May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a couple questions for anyone that might know. How much a Disney transfer from the port in California to LAX will be? Where exactly is the port in Cali? How far is it from the port to LAX? Any help would be great thanks.

I can't answer the DCL transfer cost as we took Golden West limo from LAX to the port which was $49 each way, plus tip. The port is in San Pedro and is 19.8 miles from the airport. The port link below has another link where you can print driving directions from LAX:

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/crusshp.htm

Got a couple questions for anyone that might know. How much a Disney transfer from the port in California to LAX will be? Where exactly is the port in Cali? How far is it from the port to LAX? Any help would be great thanks.

When I called several weeks ago they said it would be $30, But don't hold me to it since we have nothing in writting.

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for the concern...here's the latest update. They apparently put out the DeLuz fire and let everyone from there go back home, only for them to turn around and be evacuated again because one of the two Camp Pendleton fires is moving toward them. That one is called the Horner Fire. The second CP fire was put out. This morning Fallbrook was pretty much all evacuated and they lost 100 homes...just this morning! Not sure if anyone remembers Carolyn (clynne)? They live in Fallbrook if I'm not mistaken. Hope all is well with them! In addition, two arson fires were started in Temecula and they had to evacuate a community near there called Redhawk. To top it off, his morning I heard fire trucks for 10 minutes at 5:45am and voices on a loud speaker (that got us out of bed QUICK) and a house two streets over was involved in a house fire (not one set by wildfires or anything). Go figure...just to add more stress!

It makes me SICK that people are setting fires right now. Our emergency services are stressed to the max right now. It's ridiculous. The Silverado fire that's been burning in OC was an arson fire....people's lives are devastated (and in some cases, ruined-if they don't have insurance) just so some sicko could get their kicks. ARG! That makes me mad.

By the way, the expected containment date for the SD fires is 11/6!!

In addition, two arson fires were started

It makes me SICK that people are setting fires right now. Our emergency services are stressed to the max right now. It's ridiculous. The Silverado fire that's been burning in OC was an arson fire....people's lives are devastated (and in some cases, ruined-if they don't have insurance) just so some sicko could get their kicks. ARG! That makes me mad.[/QUOTE

It takes a sick person to do something like that!

Lisa is your house covered in ashes? Kelly that is on this cruise says her back yard is covered.

We actually don't have ashes, it's like a very fine soot. There's a weird haze outside. Our winds usually begin around 2:30 until 5pm so I'll be curious to see what those bring. They usually come from the Camp Pendleton direction.

holly, Glad everything went pretty good with Tyler. You are on the right road now and it will all work out.

Did step-mom or dad mention the fact that the doctor was in your building?? I laughed out loud when I read your post on that?????:confused3 :confused3
Well, I had to make a joke about that because since they were being so snotty about this particular doc, I could just imagine them thinking I was pushing the issue just because of the convenience of her being in my building. It's just how the stepmom's mind works sometimes. :rotfl:

When I got to the appointment, his dad asked if I happened to bring a copy of the Blue Cross Blue Shield referral form Tyler's pediatrician filled out because the neuropsych need to sign it too. SO, since we needed that form, I told him, "No, I didn't bring one, but.......I can go downstairs and print a copy." Because of the puzzled look on both their faces, I had to mention that I worked one floor below. Stepmom rolled her eyes and dad said sarcastically, "How convenient for you." Oh well....no skin off my nose! :rotfl2: I'm beyond caring about what they think anymore. :goodvibes

We actually don't have ashes, it's like a very fine soot. There's a weird haze outside. Our winds usually begin around 2:30 until 5pm so I'll be curious to see what those bring. They usually come from the Camp Pendleton direction.
Lisa, I'm so glad you're safe still. Everything you posted the last couple pages had me very worried. I kept reading in suspense until seeing this post. Thank goodness!

Guess we know who's boss in this house! :rotfl2:
:rotfl: EXACTLY!!!!! It just doesn't sound like a happy marriage to me and she doesn't seem like she's very happy with her life. She never smiles and is always grumbling about something. Not a fun way to live. Life's too short! Laugh, smile, have fun! :yay: :woohoo:

What interesting dynamics between Tyler's Dad and his wife! It sure sounds like she is trying to cut you out of the equation. Wonder what the physician made of all of her inputs? I am really glad that Tyler's Dad was so supportive of you and your rights.

I often wonder how those two ended up getting married. They started dating in Nov. 2001 and didn't get married until Sept. 2006, so it's not like he didn't have plenty of time to see how grumpy she is. But, we all know love is blind! ;)

I can just imagine that it is a huge relief to have the appointment over and to have the cooperation of Tyler's Dad!! I think from all you have posted the teachers are very caring and are just as concerned about helping find out what is going on with Tyler. Hopefully, they will demonstrate their concern and caring with all of the details both good and bad to help determine a diagnosis.
Yes, I'm very grateful about how much the teachers seem to care. Dad & stepmom see it as them picking on Tyler and isolating him, but that's just not true. It's a small school, so the teachers are able to be more involved. :thumbsup2

We have ashes on our car today. We have a very strong smoke smell outside now too. Hopefully our winds die down tonight and they can start containing the fires. They are predicting around 50% containment by 10/29 with 100% containment around 11/4!

The sunrise this morning was unreal - the entire sky was red. With all the particulate matter in the air sunsets and sunrises should look weird for awhile.

Here in SD there is no rain in the forecast for at least the next 10 days to help clear the air.

There's now big flakes of ash floating around, I guess I spoke too soon. you can feel it in your lungs and your eyes begin to burn if you're outside for too long. Also, someone set a fire in a neighboring town called Wildomar...that is very NEAR me....just a hill over, so I'm hoping the firefighters will get that one out. I can't understand this!

I learned the house fire this early morning was started because the person forgot a candle burning, so that's unfortunate.

Not so great news today. Tyler's pediatrician called, left me a voice mail telling me she has his EEG results. I was already worried by the Dr. calling me herself. Then she said that phrase of doom: "I don't want to alarm you, BUT....." Anyway, her message told me it's not an emergency, but she really wants to talk to me about the results right away. When I called her back, she told me the report says "abnormal rare frontal activity". She says she's going to set up a referral to the pediatric neurologist and will call me to tell me when the appointment will be. :sad1: Tyler's dad's first comment was that she'd better refer us to somebody in-network. Then he was angry that she didn't give more details. I kept telling him, she doesn't know any more details because she's not a neurologist. She was just reading what's on the report. It also said something about "potential for seizure activity, further evaluation may be necessary". I don't remember her exact words on that part.

I'm a bit too overwhelmed to try to figure it out right now. Have to call my dad and update him, and then my mom too.

Sounds to me like the teachers have Tyler's best interest at heart!
They really do. And I think they're being a bit lenient on him while we get things sorted out because they just don't think he's in control because of how drastically he changes from one kid to another from one day to the next.

We have ashes on our car today. We have a very strong smoke smell outside now too. Hopefully our winds die down tonight and they can start containing the fires. They are predicting around 50% containment by 10/29 with 100% containment around 11/4!

The sunrise this morning was unreal - the entire sky was red. With all the particulate matter in the air sunsets and sunrises should look weird for awhile.

Here in SD there is no rain in the forecast for at least the next 10 days to help clear the air.

There's now big flakes of ash floating around, I guess I spoke too soon. you can feel it in your lungs and your eyes begin to burn if you're outside for too long. Also, someone set a fire in a neighboring town called Wildomar...that is very NEAR me....just a hill over, so I'm hoping the firefighters will get that one out. I can't understand this!

I learned the house fire this early morning was started because the person forgot a candle burning, so that's unfortunate.
Both Lisas: SO scary. I can't even begin to imagine the uncertainty and fear you must wake up with every day. Tons of continued prayers from Michigan. :grouphug:

Not so great news today. Tyler's pediatrician called, left me a voice mail telling me she has his EEG results. I was already worried by the Dr. calling me herself. Then she said that phrase of doom: "I don't want to alarm you, BUT....." Anyway, her message told me it's not an emergency, but she really wants to talk to me about the results right away. When I called her back, she told me the report says "abnormal rare frontal activity". She says she's going to set up a referral to the pediatric neurologist and will call me to tell me when the appointment will be. :sad1: Tyler's dad's first comment was that she'd better refer us to somebody in-network. Then he was angry that she didn't give more details. I kept telling him, she doesn't know any more details because she's not a neurologist. She was just reading what's on the report. It also said something about "potential for seizure activity, further evaluation may be necessary". I don't remember her exact words on that part.

I'm a bit too overwhelmed to try to figure it out right now. Have to call my dad and update him, and then my mom too.

Holly, sounds like your pediatrician is right on top of things. I am sure Tyler's Dad is really more scared than angry and is also overwhelmed. Hang in there and we are all here for you!! If there is anything I can do to help, like research or anything, please let me know.

We are very worried about you and your family. Please keep us updated!! We are praying that all will go well for you and your family
!!

:pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter