MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!

I see we have another MAYer!!!! Hooray!!!

I have been in May scads of times. You will love it!

Sea - I hope your MIL is OK. I have been thinking about you. How's the stone? Where the recent CA fires near you? Keep us posted.

Mari - Save money. Stay at Pop! :thumbsup2

OK - I was returning birthday gifts that didn't fit my dd today or that we didn't give her. I did buy a gift for my ds, a Northface jacket. They are just the rage around here. I am already thinking of taking it back as we just paid Mega Bucks for a Football Letter Jacket for him. :headache: I had completely forgot about ordering it while in the store.

It is hard for me think about Christmas until we get all the scads of November birthdays out of the way.

I am still thinking about WDW in March! What's a MAYer to do? :confused3

Sea-
wow- lots of prayers for your MIL and your family too- hope everything is okay.
I remember when you took her to the Blue bayou for lunch--- last year- was it? You are a good SIL--- helping to takw care of her.

:hug: to all of you- keep us updated so we know how to pray concerning her.

Jo

NC-
"What's a MAYer to do?"

Plan a March vacation, that's what!:rotfl2:

As far as the NorthFace jacket- Mark bought me one when we went to Jackson hole this summer. That's all I have been wearing so far this fall. I love it.
Buuuut- you know how boys are with their letterman's jackets. That's all they want to wear once they get one.
UNTIL-
they get a girlfriend and give it to her and the girlfriend gets angry with the guy because she can't find himm one dark Friday night and she imagines the worst so she shreds said jacket in a teen angst move- right out of the movies.
And he gets mad, but you get angrier- and then all is forgiven on the girlfriend/boyfriend front when the little tramp bats her eyes lashes and cries alligator tears, but you're left holding the ashes of the expensive jacket that you bought for him and the next time you see her you want to rip her hair out by the roots but instead you have to smile and act all nice and say "Oh no, honey, it's okay that you are an insane freak- would you like some mashed potatoes, dear" while Junior is making goo goo eyes at her over the fried chicken at your Mama's Sunday dinner.

:idea: On second thought-
send the lettermans jacket back and keep the northface!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know, I know-
where DO I come up with these things???

Jo

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

Jo u are too funny..... With your way for words if you ever wrote a book I would be one of the first to buy.....

NC-
"What's a MAYer to do?"

As far as the NorthFace jacket- Mark bought me one when we went to Jackson hole this summer. That's all I have been wearing so far this fall. I love it.
Buuuut- you know how boys are with their letterman's jackets. That's all they want to wear once they get one.
UNTIL-
they get a girlfriend and give it to her and the girlfriend gets angry with the guy because she can't find himm one dark Friday night and she imagines the worst so she shreds said jacket in a teen angst move- right out of the movies.
And he gets mad, but you get angrier- and then all is forgiven on the girlfriend/boyfriend front when the little tramp bats her eyes lashes and cries alligator tears, but you're left holding the ashes of the expensive jacket that you bought for him and the next time you see her you want to rip her hair out by the roots but instead you have to smile and act all nice and say "Oh no, honey, it's okay that you are an insane freak- would you like some mashed potatoes, dear" while Junior is making goo goo eyes at her over the fried chicken at your Mama's Sunday dinner.

I know, I know-

Jo

NC-
"What's a MAYer to do?"

UNTIL-

I know, I know-

Jo

Uh, your not speaking from personal experience there are ya Jo? :scared:

:lmao:

Who????????? Me??????:confused:

Pass the mashed taters, would ya'....

MOM??????????????????:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

J

On this note, I tried one on. I almost bought it to wear to the Thanksgiving picnic at my dd's school on Friday. I couldn't make up my mind. I think I would wear it like all the time.

Then I thought,

Black

or

Brown?

:confused3

Black

or

Brown?

Is there a pill or something for indecisiveness?

I need it.

:sick:

Well, I have been summoned to prepare dinner for the kidlets.

:idea:

I know, we'll have mashed potatoes.

Mashed taters---- yum... or not.:scared:

did you ever read the thread about the nursing mom????

I'll save that story for another day.;)
Promise to put in a link at a later time. It is a MUST read.:lmao:

Have a great night.

Jo

On this note, I tried one on. I almost bought it to wear to the Thanksgiving picnic at my dd's school on Friday. I couldn't make up my mind. I think I would wear it like all the time.

Then I thought,

Black

or

Brown?

Black

or

Brown?

Is there a pill or something for indecisiveness?

I need it.

:sick:

I went with black. I wear it daily. It is really very very warm!

And no, no pill.

However- I hear the mashed taters are good at making all things right.

Oh wow. Mark really needs to come home.:rotfl:

Jo

I went with black. I wear it daily. It is really very very warm!

And no, no pill.

However- I hear the mashed taters are good at making all things right.

Oh wow. Mark really needs to come home.:rotfl:

Jo

I was thinking black also. All of my Nike pants are black, so I would wear it every morning with those.

Black with jeans. :thumbsup2

Then I saw a gal wearing the black one with Khaki pants this afternoon.

It must be a sign.

:teacher:

:laughing:

I know! :idea:

I'll take back the one I bought for my DS and trade it for one for me!

:rotfl:

:lmao:

Ya know he is getting that way cool letterman jacket! ;)

He also got a girlfriend yesterday! :eek:

He is in love! :love:

:scared1:

Hello, just got home. Very long day. My MIL is going to have a pacemaker put in sometime tomorrow.I think that they will keep her another night so that will be good, just to make sure she is OK.

Thanks for the prayers and pixie dust!

Sea

I have seen a story on this place on the Travel Channel a while back. Those sandwiches look awesome. I would love to try one of those some day. I hope you took some pictures of your meal...trip report please! - Sea

Hey all! I have a half day today! :banana:

I am going to be leaving here and meeting Bob for lunch at Primanti's :yay:
mmmmm.... I love that place! Straight up 'burgh. LOL

http://www.primantibros.com/

Hey NC: The Slymar fire was about 25 miles away from our home. My son had a choir practice in the Chatsworth area Saturday morning. We drove out there and when we got up to the top of the hill of the 405 and looked into the SF Valley, the foothills to the north were billowing smoke. As we drove into the valley the streets were filled with smoke and the winds were blowing very hard. It was already very hot, the car said it was 86 and it was only 8:15 am!

We decided to not let our son stay for the choir gig because of the fire and his problems with asthma. We didn't want to take a chance. Literally, the fire was a mile or two away from the church where they were practicing.

We were covered in ash and smoke...it was crazy. As you probably heard it was a terrible fire over 500 homes lost in a trailer park.

Later that morning I did the conference at the LA Convention center. We decided to drive down to DLR to meet our friends for Rockabilly days. Well, the traffic was tied up a bit and the sky was just awful.

I kept saying to myself...this is a big mistake, we are going to suffocate ourselves at the park. There fires in Yorba Linda and Anaheim Hills, which are about 30-50 miles away from DLR. Well, we got to the park, and actually, it wasn't bad at all. The winds had shifted to the northwest and blew the smoke away from the park. Yea, you could smell it, but you weren't being covered by ash and smoke. We had heard that the park was pretty smokey earlier in the day and there was a lot of ash in the air.

But the fires really messed up traffic in So Cal badly. One of our friends was stuck on the freeway coming up from south...it normally takes her about an 1.5 hour to get to the park...it took her over 4 hours that day!!!

DL canceled the fireworks that night because the winds were blowing too hard h and Fantasmic! fireworks were minimal too.

I was so tired, my friends wanted to ride rides, so I found a bench over at HM and took a nap for about a half hour. Nobody bothered me! LOL! Of course it was 11pm and the crowds had thinned out.

But I did learn something very interesting: You can hear the Snow White wishing well and fountain music that is next to the Castle all the way over to benches outside of the Haunted Mansion!

I took some pictures, if I have time tomorrow I will post some of them.

Our son's school was closed Monday and Tuesday because of the fires and smoke in the area...I hope that we are done with this non-sense really soon!

Sea

Sea - I hope your MIL is OK. I have been thinking about you. How's the stone? Where the recent CA fires near you? Keep us posted.

Jo, I think I will excuse myself from joining in on the discussion about my sons and their girlfriends. :rolleyes1 Sea

Morning my Fellow Mayers.....

It's going to be a sunny day here in NJ :flower3: ... cold but sunny... then tommorow we are having flurries :headache:

Sea - I hope your MIL has a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear that you are now called ashy Seacrest....

Sea - I hope your MIL does well with getting the pacemaker today. I thought those fires seemed really close to you. I am glad you are OK. I hope it is over for you guys. I think you were very wise to take your son home. I can only imagine what the smoke and ash would have done for your ds's asthma. I need to take my ds in again. Last Thursday during football he had another episode. :sad2:

Well, lots to do here.

I need to go buy a jacket for me. I told my dh last night about buying a jacket for ds and not for me. He was so funny, he said that boy has more jackets than he will be able to wear before he outgrows them. Go buy yourself a jacket.

:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter