May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly, sounds like your pediatrician is right on top of things. I am sure Tyler's Dad is really more scared than angry and is also overwhelmed. Hang in there and we are all here for you!! If there is anything I can do to help, like research or anything, please let me know.
Thanks Noel! :goodvibes I did a good amount of research in the past 2 hours since Tyler's been at his dad's and now my head is swimming, so I'm taking a break from reading about it. I'm sure she'll call me tomorrow telling me when our appointment is. I'll try to give my brain a rest until that appointment.

Good point about his dad being more scared and overwhelmed than angry. I completely agree, and am glad you brought that to my attention. :hug:

Holly, looks like you'll get your answers sooner rather than later....that's a great thing because they will diagnose and treat.....then that sweet caring loving child will be back in control. Keep us posted, we love Tyler too!!!!

:love: :love: :love:

Hugs, Prayers and Pixie Dust to all of our Southern CA friends....stay out of harm's way and keep posting so we know that you're staying safe.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Holly, looks like you'll get your answers sooner rather than later....that's a great thing because they will diagnose and treat.....then that sweet caring loving child will be back in control. Keep us posted, we love Tyler too!!!!

:love: :love: :love:
Thanks! Just talked to my dad. Had to wait until he & my stepmom got home from dinner. He told me things should start happening pretty quickly and that we're on the right path. :thumbsup2 Still waiting to call my mom. She doesn't get home from work until around 9pm on Wednesdays.

Good News today.....my brother got called to meet up with a ship off the coast of Japan. He leaves Nov 5th and is now getting all his required paperwork and physical, etc. taken care of so that he's ready to go. I'm so relieved for him. This is exactly what he needs to be doing right now. He'll be away for six months. It'll be hard for me not to be able to talk to him every day, but it's only for six months and since mom is gone, there won't be any emergencies to try to reach him about. So it's all for the best!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks Noel! :goodvibes I did a good amount of research in the past 2 hours since Tyler's been at his dad's and now my head is swimming, so I'm taking a break from reading about it. I'm sure she'll call me tomorrow telling me when our appointment is. I'll try to give my brain a rest until that appointment.

Good point about his dad being more scared and overwhelmed than angry. I completely agree, and am glad you brought that to my attention. :hug:

Just take it easy as there is no sense worrying about what might be until you have more information. Sometimes for me when I am overwhelmed I tend to speak off the cuff and try to say something like what he said. I will say something I can potenitally control, like the insurance issue as opposed to speaking to what I am really feeling.

Good News today.....my brother got called to meet up with a ship off the coast of Japan. He leaves Nov 5th and is now getting all his required paperwork and physical, etc. taken care of so that he's ready to go. I'm so relieved for him. This is exactly what he needs to be doing right now. He'll be away for six months. It'll be hard for me not to be able to talk to him every day, but it's only for six months and since mom is gone, there won't be any emergencies to try to reach him about. So it's all for the best!

Things do seem to work out!

Thanks! Just talked to my dad. Had to wait until he & my stepmom got home from dinner. He told me things should start happening pretty quickly and that we're on the right path. :thumbsup2 Still waiting to call my mom. She doesn't get home from work until around 9pm on Wednesdays.

I am sure you will feel even better once your Mom as the rest of your support network knows and is able to reassure you of their support!!

That's great that he found one so soon - but that you can spend some more time together before you leave too!

I am glad for your brother as he probably wants to get back to work. I know you will miss him but hopefully, you can talk on Skype and email.

I'm mostly packed....just have the odds and ends to do.....we leave tomorrow night after work. Now that I know my brother is taken care of, I can really relax and enjoy this trip. I'm starting to get really excited coz it's getting close to when we leave.

Since we'll be in FL, we'll see my brother before and after cruise....I'm glad to have some time with him away from the homefront on vaca and just relax and enjoy our last couple of days together before he goes away. I think we all need it really badly. It'll be good for all of us.

:hippie: :hippie: :hippie:

Been a little lonely with DH gone. He flew to Colorado last Thursday to open a new store in Cherry Creek. He came home Sunday night and was on the first flight out Monday morning to San Diego to assist his stores there. Flew in last night to be in his home store because one of the Presidents of the company was speaking today. He was back on a flight midmorning back to San Diego. The hope is he will be home Friday night. The girls really miss him.

Great news for your brother hen! :goodvibes I know you would have been worried about him during your vacation, so now you can totally relax, knowing he's busy getting ready to get on his ship. :thumbsup2

Been a little lonely with DH gone. He flew to Colorado last Thursday to open a new store in Cherry Creek. He came home Sunday night and was on the first flight out Monday morning to San Diego to assist his stores there. Flew in last night to be in his home store because one of the Presidents of the company was speaking today. He was back on a flight midmorning back to San Diego. The hope is he will be home Friday night. The girls really miss him.

Think of the FF miles you will have!

Just take it easy as there is no sense worrying about what might be until you have more information. Sometimes for me when I am overwhelmed I tend to speak off the cuff and try to say something like what he said. I will say something I can potenitally control, like the insurance issue as opposed to speaking to what I am really feeling.
Good point Noel, as always! :hug: Thanks!

Things do seem to work out!

That's great that he found one so soon - but that you can spend some more time together before you leave too!

I am glad for your brother as he probably wants to get back to work. I know you will miss him but hopefully, you can talk on Skype and email.

Thanks guys, it's such a relief knowing that he'll be settled and not wandering around my house looking for work. There's no need for him to come here now....he'll stay in FL until he has to leave and we'll see him there in vacation mode for me and readying for his next job for him. What a relief! I'm so happy for him and me.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:hug: I hope he gets home Friday night and has a chance to stay for a good amount of time. :grouphug:

Great news for your brother hen! :goodvibes I know you would have been worried about him during your vacation, so now you can totally relax, knowing he's busy getting ready to get on his ship. :thumbsup2

It would have been really stressful for both of us....now there's no worries!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

OK....I'm going to sit in my Homedics Shiatsu Massage Chair for a while, get nice and relaxed, do homework for a while, and get to bed. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter