MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, guys, listen up, this is REALLY IMPORTANT. And I'm not trying to freak anybody out, but this is stuff you need to know. Got everyone's attention now? Good...

Bed bugs are making a comeback, and they are getting more and more common in North America. We used to think they were eradicated in the US, but since we've stopped using DDT (since it's so harmful to the environment), the little monsters have been seen more and more. They have been found in apartment buildings, college dorms, and hotels -- not fleabag places, but upscale hotels, very busy, with lots of international travelers. It really has nothing to do with cleanliness, even a ritzy places can have them. If you think about it, that describes the WDW resorts pretty well. I don't know anything about specific reports, but they could be found pretty much anywhere.

TAKE PRECAUTIONS. When you first check in, don't just plunk your suitcases down on the bed -- if you are using ME, I'm assuming they'll put the cases on luggage racks or on the floor? Pull up the covers and sheets from around the bottom of the mattress and look carefully in the seams/welts on the edges of the mattresses, and pull the headboard out and look behind it (with a flashlight if you have one). The signs are pretty clear if you know what you are looking for:

http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef636.asp
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11877871/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11915026/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11916682/

If you see no signs, it's probably just fine, but it's better to take a quick look first, especially with the couple of reports of them being found at WDW -- which may or may not even be true. It's good to be careful at ANY hotel, ANYwhere. And YOU DO NOT WANT TO BRING THEM HOME. They will hitchhike in clothes and suitcases, and once you have them in your home they are very difficult and very expensive to get rid of.

Again, I'm really sorry :guilty: I do NOT want to upset anyone or scare anyone :eek: :scared1: You have to understand, I am absolutely terrified of bugs. But I just want to make sure anyone that travels knows about this stuff and is careful.

I always do this check in ANY hotel I stay in!! Always!!!

Night guys and gals....

When we awake in the morning I hope to find all my MAYer friends in good health and feeling better! Take care and Dream of Disney!

:flower3: :grouphug: :flower3:

Morning everyone! (well it is here is Aussie land)......9 days to go!!!!! YAY .....unfortunately we have both (me and my twin) got a NASTY cold and cough....just been to the Drs and he thinks it will go within 9 days...heres hoping!!!!! We have taken a few days off work to try and rest up, so I think I might start to pack today:thumbsup2 Not looking forward to the 20 hour flight very much, but luckily we have been able to upgrade to Premium Economy (Air New Zealand) so hopefully it won't be too bad! Here is my list of what we are looking forward to:-

Concierge at Contemporary
Cali Grill dinner on Mon 14th
Meeting up with our 2 Aussie workmates who are coming over too on Tue 15th (Dinner at Chef Mickeys together...watch out for the Aussies!!!)
Keys to the Kingdom tour (Tue 15th am)
Having a Lapu Lapu ? at the poly bar
Wishes cruise to celebrate our Masters of Nursing degree (I booked it as a surprise for my twin sis)
Animal kingdom (did not go there on our first WDW trip in Nov 05)
Being brave enough this time to try splash and big thunder
Le Cellier dinner (sat 19th)
flower and garden festival
trying some yummy things at goofys candy co
frozen margaritas at epcot YUM!
Doing one of the water parks (blizzard beach I think) We didn't do them last time.

Things I'm not looking forward to
20 hr flight with 4 connections and a 6 hr stop over in San Fran:scared1:
Leaving my fur baby behind (although she will be with her grandparents.....I know she will be fine, but I will miss her:love: ...she has just narrowly escaped euthanasia......she was very ill 6 weeks ago and the vet thought she had a liver tumor. She had to have a laparotomy and they were going to euthanaise her if they found anything bad......luckily it was found to be chronic cholangitis (bile duct/gall bladder inflammation) so she is wonderful now she is on some meds to make her well......I am just a over protective/worried fur baby mummy... I am sure Mickey mouse will send her a post card back home:laughing: !!!!

What is everyone else looking forward to?:yay:

it was fabulous!! i'm just getting so tired of all the baaaad drama on Greys. Adison was always my fave character :yay:

Elly- I bought the leash last year for Isabelle but I never used it and never returned it. You are more than welcome to it. It is the one with the teddybear. I just have to find it.

I love the Broadway Mall. That is only about 15 minutes from me. I am south of that.

Next time you are over my way. Email me and we should meet up.

Thank you - that is so sweet :hug: My girlfriend has one she is giving me though!
I will deff. think of you next time I am there. Its so wild we live so close!
What do you want to bet that I run into you in WDW though rather than around here!

Does anyone else watch Survivor? Tonights episode really annoyed me :furious: I don't like anyone thats left and I don't know if I can even continue watching.

If we are to make it to page 600 before vacay, we need at least 8pages of posts a day! that is ALOT of pages!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter