May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic: :offtopic:

Has anyone ever participated in MouseAdventure at DL? We have registered for this year's event and are wondering if anyone else is - or if you've done it before did you enjoy it?

I just had to post that I got a letter from the school a couple of weeks ago that we could opt out of parent-teacher conferences this year because my DD was doing so well. (Which the teacher encouraged) :rotfl: The conferences were this week and I found out that only 2 other kids in her class got this. I feel even better about making my decision for next year.:cool1:

we got this letter too for DS, but alas we had the conference anyway. We had to reinforce just because he can sail thru the work he still needs to be quiet in class...seems he has gotten bored with the work lately, not hard enough...unfortunately the range is just too wide in his class, some of the kids are really low end, they get more teacher focus. Not sure what the answer is here, but we are unsettled and not sure that he will stay at this school for too much longer. We may be looking into a more higher achieving acedemic private school for him. For now since half his day is in Spanish he is engaged on that period of time, so that keeps us there....for now....

Who went to Santa Clara U???? You or your DH? I graduated in '90, my sisters in '88 & '92! Lisa
Paul (Skjerven) 1986 undergrad, 1991 School of Law

loved to see you sneaking away only to have the other Lisa snag that coffee right before you got to it....:lmao:

I am not a fan of rules so let's say guidelines - add or take away as you like:
FISH EXTENDER GUIDELINES
*Email Carol "Pahrumpgirl" if you need a fish extender. Cost $30.
*If you don't want to buy or make one, bring a christmas stocking or anything you can hang on the fish that can hold gifts
*You can bring gifts to your fellow DIS mates and not join a team.
*If you like to join a team (to save money or buy bigger gifts), email me Calmom
*Each indiviudal or team will make the decision as to who they will give fish mail to (whether they will chase people around or only deliver to fish extenders)
*If you would like to receive fish mail, you should have something hanging from your fish. Otherwise, you might be left out.
*You don't need to give mail to get mail.
*Oh yes, and this is fun!:goodvibes :scared:

pirate: Guidelines....aarrrrgh!
Sounds good to me!

I wasn't suggesting an early morning DIS meet:eek: What I thought I'd do is call room service the last morning and say "Yes, this is Karen in my big beautiful suite and I'd like some coffee and cereal for depart morning but please don't bother me with knocking on my door, just leave it outside" and then here CALMOM comes:rolleyes1 grabs her coffee:coffee: and then quickly walks away :tiptoe: Lisa

Ahhh, I get it now... just a bit devious I see...

I'm sure the others wish that they had thought of it first!!:idea:

Karen

FISH EXTENDER GUIDELINES
*If you don't want to buy or make one, bring a christmas stocking or anything you can hang on the fish that can hold gifts
*If you like to join a team (to save money or buy bigger gifts), email me Calmom
*Each indiviudal or team will make the decision as to who they will give fish mail to (whether they will chase people around or only deliver to fish extenders)
*If you would like to receive fish mail, you should have something hanging from your fish. Otherwise, you might be left out.

Yes, as Barbossa would say "they're more like... Guidelines..."pirate:

we got this letter too for DS, but alas we had the conference anyway. We had to reinforce just because he can sail thru the work he still needs to be quiet in class...seems he has gotten bored with the work lately, not hard enough...unfortunately the range is just too wide in his class, some of the kids are really low end, they get more teacher focus. Not sure what the answer is here, but we are unsettled and not sure that he will stay at this school for too much longer. We may be looking into a more higher achieving acedemic private school for him. For now since half his day is in Spanish he is engaged on that period of time, so that keeps us there....for now....

Our Junior High, which is a public school, but very small school district, has leveled classes. That means that math, reading and writing have four levels and different classes for each level. That way kids that are above average for that grade are still challenged and kids that need assistance coming up to the average are given and equal amount of help and there are two levels in between.

Really works great!! Our DD is in mastery, and is challenged every day!!:cheer2:

loved to see you sneaking away only to have the other Lisa snag that coffee right before you got to it....:lmao:

Unless the actual occupant of the suite gets to it first!!!;)

Hello?????

Karen

How funny, I applied and got into Santa Clara for law school...I would have been class of '91!!!! I opted not to go to law school because I put myself through college and the expense was too great between what I had racked up for undergrad and the potential of the new expenses for law school, it freaked me out. Small world!

Morning all. Only a couple of pages for me to read this morning. Where have you all been?

Dis about to go. bye.:)

Morning all. Only a couple of pages for me to read this morning. Where have you all been?

Dis about to go. bye.:)

It's back up, but it's slowwwww!:surfweb:

Good morning, Marilyn!!

How has your day been? Did you have a nice day yesterday? (Still today to me!)

Karen

I think we will be up so we can just bring them inside but I will have to get a head count!! You can have ALL the coffee as I only drink tea!!

:banana: :banana:

Please order about 5 cups of coffee for me!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Maybe PJ could put the order form up on the website for last day breakfast since we are getting so close and we better get this detail covered!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

FISH EXTENDER GUIDELINES

Great job.....this is VERY Clear!!
How many Fish extenders are out there now and from the experienced Canal cruisers...how many do you think we will end up with??

Oh my, I'm just 4 more posts away from 500. I need to think of something really clever to say...but what, but what??? Should I post my 500 over on the EB thread as a sign of peace and friendship??? Oh should I save it and not post again...I hear my husband yelling "YES!" as he takes care of all 4 boys so I can catch up on the DIS boards. :lmao: Now he is changing the youngest's diaper....oh boy, glad that wasn't my 500 post. Don't want THAT to go down in history. The pressure, the pressure...:eek:
I posted my 1,000 on this thread....and I did think about it for a while..not sure if I could find it now or not......

We had to reinforce just because he can sail thru the work he still needs to be quiet in class.

Gretchen story time: she is my DD10 and will not be on this cruise. She is WILD!! I will post some pictures sometime of her dance competetions...she dances with High Schoolers....

Anyway, when she was in first grade her teacher called us in. Seems Gretchen was talking way to much in class. The teacher explained that she had moved her from seat to seat and nothing had worked. She told us (I will never forget this one) "Gretchen is the class leader...If Gretchen comes in a bad mood the whole class is in a bad mood...If Gretchen comes in a good mood...the whole class is in a good mood. I have to tell you Mrs. Halterman, I have never had the class leader be so far behind the other kids academically" I suggested putting Gretchen in the back of the room by the wall where there were no other kids. " No" she said "If I move Gretchen by the wall, soon the wall will be Gretchen's best friend!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In 5th grade now (yes she did pass 1st grade) she does great in school, but still talks all the time. She is on stage, dancing, singing whenever and whereever she can. She really is very cute. She is the littlest one in the picture of my kids.

That picture was taken in the Goofy pool.

Good morning, Marilyn!!

Karen

I love how you guys talk to each other in different days....so cool.

Remember for the US folks to change your clock tonight!!

Good morning, Marilyn!!

Karen

We went straight off today as soon as I was ready after I posted. Went on a nostalgic trip to the area I was brought up till I was 18, drove around a while, then ended up at where we lived for the 25+ years before moving here in 2001!! Have to say I am glad we live here!

Whoo Hoo Mother's Day on Castaway Cay! We need a Shirt for this!:cool1:

Is it pronounced natter like "mad hatter" or natter like "see you later"??!?!

For the UK cruisers, it won't be Mother's Day. Ours is earlier in the year than yours, next Sunday in fact - March 18th.

Not that it affects me at all these days as I'm not a mother, and no longer have my mother or MIL. :sad1:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but "natter" is pronounced like hatter. Don't know the origins of the word or whether it's used all across England - I use it, but I'm from the north, where Marilyn (Granmaz) lives.

We went straight off today as soon as I was ready after I posted. Went on a nostalgic trip to the area I was brought up till I was 18, drove around a while, then ended up at where we lived for the 25+ years before moving here in 2001!! Have to say I am glad we live here!

Sounds as if you had a nice morning Marilyn. Hope it was sunny for you as it is here in the Midlands. Are you Yorkshire born and bred (like me) or an immigrant?! :)

Just wanted to stop in and say hello....I faithfully read these threads, and am so excited about meeting everyone and being included with everything...:woohoo: :banana:

More exciting - my husband Bob and I are meeting up with someone from this thread next Saturday night....EllaEnchanted....this is so cool meeting people before the cruise. I only know LiserAnn from California (who I adore, and her family....met up 2 years ago on the Mexico cruise and hope to share a dining room table with????????Lisa????????)....:confused3

I truly LOVE reading every thread...when I don't get time, my husband tells me what is going on - oh, when you get to know me, you'll understand, I'm the 'talker' - he is quiet but a super nice guy who LOVES Disboards (well, maybe he is quiet because he can't get a word in EVER, yep, I'm the chatter, right Lisa?:rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )...

keep on chatting people!:woohoo: :banana: :cool1:

Bob and Lucy

Yorkshire born and bred. Lived in Hebden Bridge till I was 18, then trained in Leeds for 3 years before getting married and moving down to Basingstoke for a few years. After a couple of years in Newbury we moved back to Keighley, then to the Bingley area(3 area moves) where we stayed for the 25+ years.

John is a southerner, but an honorary Yorkshireman now after being up here for 33 years!! He still says barth instead of bath though, and other similar pronunciations!!!:rotfl:

Where are you from?

Oh, and it hasn't been sunny!!! It was meant to be, that is why we set off, but everywhere over Hebden Bridge area looked dull and dreary!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello....I faithfully read these threads, and am so excited about meeting everyone and being included with everything...:woohoo: :banana:

More exciting - my husband Bob and I are meeting up with someone from this thread next Saturday night....EllaEnchanted....this is so cool meeting people before the cruise. I only know LiserAnn from California (who I adore, and her family....met up 2 years ago on the Mexico cruise and hope to share a dining room table with????????Lisa????????)....:confused3

I truly LOVE reading every thread...when I don't get time, my husband tells me what is going on - oh, when you get to know me, you'll understand, I'm the 'talker' - he is quiet but a super nice guy who LOVES Disboards (well, maybe he is quiet because he can't get a word in EVER, yep, I'm the chatter, right Lisa?:rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )...

keep on chatting people!:woohoo: :banana: :cool1:

Bob and Lucy

Hi Bob and Lucy. My husband is quiet too!!! I can't get him to join the Dis though.:confused3

Sorry if this has already been answered, but "natter" is pronounced like hatter. Don't know the origins of the word or whether it's used all across England - I use it, but I'm from the north, where Marilyn (Granmaz) lives.

Origins of natter:

grumble, fret," 1829, northern England dialect variant of gnatter "to chatter, grumble," earlier (18c.) "to nibble away," probably of echoic origin.

:surfweb:

Yorkshire born and bred. Lived in Hebden Bridge till I was 18, then trained in Leeds for 3 years before getting married and moving down to Basingstoke for a few years. After a couple of years in Newbury we moved back to Keighley, then to the Bingley area(3 area moves) where we stayed for the 25+ years.

John is a southerner, but an honorary Yorkshireman now after being up here for 33 years!! He still says barth instead of bath though, and other similar pronunciations!!!:rotfl:

Where are you from?

Oh, and it hasn't been sunny!!! It was meant to be, that is why we set off, but everywhere over Hebden Bridge area looked dull and dreary!

Would you believe - I'm from Todmorden!
Only lived there until I was about 3, then moved to Newton-le-Willows for a few years, then Bournemouth of all places when I was 6-ish. Where I became bilingual - saying barth at school and bath at home!

Have since lived in the West Indies, Cambridgeshire, London, South Wales, Hampshire (Odiham, so I know Basingstoke), North Devon, South Wales (again) and Shropshire - mostly courtesy of the RAF - and finally settled in the West Midlands. So my accent is pretty hard to define, but certainly northern rather than southern.

Married to a Londoner, but no-one's perfect. At least he's not a Lancastrian! :rotfl: (Family secret - DF was born in Littleborough :eek: but pretends he's a Yorkshireman!)

Origins of natter:

grumble, fret," 1829, northern England dialect variant of gnatter "to chatter, grumble," earlier (18c.) "to nibble away," probably of echoic origin.

:surfweb:

I think some Lancashire folk may say they are 'nattering', meaning fretting, actually.

For me though it is just a good old chat!:chat: :hyper2:

Would you believe - I'm from Todmorden!
Only lived there until I was about 3, then moved to Newton-le-Willows for a few years, then Bournemouth of all places when I was 6-ish. Where I became bilingual - saying barth at school and bath at home!

Have since lived in the West Indies, Cambridgeshire, London, South Wales, Hampshire (Odiham, so I know Basingstoke), North Devon, South Wales (again) and Shropshire - mostly courtesy of the RAF - and finally settled in the West Midlands. So my accent is pretty hard to define, but certainly northern rather than southern.

Married to a Londoner, but no-one's perfect. At least he's not a Lancastrian! :rotfl: (Family secret - DF was born in Littleborough :eek: but pretends he's a Yorkshireman!)

Wow, you've been around! We spent loads of time in Todmorden as we had family friends there. Always loads of banter about the great Yorks/Lancs divide too. When you get with me you will probably slip into a nice broad Yorkshire accent!

John does call buns buns now instead of fairy cakes so he is improving!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter