill their friends and family" thing. I will wear a mask in future if I have to go somewhere. All because now we won't look like whack-a-doodles wearing them from here on out. It's like China and Japan now. They do it out of politeness when they're sick and the world doesn't stop turning. That's the way we should have been all along IMO. Definitely not, "everybody wear one for years...just in case". The pandemic took away our American vanity. Make-up? What's make-up? lol

Wash or toss daily.
I was kidding. I have tons in all shapes and sizes but they are still laying in my car and in my purse and don't get washed after every single time I use them. If we were doing it correctly, we would put them on, not touch them once they're on, and wash or toss them the minute we took them off. I don't know anyone that puts a fresh one on after they took it off and maybe headed to another store. We all hang them on the mirror or put them in our purse etc...then throw it back on for the next store. Defeats the purpose of them keeping us germ free lol

Masks are fine. I wear one all day, even when I'm working around the farm all day as I am in contact with other people. Not fun, but making it work.

It's my dry, cracked, painful hands from the constant washing and hand sanitizer that are driving me insane. My hands feel like sandpaper. For real, I could pick up a towel without use my fingers...like just velcroed to my palm.
This is my best friend. Her knuckles were red and stinging. I HATE that feeling you described as velcro! Ugh! Especially when you touch a microfiber towel! :crazy2: I had that happen to me in just 3 days on a cruise trying to not get sick. I was sanitizing at every turn until my hands were peeling....I still got sick. I can't IMAGINE the damage of all that sanitizer after a year of this! I rarely use it. I just wash my hands as usual. My hands stay cleaner than most all day anyway from washing hair lol. After all this time and not getting sick, I'm convinced that not over sanitizing the beneficial bacteria away has been key. If you don't believe me...wipe your butt with a anti-bacterial wet ones thinking it's a baby wipe and see what happens. :joker::joker::joker:

I dunno, I have some older clientele that seem to be in hog heaven thinking that no one can get them sick. lol And then there's the ones that say they'll probably wear one forever. :crazy2: I'll admit that if I actually AM sick and not this, what I call "the only way to make the entire world comply by telling them that they will kill their friends and family" thing. I will wear a mask in future if I have to go somewhere. All because now we won't look like whack-a-doodles wearing them from here on out. It's like China and Japan now. They do it out of politeness when they're sick and the world doesn't stop turning. That's the way we should have been all along IMO. Definitely not, "everybody wear one for years...just in case". The pandemic took away our American vanity. Make-up? What's make-up? lol

But the crazy part is alot of people in the Asian countries don't wear them because they are sick its because of air pollution, yes when sick some but not the way the news has tried to tell people.

And yes there are those that claim they will wear them forever, even here on the dis, and ones that want laws made to make them required forever.

This is my best friend. Her knuckles were red and stinging. I HATE that feeling you described as velcro! Ugh! Especially when you touch a microfiber towel! :crazy2: I had that happen to me in just 3 days on a cruise trying to not get sick. I was sanitizing at every turn until my hands were peeling....I still got sick. I can't IMAGINE the damage of all that sanitizer after a year of this! I rarely use it. I just wash my hands as usual. My hands stay cleaner than most all day anyway from washing hair lol. After all this time and not getting sick, I'm convinced that not over sanitizing the beneficial bacteria away has been key. If you don't believe me...wipe your butt with a anti-bacterial wet ones thinking it's a baby wipe and see what happens. :joker::joker::joker:

And at this point they have determined that its extremely low risk from catching it from touching stuff. So its really time to go back to the normal use of it and hand wash.

If that is what you got from my post, then you significantly misinterpreted it.
Then I misunderstood as well because I thought that the OP posted a picture actually showing the change inside of a mask and you posted that there is never any change between mask and no mask?

But the crazy part is alot of people in the Asian countries don't wear them because they are sick its because of air pollution, yes when sick some but not the way the news has tried to tell people.

And yes there are those that claim they will wear them forever, even here on the dis, and ones that want laws made to make them required forever.

I am a college professor. I can't tell you how many people show up to my classes visibly sick and spewing germs. In the future I will ask my students to NOT come to class if they are ill... and if they do, I will nicely ask them to wear a mask and I will definitely keep disposable masks in my bag for that very reason.

One benefit to my remote teaching this semester.... I have enjoyed not getting sick this winter like I almost always do over semesters with flu or colds.

I absolutely hate wearing a mask and will stop wearing one the minute they are no longer required. However, I do think it makes sense to wear them in certain situations in the future (as many countries do). If you're sick and HAVE to go out, wear a mask. Doctor visit during cold/flu season, wear a mask.

And at this point they have determined that its extremely low risk from catching it from touching stuff. So its really time to go back to the normal use of it and hand wash.
I read that as well. It seems it doesn't matter what the CDC says to most people. When they told us that it wasn't typically transferable through surfaces, we backed off the constant sanitizing of surfaces after every single client and went back to normal using microban before and after the work day but you wouldn't believe the people that have a problem with this. They can't grasp the concept that if I have to spray off everything every few minutes, then that defeats the purpose of a 24hour continuously working spray. You get tired trying to explain things to people that have it in their heads that it's one way and one way only.

I am a college professor. I can't tell you how many people show up to my classes visibly sick and spewing germs. In the future I will ask my students to NOT come to class if they are ill... and if they do, I will nicely ask them to wear a mask and I will definitely keep disposable masks in my bag for that very reason.

One benefit to my remote teaching this semester.... I have enjoyed not getting sick this winter like I almost always do over semesters with flu or colds.
True, that is one good thing. I think from now on people will definitely be more courteous when they are sick and do more to prevent the spread. I can't tell you how many times in my career that I've heard, "I've been so sick but I thought getting my hair done might make me feel better." :sad2: Makes me soooo mad!!! People only care about themselves and didn't even have a problem telling you that they do! I had to keep masks in my station loooong before this virus just because of inconsiderate jerks. In fact, I have one client who is 100% guaranteed to either be sick herself or someone in her household would have some bug and she would bring it to me. I even go out of my way to ask her if she or anyone is sick because I don't want to get sick too! People are far more aware and seemingly more considerate now. I mean, people won't even cough without explaining it anymore lol.

I read that as well. It seems it doesn't matter what the CDC says to most people. When they told us that it wasn't typically transferable through surfaces, we backed off the constant sanitizing of surfaces after every single client and went back to normal using microban before and after the work day but you wouldn't believe the people that have a problem with this. They can't grasp the concept that if I have to spray off everything every few minutes, then that defeats the purpose of a 24hour continuously working spray. You get tired trying to explain things to people that have it in their heads that it's one way and one way only.

Alot of places around me have slowed down on the constant cleaning, not sure because of the change or laziness. I will say Trader Joes put a sign out saying they are done cleaning the carts and if you wish you may use a wipe to wipe it down, they have the stand with them on it.

It is a proven fact that masks do not lower O2 saturation nor do they increase CO2 intake. I deal with this with Covid patients (and other lung-compromised patients) on a daily basis. Their O2 sats do not change at all with their masks on or off. And yes, people with sats that drop into the 50s just from rolling over in bed have no issues wearing a mask.

I had to go to urgent care yesterday for a totally stupid and non-covid-related issue, and they're requesting patients double mask. So I had my pretty fabric mask over a blue disposable that they gave me, and my O2 was still 100.

I think the constant cleaning and sanitizing at this point has more to do with psychology than anything. It isn't an expectation because of any faith that it helps. It is an expectation because it makes people feel like you're doing everything you can and therefore they're safe in your space. It is a way of rationalizing away risk. And for the people still sanitizing everything, it is a means of asserting a small measure of control in an out of control situation.

We never had a mandate, we weren't even required to wear masks at the polls (we did). It's so bad here that even the workers and officials at the polls didn't need to wear them. And a letter was sent out to tell them to put one on if asked but to act "surprised" when they do (seriously).

This place I swear....

Alot of places around me have slowed down on the constant cleaning, not sure because of the change or laziness. I will say Trader Joes put a sign out saying they are done cleaning the carts and if you wish you may use a wipe to wipe it down, they have the stand with them on it.
I'm actually shocked at it being Trader Joes...who by all accounts is all about that peace, love and kindness to your neighbor stuff lol

Off-subject a bit here and I'm jumping to a lot of conclusions here :P . Since you mentioned "cruise" and "sanitizing" I"m assuming you got the typical cruise ship Norovirus? If so, sanitizer does nothing to stop that. It requires bleach. Just my PSA (although maybe you just got a cold or respiratory something in which case that would have been mostly airborne). Anyway, back to the topic at hand!

Get this. As I've been sitting here typing this stuff, I get a text telling me that someone I was at the house of yesterday is positive. Figures. lol This makes the 5th time I've been told that I was exposed. I'm not worried but it's funny how as soon as you're told, you start thinking you have to cough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter