MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen a story on this place on the Travel Channel a while back. Those sandwiches look awesome. I would love to try one of those some day. I hope you took some pictures of your meal...trip report please! - Sea

Dang! I inhaled it without pictures... :guilty:

I know! :idea: I'll go back!!!!

:banana:

:rotfl:

hello- everyone---

uh, guys, um, er...

well...

see....

WE NEED TO START A NEW MAYER THREAD!!!!!:snooty:

We're at 249 pages!:rolleyes1

Jo

I've never eaten at a Primanti's--- I think we had this discussion- didn't we?

Isn't that the place that puts french fries on everything?

i never understood the whole french fries on the salad thing.

:laughing:

When we lived in Rochester NY they had this place that made Garbage Plates- they were actually quite famous. http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Writeup.aspx?ReviewID=218&RefID=218 everything was thrown all together on a plate.

I never ate one, though. I think I'm a bit picky---:laughing: I don't want my food "touching". hahahahaha.

For some reason the Garbage plate reminded my of the Hubcap burger we have here:

http://www.cothams.com/homecity.htm

And it is as big as a hubcap.

I met my friend there last week on Thursday, because I thought I was going to have to testify at court that afternoon.

But is was continued.

Oh Lordy- a hubcap?????

I know you didn't eat that thing?

Was this the court from the crazy thieves????? The one where you were going to take your own personal bodyguard with you?

Haha.

Did you get the new jacket?

JO

I'm going to go to Starbucks before I have to get the kids.

I'm taking them shopping this afternoon. Their classes are all doing a sharing and caring thing- where they sponsor a needy child for Christmas.
And my babies- bless their hearts- they have all cried their eyes out- (well, I have too-) this one child asked for a Spaceheater for Christmas.:guilty: :sad1:
So I said that's what we would buy for them- and my precious babies- they got together- and came to me and asked if they could go and buy a football for one of the kids and a basketball for the other with thier own Christmas money that they've been saving to buy presents with.:grouphug:

I boo hooed last night when they asked.

So sweet.

Soemone start a new Thread-- it's feeling a bit SQUISHED in here!

See y tonight!

I've never eaten at a Primanti's--- I think we had this discussion- didn't we?

Isn't that the place that puts french fries on everything?

i never understood the whole french fries on the salad thing.

:laughing:

When we lived in Rochester NY they had this place that made Garbage Plates- they were actually quite famous. http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Writeup.aspx?ReviewID=218&RefID=218 everything was thrown all together on a plate.

I never ate one, though. I think I'm a bit picky---:laughing: I don't want my food "touching". hahahahaha.

It must be a Pittsburgh thing. I can tell you that these sandwiches taste the best if:
1. You have been out all night...
2. You are 21 years old and do not have to worry about the effect it will have on your hips :laughing:

I haven't been out past 10 pm in ages and I am farrrr away from 21. :lmao:

Hello MAYers! :goodvibes

About time for a new thread, huh???

Sea - I hope your MIL will be doing better soon. :hug:

JO - Egg nog anything - no! :sad2:

I really must get to Primanti's!! :yay:

Do we want to start another thread and keep the same title and keep it on the countdown boards? Or should we move to the community board since we really just chit chat about everything??? :confused3

Emily - Have you decided on a new resort yet? Or are you waiting until you find out for sure about CSR's restaurants and the DDP?

I am waiting it out. I love the look of CSR.... I am not ready to change just yet. I would be shocked if there wasn't anywhere to eat on the Dining Plan at a resort.

So I have terrible news... :guilty:

I don't know if you guys heard about the story from Pittsburgh about the FBI agent who was killed in the fatal shooting...

http://kdka.com/local/Robert.Korbe.wife.2.868859.html

Apparantly my parents grew up with the suspect and his wife... They ran into them at a bar a few years ago and said that they were "nice enough" people, :sad2: but they were always trouble. They never hung out with these people, but were friendly if they saw them. Anyways...

The husband had been in and out of jail on drug charges since '91 and the wife (although she hadn't ever had a charge against her) always knew what her husband was into. The FBI was coming to their house to serve him a warrant for his arrest (for trafficking crack cocain) and he opened the door - slammed the door in their faces and ran out the back door... The FBI busted in the front door and his wife came to the top of the steps and shot the agent. He died within the hour. People are wondering if she knew what was going on or if she thought that there was someone breaking into their house because it was so early in the morning.

Reguardless, I feel like it is such a shame and I am just upset about the fact that someone has now lost their husband and father, just because he was doing his job and trying to clean the streets up from trash like these people...

I think that if you live that type of a reckless lifestyle whether they meant to do it or not - there are prices to pay. It's sad because the price was there 2 small kids (who I hear are both under or around the age of 5) I don't know what exactly is going to happen, but my dad has been on the phone gossiping like an old cat lady and he heard that he is spending life in jail for all of his drug charges (he had so much cocaine that it was obvious that there was intent to sell, I think it was 5 kilos and 50 kilos of crack...) and she will be going in for life for manslaughter or getting the death penalty for killing an agent. I am not sure what will happen, either way it is just a really terrible situation for the FBI agents family.

Makes me so sad. :guilty:

Oh Lordy- a hubcap?????

I know you didn't eat that thing?

Was this the court from the crazy thieves????? The one where you were going to take your own personal bodyguard with you?

Haha.

Did you get the new jacket?

JO

I actually had the fried catfish. If you ever go to Cotham's to have a hubcap - split with a friend. Trust me! ;)

The court was for the wreck where the teenage girl and her mother LIED about being hit by a school bus. :sad2: When will it ever end! Supenaed twice in one year. :sad2: My bodyguard did offer to go to court with for the car wreck in case I was scared. ;) My DH even offered to go with me this time. :laughing: I think he thought he could handle a teenage girl and her enabling codependant mother. :rotfl:

I didn't get the jacket today. For some reason I thought I would get it after I dropped DD at dance after school. Well... I completely forgot that I had scheduled the kids for the flu mist at the dr.'s office. There is always tomorrow! :upsidedow

I'm taking them shopping this afternoon. Their classes are all doing a sharing and caring thing- where they sponsor a needy child for Christmas.
And my babies- bless their hearts- they have all cried their eyes out- (well, I have too-) this one child asked for a Spaceheater for Christmas.:guilty: :sad1:
So I said that's what we would buy for them- and my precious babies- they got together- and came to me and asked if they could go and buy a football for one of the kids and a basketball for the other with thier own Christmas money that they've been saving to buy presents with.:grouphug:

So sweet.

See y tonight!

That is so sweet! Let us know how it goes.

We do stuff like that with our kids. We are currently still doing food. It is so fun! I like this stuff as much as our family Christmas. I might like it even more!

Do we want to start another thread and keep the same title and keep it on the countdown boards? Or should we move to the community board since we really just chit chat about everything??? :confused3

Just let me know where to go. Show me the way Shelly!

I don't know if you guys heard about the story from Pittsburgh about the FBI agent who was killed in the fatal shooting...

Apparantly my parents grew up with the suspect and his wife... They ran into them at a bar a few years ago and said that they were "nice enough" people, :sad2: but they were always trouble. They never hung out with these people, but were friendly if they saw them. Anyways...

The husband had been in and out of jail on drug charges since '91 and the wife (although she hadn't ever had a charge against her) always knew what her husband was into. The FBI was coming to their house to serve him a warrant for his arrest (for trafficking crack cocain) and he opened the door - slammed the door in their faces and ran out the back door... The FBI busted in the front door and his wife came to the top of the steps and shot the agent. He died within the hour. People are wondering if she knew what was going on or if she thought that there was someone breaking into their house because it was so early in the morning.

Reguardless, I feel like it is such a shame and I am just upset about the fact that someone has now lost their husband and father, just because he was doing his job and trying to clean the streets up from trash like these people...

I think that if you live that type of a reckless lifestyle whether they meant to do it or not - there are prices to pay. It's sad because the price was there 2 small kids (who I hear are both under or around the age of 5) I don't know what exactly is going to happen, but my dad has been on the phone gossiping like an old cat lady and he heard that he is spending life in jail for all of his drug charges (he had so much cocaine that it was obvious that there was intent to sell, I think it was 5 kilos and 50 kilos of crack...) and she will be going in for life for manslaughter or getting the death penalty for killing an agent. I am not sure what will happen, either way it is just a really terrible situation for the FBI agents family.

That is so sad. A lot of police officers, state troopers, and SWAT team guys work out at my gym. I just couldn't help but think that could be one of them one day. They are such great guys! That is so sad.

That is awful RF. :sad2: I hadn't heard about that. I guess I haven't watched the news in a few days.

Morning All!!!!

I met my friend there last week on Thursday, because I thought I was going to have to testify at court that afternoon.

But is was continued.

Is that the court date from the theives... yeah the one Jo mentioned...

So sweet.

See y tonight!

OH kids are the cutest thing with the purest hearts. Things like that remind me how innocent a child's mind and heart are.... I would have balled my eyes out too thinking that my child is like that.

:confused: I think mayne the community board will be better to move it to since we do talk about everything. I think the title should remain the same only because that is what we all know.... just incase someone doesn't follow the link to lead us to the new thread.

This is Horrible. I hate when people have to lose their lives over senseless acts. His family is in my prayers that God gives them the strength to get through this hard time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter