Matt's 18th Birthday trip - Now Live

Welcome home.
Just read the post to Matt.
Glad our help with your planning worked so well.

Matt has decided to have his Psychology unit 4 paper remarked. Units 1,2 & 3 he gained an A grade in each, unit 4 has give him an overall grade of B but only 2 marks away from an A overall. Doesn't make a great deal of difference to him but he was expecting an A, even with all the others being A*, A's and Distinction the B is bothering him when he knows he should have got A in that subject.

Don't blame him.

Nearly 20 yrs ago I got a B in my history A level when I'd always been an 'A' student in that subject. Teacher told me i'd missed by a mark. I still got on my university course and didn't even realise I could have gone for a remark. Knowing what i know now I would have asked for a remark. Two of my husband's A level grades were increased after a remark (good job or I wouldn't have met him at Uni :rotfl2:)

Whatever the outcome at least he'll know for definite.

Hi Wayne a friends daughter was 2 marks off an a in chemistry this week. The paper was remarked a she went 8 marks above so now has 3 A's. Definately should try.

Matt has decided to have his Psychology unit 4 paper remarked. Units 1,2 & 3 he gained an A grade in each, unit 4 has give him an overall grade of B but only 2 marks away from an A overall. Doesn't make a great deal of difference to him but he was expecting an A, even with all the others being A*, A's and Distinction the B is bothering him when he knows he should have got A in that subject.

Remark results have arrived for Unit 4 Psychology:
Original mark 68 UMS Grade C = overall Grade B
Remark 85 UMS Grade A = overall Grade A

I think whoever marked originally was having a bad day, Matt knew he should have had A.

Final grades now:
Sociology: A*
English Language: A
Psychology: A
General Studies: A
EPQ: A
AQA Baccalaureate: Distinction

Well worth the remarking then...Congratulations to Matt on an already excellent set of results that just got better!:thumbsup2

But what a difference in the marking though - totally shocking and disgraceful how he could have been marked so low in the first place...makes you wonder about the other kids marked by the same person and if anyone lost out.

Fantastic results Matt.:thumbsup2

Not sure if it's a difficult subject to mark, but my DD took her 1st Psychology unit in Jan this year (AS) - nearly all the class had to have their papers re-marked and jumped 1 or 2 grades when completed.

I am so pleased you were successful. Students work so hard and they deserve the results the have worked for. Congratulations Matt. :)

Wow that's a huge UMS shift!!! You're right, the examiner mustn't have been having a good day when they marked it!!

Well done Matt :)

:goodvibes

Great results!:thumbsup2

What is Matt studying at Uni?

English Language and considering 2 minor options in Sociology, Criminology or Sociolinguistics.

He has opted for study abroad which will take him to North Carolina (Chapel Hill Uni) for his 2nd year.

English Language and considering 2 minor options in Sociology, Criminology or Sociolinguistics.

He has opted for study abroad which will take him to North Carolina (Chapel Hill Uni) for his 2nd year.

Superb! I wish I had the chance to study abroad at that age....
My daughter is only 12 and is looking into US universities that do zoology and basketball already, Texas A&M is looking good just now!:rotfl2:

Hi Wayne, can't believe how the mark has changed, it is almost unbelievable but Matt knew he did better so pass on our congratualations to him. Sure he is busy sorting everything out but wish he all the very best from us. :thumbsup2

Looking to book 3 weeks next July/Aug maybe OKW not quite sure yet and waiting for better flights to maybe come out. Impressed when we saw you at the Dismeet.

Hi Wayne, can't believe how the mark has changed, it is almost unbelievable but Matt knew he did better so pass on our congratualations to him. Sure he is busy sorting everything out but wish he all the very best from us. :thumbsup2

Looking to book 3 weeks next July/Aug maybe OKW not quite sure yet and waiting for better flights to maybe come out. Impressed when we saw you at the Dismeet.

We are getting him ready for Uni, went out at the weekend to buy him more things incl a suitcase to transport his washing home when he visits us:rotfl:

Yesterday Karen put in a request for next summers holiday dates, we are planning 25th July ~ 17th Aug (possibly 18th) but offsite next year, Disney have increased prices just a little too much for me.

Matt's latest blog entry if anyone wants a read, hard for me to read as one of the strongest memories I have of my Mum is coming back from the dentist (exactly 11 years ago to the time of this post) on Sept 11th to find her in tears watching Sky News.
http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/

Got pics back from our Photopass. Thought I would post a few.

Photo0703FourBySix.jpg

Photo0444FourBySix.jpg

Photo0066FourBySix.jpg

Photo0298FourBySix.jpg

Photo0119FourBySix.jpg

Photo0126FourBySix.jpg

Photo0409FourBySix.jpg

Photo0107FourBySix.jpg

Oh Wayne those are awesome! You can see who the hero is .... Uncle Matt :rotfl2:

Love that last one especially!

Photopass photographers seemed to have upped their game a bit this last visit. We also got a lot more good photos and some 'different' ones from the usual run of the mill shots we usually come home with :)

Just reading your sons blog. Really made me chuckle and brought back sooo many memories (becoming distant now). Pleased for you he has settled in so well! I'd forgotten how much Freshers eat!

Photopass photographers seemed to have upped their game a bit this last visit. We also got a lot more good photos and some 'different' ones from the usual run of the mill shots we usually come home with :)
I am still not a fan of the photographers/photopass, you have to have many many pics taken to get the odd good shot. I would say the ratio is something like every 40-50 pics gets a good one. I think its very expensive and you have to spend quite a bit of time having pics taken. I would never do it just us on our own.
Nice to get a few special effect shots & borders though.

Just reading your sons blog. Really made me chuckle and brought back sooo many memories (becoming distant now). Pleased for you he has settled in so well! I'd forgotten how much Freshers eat!
He started with his studies this week, loved Freshers week (far more than I expected)
On Friday he got an email from the University, they have been following his blog after it showed up when they were checking which sites were trending with Lancaster Uni. Went to see them about it on Monday, they are wanting to link it to their Facebook page to help prospective future students understand what the experience is like. Some might have noticed he has added a new tab "University" http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/ so they can link to posts relating to this subject. He said everyone in the office had read his blog and knew him.:rotfl2:
While he was there they also asked if he was interested in being an Outreach Ambassador, he has filled in a form so hopefully that will go thru OK, they pay £8/hr so that will help.

wayneg said:
He started with his studies this week, loved Freshers week (far more than I expected)
On Friday he got an email from the University, they have been following his blog after it showed up when they were checking which sites were trending with Lancaster Uni. Went to see them about it on Monday, they are wanting to link it to their Facebook page to help prospective future students understand what the experience is like. Some might have noticed he has added a new tab "University" http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/ so they can link to posts relating to this subject. He said everyone in the office had read his blog and knew him.:rotfl2:
While he was there they also asked if he was interested in being an Outreach Ambassador, he has filled in a form so hopefully that will go thru OK, they pay £8/hr so that will help.

Congrats to Matt on the university recognition!!!!!
That's very impressive!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter