Masks?

Thanks for posting. Wouldn't have thought of Old Navy for masks.

Don’t order from old navy or gap. Orders aren’t getting shipped. They will tell you they have shipped and then when you check the tracking it says waiting for pick up. I’ve had masks from old navy “waiting to be picked up” for 2 weeks now and an order from Gap sitting there for a week now. It’s possible to get through to customer service and when you do they tell you they can’t cancel the order because it’s “shipped”. So they are taking your money but nothing is actually being shipped out.

I know this seems like a weird place for masks but I ordered some from weddingstar. They only took a few days to arrive. They have kids and adults and have some cute patterns. The ones I got were really soft and I’m happy with the quality. They have the wire at the nose and the elastic can be adjusted.

Don’t order from old navy or gap. Orders aren’t getting shipped. They will tell you they have shipped and then when you check the tracking it says waiting for pick up. I’ve had masks from old navy “waiting to be picked up” for 2 weeks now and an order from Gap sitting there for a week now. It’s possible to get through to customer service and when you do they tell you they can’t cancel the order because it’s “shipped”. So they are taking your money but nothing is actually being shipped out.
Thanks for the information. I have ordered masks from poshmark, etsy, Disney, and ebay. Looking forward to the masks from Disney.

Natural Food Pantry apparently has some (currently only black but the website says they will have other colours). My sister bought a few they are 3 for $25 I think she said?

I love the Disney ones but I worry about the customs/duty/taxes.

We ordered masks with two sets of strings to tie behind the head. I was hating the ones with ear elastics because they really pushed my ears forward. With the strings I can adjust for a perfect tight fit over my face and my husband can fit it over his big beard. If anyone is struggling with fit , I recommend looking into the ones that tie in the back.

Last edited:

I really hope they make masks mandatory here. Just ran out to pick up a couple things at Shoppers. None of the staff was wearing masks. They weren’t controlling the number of people so the store was crowded. And a lot of people, including staff was paying no attention to distancing. Funny the only people that were had masks on 🙄.

I really hope they make masks mandatory here. Just ran out to pick up a couple things at Shoppers. None of the staff was wearing masks. They weren’t controlling the number of people so the store was crowded. And a lot of people, including staff was paying no attention to distancing. Funny the only people that were had masks on 🙄.
It’s the same here . People for the most part are equating cautious reopening strategy to mean “Virus is gone !! Let’s proceed as normal !!!” I went to Shoppers today .. one employee in a mask and myself. I’m all for opening the economy and getting things up and running where we can to try to get out of this financial crisis, but why not safely and with precautions ?

Last edited:
It’s the same here . People for the most part are equating cautious reopening strategy to mean “Virus is gone !! Let’s proceed as normal !!!” I went to Shoppers today .. one employee in a mask and myself. I’m all for opening the economy and getting things up and running where we can to try to get out of this financial crisis, but why not safely and with precautions ?

The thing is if people don’t do things safely, cases could start to spike again. It would really kill the economy if we have to shut everything down again. That’s what makes me so mad.

Bought some masks from Etsy which we're happy with (plus we 3d printed some mask extenders.)

I went to shopping today and I was the only one wearing a mask that I saw. Some people were distancing but many people weren't distancing at all and they couldn't even seem to follow the arrows on the floor. I guess I don't get it... We've spent weeks isolating and staying at home (doing damage to the economy, kid's school years, people's employment, limiting travel, etc...) and as soon as things loosen even slightly people are out there like nothing ever happened.

I went to the mall for the first time today and OMG...so many floor markers. And they are all the same colour. They honestly should have red going one way and green another, or something like that. And then they have the arrows that cut across the floor LOL I was literally giggling about the whole experience. People likely thought I was nuts. I would say half the people had on masks and all of the stores had you use sanitizer upon entry and were monitoring the numbers going in and out and closing their doors when at capacity.

And I went to the Superstore for groceries around 11am. I won't do that again! Too many people for me. I typically get up and go before 9am on the weekend to avoid the crowds and so I don't have to wear a mask.

I wish everyone treats this seriously as we may carry the virus without any symptom. In Beijing China, the capital city, they have just discovered the second wave of outbreak with new community cases. This time, they seem to blame it on salmon?! So I believe we should all do our parts of wearing a mask whenever when are in public or stores.

couple of suggestions for masks to buy
giant tiger is selling them both in store and online, was out for a walk yesterday and remembered that I'm out of chocolate chips and they carry ones that are made in Canada and are much better than name brands and MUCH cheaper. They were selling them at the door for $1.00 a piece since our city is now mandated to wear masks
20200614_150510.jpg20200614_150531.jpg
there's a wonderful doctor in our city who writes daily updates on her Facebook page and her website that are full of facts and numbers about COVID-19 and her personal experiences. She's been a big mask wearing promoter (has collected thousands to send to northern remote communities) and a company she recommends when people ask her where to get quality made masks she always says to check this company out. Based in Rockwood Ontario, everything is 100%Canadian made
https://www.hidesinhand.com/
and this one that's based in guelph Ontario (my city!) They're made by Vince and he donates one for every 5 he sells
https://www.masksbyvince.com/

Alberta - free, just go to A&W, Tim's or McDonalds lol ... technically, supposed to be 1 - 4 pack of masks per Albertan. They are just the disposable ones.

couple of suggestions for masks to buy
giant tiger is selling them both in store and online, was out for a walk yesterday and remembered that I'm out of chocolate chips and they carry ones that are made in Canada and are much better than name brands and MUCH cheaper. They were selling them at the door for $1.00 a piece since our city is now mandated to wear masks
View attachment 501226View attachment 501227
there's a wonderful doctor in our city who writes daily updates on her Facebook page and her website that are full of facts and numbers about COVID-19 and her personal experiences. She's been a big mask wearing promoter (has collected thousands to send to northern remote communities) and a company she recommends when people ask her where to get quality made masks she always says to check this company out. Based in Rockwood Ontario, everything is 100%Canadian made
https://www.hidesinhand.com/
and this one that's based in guelph Ontario (my city!) They're made by Vince and he donates one for every 5 he sells
https://www.masksbyvince.com/

Thanks for the links and info.

FYI, I am not clear if you were saying that the disposable masks sold at Giant Tiger are made in Canada or the chocolate chips you got were.

But the disposable masks sold at Giant Tiger [online or in store; 20 for $19.97] [ see online here: https://www.gianttiger.com/product/...asks+with+earloops+-+20pk..do?sortby=ourPicks ] are made in China.

They meet the Chinese GB/T 32610-2016 standard but do not specify the grade [which apparently usually means they are the lowest, D], which is a "Technical specification of daily protective mask" [as opposed to a "medical mask"]. If anyone is interested, a Google search will get you info about the standard, as will this page: https://www.sesec.eu/comparison-of-...nical-specification-of-daily-protective-mask/

FWIW, I have bought disposable masks from a number of companies in the last couple weeks [Giant Tiger, well.ca, Costco.ca, and Starkmans.com] they are all to that same standard and only one actually specified what level [it was D] !!

The Giant Tiger website specifies their masks have a "98% bacterial and viral filtration efficiency" which is very good for this type of mask, and they are one of the few sites selling disposable non-medical masks that actually specify what the BFE rating is [which makes me wonder why the others do not....].

We will buy more from Giant Tiger. The masks are well-priced [better than most except Costco], and the 20 pack is convenient especially vs the others which are 50 packs.

Are you able to share the name of the Doctor whose page you follow ? It sounds like they would be worthwhile to pay attention to.

Is this the Guelph doctor you were talking about ? https://www.guelphtoday.com/the-fro...ik-a-doctor-battling-covid-19-head-on-2290212

SW

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter