Masks back at DL starting July 30

Rediculous and really disappointing to say the least. I'd be cancelling, but were only 2 weeks from our trip and I'm not sure I can do that to the kids at this point. It's not even really the actuall mask wearing that bothers me that much. My problem with it is more philisophical, but this isn't the forum for that discussion. ;) Anyway, i'm sure we will still have a good time. Probably spend more time outside by the pool perusing the Trader Sams menu than I had originally planned on, lol.

I believe it now states it's on all the rides indoors or outdoors and in the queues. You can basically wander Main St and other common areas maskless and that's it. Very much regretting the 900 we spent for Bash tickets as I don't think those are going to be refunded if we cancel our trip. Vaccination is a joke in that case.

No, it says "throughout MANY attractions."

It does not say ALL attractions. So, they still need to be more clear. The statement starts by saying INDOORS.

Rediculous and really disappointing to say the least. I'd be cancelling, but were only 2 weeks from our trip and I'm not sure I can do that to the kids at this point. It's not even really the actuall mask wearing that bothers me that much. My problem with it is more philisophical, but this isn't the forum for that discussion. ;) Anyway, i'm sure we will still have a good time. Probably spend more time outside by the pool perusing the Trader Sams menu than I had originally planned on, lol.

Are your kids vaccinated? Would they have been wearing masks regardless if they aren't?

What I'm wondering about is, are they going to go back to how masks were being required prior to June 15? Or will this be more limited to just indoor situations?

It does not say ALL attractions. So, they still need to be more clear. The statement starts by saying INDOORS.

I agree that's the original communication but someone shared a screenshot in Facebook group I am on which looked to be from Disney that indicated only outdoor common areas could be unmasked.

Good catch. Hopefully that is a sign that certain outdoor attractions won't require them.

I have come to accept the change for our upcoming trips, but my biggest concern at this point is that they don't bring them back outdoors, because of how it effects when and where you can eat and drink, or just take a breather without the mask. The reports of people having trouble to find a place to eat/drink in designated areas (with lower crowd levels than now) would be enough for us to cancel our scheduled trips. While we did WDW world with outdoor masks, you were allowed to stop and drink/eat anywhere in the park and the maskless rest areas were very helpful.

In short, if this is the limit to moving back to previous measures, I will be grateful and keep our plans.

That definitely was not the case when we went a month ago. I would say less than half were of the cast members were wearing them outside. At the time they were still required to wear them indoors.

Admittedly, I haven't paid that much attention to the cast outside unless I am purchasing something from them, but all of the cast I personally have interacted with indoors and outdoors have been masked. Employees were also masked in DTD at Earl of Sandwich and Sprinkles. When we do see one without a mask, it is usually a Leader or security. Not sure what has changed, but I was surprised myself since we were prepared to be the only people masked like at home. It is about 50/50 with guests, which also surprised me because I thought it would be less.

Admittedly, I haven't paid that much attention to the cast outside unless I am purchasing something from them, but all of the cast I personally have interacted with indoors and outdoors have been masked. Employees were also masked in DTD at Earl of Sandwich and Sprinkles. When we do see one without a mask, it is usually a Leader or security. Not sure what has changed, but I was surprised myself since we were prepared to be the only people masked like at home. It is about 50/50 with guests, which also surprised me because I thought it would be less.

50/50 for guests is a major change from when I went in early July. I would have put it at about 90/10 or even less with masks at that time.

Here is the official statement:
“We are adapting our health and safety guidelines based on guidance from health and government officials, and will require Cast Members and Guests ages 2 and up, to wear face coverings in all indoor locations at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort beginning Friday, July 30, regardless of vaccination status. At Walt Disney World Resort, this includes upon entering and throughout all attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, including shuttles, buses, monorails and at Disney Skyliner.”

It looks like the “all attractions” language is only for WDW. There doesn’t appear to be a mandatory mask mandate for outdoor DLR attractions.
I think you are reading too much into this. DL doesn't have transportation vehicles at the moment - thus the WDW distinction.

I think you are reading too much into this. DL doesn't have transportation vehicles at the moment - thus the WDW distinction.

Yes they do. The bus from the Toy Story parking lot. But that always required masks, even right now.

So I think the KEY words are MANY attractions (not every or all). So sounds like this does not include outdoor queues or rides that exist entirely outdoors.

As much as this change disappoints a lot of people (me too in some respect), I want to give Disney props for acting quickly given the delta variant.

For what it is worth, we were at WDW in April and had to wear masks the whole time there and it wasn't horrible. It didn't diminish our trip (WE WERE AT DISNEY) and I doubt it's going to diminish our DL trip in a couple weeks either.

I also look at masks as another way to flash our Disney love. Call it another piece of 'flair'.

Screenshot of the Disneyland app:

View attachment 593076
Yep. I've seen that. I've been trying to locate the other screenshot to see if maybe it was a WDW related post or just another page for Disneyland with conflicting info. What was posted though was pretty clear it was for all rides and queues, which I know WDW is doing.

50/50 for guests is a major change from when I went in early July. I would have put it at about 90/10 or even less with masks at that time.

Which is what we expected, especially outdoors, but people are wearing them as much as they are not even when walking around outside. In lines there has rarely been a time when the party in front of us and behind us are both unmasked.

Yep. I've seen that. I've been trying to locate the other screenshot to see if maybe it was a WDW related post or just another page for Disneyland with conflicting info. What was posted though was pretty clear it was for all rides and queues, which I know WDW is doing.

The post from DLgal clearly says many attractions and not all.

As much as this change disappoints a lot of people (me too in some respect), I want to give Disney props for acting quickly given the delta variant.

For what it is worth, we were at WDW in April and had to wear masks the whole time there and it wasn't horrible. It didn't diminish our trip (WE WERE AT DISNEY) and I doubt it's going to diminish our DL trip in a couple weeks either.

I also look at masks as another way to flash our Disney love. Call it another piece of 'flair'.

Yeah, Disney has always said they will align with CDC recommendations and I think the only reason it took them until June 15 to drop masks was because of the CA state mandate that was in place until then.

That said, we went to Disneyland twice in May with masks and it was okay. The weather was nice...upper 60s/low 70s.

We went again in July. Masks outside would have been very difficult to tolerate. It hasn't been a "dry heat" summer like we usually have. Humidity has averaged in the 70% range for the last month. And its been hot. We were all uncomfortable on our July visits WITHOUT masks. Just warning you to be prepared for what it will be like. WDW in April is more comfortable than July at Disneyland. Make sure you have lightweight masks and stop and drink OFTEN. Luckily you can remove them in walkways and such. That's a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter