Masks Provide More Protection Against Covid-19 Than A Vaccine

[
Are you sure it's the masks that are 100% effective? Other precautions may possibly have had a significant impact.

Of course there could be but since I haven’t had a vaccine I know that isn’t a contributing factor in me not getting it

Well, today masks are more effective than a vaccine.
Why? 'Cause we don't yet have a vaccine.

Hopefully that will change soon, and THEN the vaccine will be better than a mask -- and until everyone is vaccinated, we all have the option to wear the mask too.

Well, today masks are more effective than a vaccine.
Why? 'Cause we don't yet have a vaccine.

Hopefully that will change soon, and THEN the vaccine will be better than a mask -- and until everyone is vaccinated, we all have the option to wear the mask too.
Most people, however, aren't planning to take the vaccine, especially in the beginning, unless forced to do so, like us HCWs (aka guinea pigs).

Most people, however, aren't planning to take the vaccine, especially in the beginning, unless forced to do so, like us HCWs (aka guinea pigs).

I think the bigger is issue is the ones that may get it aren’t gonna be the high risk areas. Time and time again we have seen some of the worst outbreaks in dense low income housing and areas, and those people are the least likely to be the first to get in line for one.

I think the bigger is issue is the ones that may get it aren’t gonna be the high risk areas. Time and time again we have seen some of the worst outbreaks in dense low income housing and areas, and those people are the least likely to be the first to get in line for one.
Good point. Where I am there have been massive educational efforts in some of these communities. Still, though, people can't be forced to take it (yet, in most cases), if they don't want to. There has to be buy in. And with all the discourse that's out there now, it will be a big challenge to get people to agree to take it where they're not afraid they're going to drop dead the minute they get the shot. Everyone is too busy criticizing everyone else than to work together to find a solution to this. It's really unfortunate.

Good point. Where I am there have been massive educational efforts in some of these communities. Still, though, people can't be forced to take it (yet, in most cases), if they don't want to. There has to be buy in. And with all the discourse that's out there now, it will be a big challenge to get people to agree to take it where they're not afraid they're going to drop dead the minute they get the shot. Everyone is too busy criticizing everyone else than to work together to find a solution to this. It's really unfortunate.

It really is. I really wish the media would stop running their mouth on vaccine topic. Right now the situation is they are working on and hoping for sooner than later, nothing else really to say till results start coming in. that will help people since they need to focus on the now and enjoy each day as much as they can in the way they need to.

If you change "most" to "some", I think you'll have a factual statement. I often think these boards would be more truthful without the adjectives.
Still, though, people can't be forced to take it (yet, in most cases), if they don't want to. There has to be buy in.
Agree that people can't be forced to take the short, but I suspect a good number of employers (and schools) will require the shot -- maybe not at first, but eventually. Faced with the consequences of NOT taking the shot, a lot of "not mes" will decide to take it.

The CDC loses credibility with the public when they make a statement one day and then a day or two later change their position/policy. Regardless of why they make these changes, it makes them look disorganized or their internal approval process is broken. Certainly not the way to inspire public confidence in any covid vaccine that might become available.

The CDC loses credibility with the public when they make a statement one day and then a day or two later change their position/policy. Regardless of why they make these changes, it makes them look disorganized or their internal approval process is broken. Certainly not the way to inspire public confidence in any covid vaccine that might become available.
While some people may lose faith with the CDC with the various changes, I think others realize that the CDC is full of people of science. Science is an "art", that is, it can be subjective from day to day. And this whole situation is new, and they are still learning about it.

Things are subject to change at any time regarding the disease, and any treatment of it.

And that is the objective-the CDC is not always making those changes. The changed testing guidance was posted to to their website with out them vetting it by someone with access to edit that site. That is a scary scary scary thing and its exactly what is intended. Dr Redfield did not misunderstand or misspeak-someone chose to say he did. The did not walk back on the new guidance on aerosols -they were either ordered to change it back or it was done for them.

Things are subject to change at any time regarding the disease, and any treatment of it.

I am not talking about our evolving knowledge of covid. I am referring to recent examples where posted documents were modified a day or two after being posted.

While some people may lose faith with the CDC with the various changes, I think others realize that the CDC is full of people of science. Science is an "art", that is, it can be subjective from day to day. And this whole situation is new, and they are still learning about it.

Science doesn’t change as fast as the CDC retractions. :)

If these people are not basing their guidelines on data and facts but instead they are on their subjective feelings then they shouldn't be scientists.

Um, how is the scientific method an "art"? If it's not following the scientific method, then it's not science.

If you change "most" to "some", I think you'll have a factual statement. I often think these boards would be more truthful without the adjectives.
Agree that people can't be forced to take the short, but I suspect a good number of employers (and schools) will require the shot -- maybe not at first, but eventually. Faced with the consequences of NOT taking the shot, a lot of "not mes" will decide to take it.
I think it just depends where you work whether you will be forced to take the shot.

For the flu shot in 2019, the majority in the US did NOT get it: Last flu season, 45.3% of adults in the U.S. got the shot, while approximately 54.7% did not.

That’s most, isn’t it?

Back in May, 72%of people in the US said they would take a Covid vaccine. By early August, that number was down to 52%. I’m guessing that in the past couple of weeks the number has dropped even further with the lack of confidence in the CDC and other federal agencies and talk of a trial stopping due to a serious side effect in one of the trial members. So I’m pretty comfortable saying most with that as well. Watching comments most I’ve seen say they prefer to wait on it.

Science doesn’t change as fast as the CDC retractions. :)

Oh it sure can. Especially in a novel situation like this one. There is no established science on this particular virus, so the understanding of it has literally been growing daily.

Um, how is the scientific method an "art"? If it's not following the scientific method, then it's not science.

So....the scientific method is basically the art of failing forward. It is not immovable and unchanging (even the most longstanding theories are retested to see if they still hold up). It's a complete misconception that art is fluid while science is rigid.

I think it just depends where you work whether you will be forced to take the shot.

For the flu shot in 2019, the majority in the US did NOT get it: Last flu season, 45.3% of adults in the U.S. got the shot, while approximately 54.7% did not.

That’s most, isn’t it?

Back in May, 72%of people in the US said they would take a Covid vaccine. By early August, that number was down to 52%. I’m guessing that in the past couple of weeks the number has dropped even further with the lack of confidence in the CDC and other federal agencies and talk of a trial stopping due to a serious side effect in one of the trial members. So I’m pretty comfortable saying most with that as well. Watching comments most I’ve seen say they prefer to wait on it.

I could see manufacturing industries requiring it because it can be so difficult to operate and successfully distance workers, much like the meat packing plants experienced.

I also have been wondering about cruise lines. We postponed a cruise until 2021 and I mentioned to DH we may require a passport and proof of vaccination in order to travel internationally at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter