Masks no longer required outdoors at WDW

I really hope masks stay around for when people are feeling sick. We need to make it not have a negative reaction to it. Who cares if someone wears a mask all the time it's there face. I loved not having a cold or flu this year. And I hope if people have sniffles and such they will mask up if they have to go out.

Went the the walk in and needed antibiotics and your contagious for 24 hours. Mask up. Post nasal drip with a cough mask up if you have to go out. Idk I hope this happens but I doubt ppl will.

You’ve put this so, so well and somehow half the people who read it are going to come away thinking “this masker wants to take away my freedoms to be scared forever”when that’s not what anyone was saying.

And constant replies of ‘well don’t like it , don’t go’ and comparisons of ‘well we didn’t like the old policy so now it’s your sides turn to not like a policy’ are doing nothing for the conversation.

The very best part of all this eventually being over is we can just go back to arguing over stuff that matters - like re-themes of classic rides and the return of FP+. popcorn::
Yes...FastPass needs to return ASAP. Disney also needs to get the EPCOT monorail up and going....like now! 😬

This 100%. While I hope they keep masks indoor as a rule until after the fall, if they change that rule I hope they do so to give me enough time to cancel our October trip. This new rule will not cause me to cancel, but I do not want to ride the bus or stand in line for 40 minutes sandwiched between people who are not wearing masks until rates fall significantly more. Let's not forget that Disney has international tourists and many countries are still in the thick of the pandemic.

You might as well cancel now, because I seriously doubt there will still be masking indoors in OCTOBER. However I don’t know how you could possibly make the statement that you’d want to cancel a trip that is 6mo away based on today’s information/statistics - which is actually quite good and getting better.

Other people NOT wearing a mask doesn’t have to endanger yours either. Wear a better mask - they do exist. This is such a tired and pointless argument.
Come next fall if someone has the flu or cold and is walking around coughing and sneezing and looks like death and has no mask on I'm gonna be giving a stinky eye for sure because this does and will get others sick. Other country's such as japan has been using masks for this reason for a very very long time. Just gotta make it normal.

Come next fall if someone has the flu or cold and is walking around coughing and sneezing and looks like death and has no mask on I'm gonna be giving a stinky eye for sure because this does and will get others sick. Other country's such as japan has been using masks for this reason for a very very long time. Just gotta make it normal.

That has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I would also say that I cannot ever remember, in my entire life, being out and about and seeing someone else that made me think “wow, that person looks sick.” Now if people want to wear masks to avoid colds, flu, etc., that makes sense to me - my husband and I were pleased with the lack of random illness this past year. Of course I was also homeschooling, and most of our sickness comes from kids bringing it home, not us catching it when out in the grocery store - because catching something - anything! - from a random passerby is extremely unlikely.

Every culture has to balance the needs of the individual vs. society. Japan tends to swing more towards the societal side of the balance, while the US favors the individual. As such, I’d be very surprised if masks ever became the norm here.

Are people from abroad allowed to travel to the States or only citizens living abroad?
Us Canadians have always been allowed to fly to the States, but our borders are closed for driving. We’re way behind in terms of vaccines compared to the States. I don’t know anyone who is fully vaccinated at this point.

Not here to debate masks. I don’t believe ANY policy change should happen overnight. I do know things happen when you travel and especially when you travel during a pandemic. One should be prepared for it. But most often I’ve found if there was a policy change, places will allow you to abide by the ones in place when you booked. Obviously in this case that can’t happen.

Not here to debate masks. I don’t believe ANY policy change should happen overnight. I do know things happen when you travel and especially when you travel during a pandemic. One should be prepared for it. But most often I’ve found if there was a policy change, places will allow you to abide by the ones in place when you booked. Obviously in this case that can’t happen.
I feel pretty confident that Disney will be very flexible with their cancellation policy for anyone who wants to cancel or postpone based on updated Covid policies.

Except requiring you to wear a mask doesn't endanger your health, so really not the same...
The cdc says neither does not wearing a mask outside. Are we trusting science or not now? And, you don’t have to go to Wdw, so if you (collective) feel it endangers your health then certainly that should be more important than losing points or a deposit.

Yes...FastPass needs to return ASAP. Disney also needs to get the EPCOT monorail up and going....like now! 😬
Off topic from masks but I have a gut feeling the Epcot monorail will be out of commission at least until some of the present futureworld (are we still calling it that or has it switched to the new names yet?) construction has finished

Right, makes sense under normal circumstances, but, as was said ad nauseam in the beginning of all this, this situation is unprecedented. So if it’s for safety, it’s impossible to say something will be safe to do in a week or whatever. They would have so much noncompliance it would be ridiculous. It’s just crazy to me that ppl seem to have forgotten all the arguments they gave others as to why they didn’t have any right to be disappointed when the mask policy went in place in the first place.

Off topic from masks but I have a gut feeling the Epcot monorail will be out of commission at least until some of the present futureworld (are we still calling it that or has it switched to the new names yet?) construction has finished
I was told it was down due to the distancing requirements during our last visit. It's a huge pain when staying at the Poly especially the poly. Super easy to jump on at the TTC. ☹

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter